Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

c3 Helmet and Weapon mesh/texture bug

Discussion on c3 Helmet and Weapon mesh/texture bug within the CO2 Weapon, Armor, Effects & Interface edits forum part of the CO2 Guides & Templates category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
c3 Helmet and Weapon mesh/texture bug

Same as the title says i have some problem with custom made headgears (helmet and weapon) and trying to add that to conquer online. Ill post some screenshots later on.
Ill try to give you some details first about the items and which programs i used for making it, and converting them.
1. For modeling i was using Autodesk Maya.
2. For the texture i used UVLayout v2.
3. Used Biturn with c3 support
4. Used 3dmax for final test with 3ds not with obj file for the converting part..

After the final modeling touches i created an OBJ file (which comes with mtl file for the material/texture ).

For changing it from obj to c3 i used Biturn from AlexLane10 thread.

And this happend in game.

Picture 1.

This is a picture from the maya model with the texture from UVlayout

The area that is invisible is same as the helmet size.
For the WDF extractor i used from Korvacs

For the packer for the WDF file i used CptSky extractor/packer

(For some reason the extractor doesnt work for me but the packer does :P )

For test mesh file i used 001112030 mesh file (lvl 120 archer hat)
For test texture file i used 001112030 texture file ((dds) also 120 archer hat).
I have my own dds file that works with the UV from the helmet i used just replaced them in the c3.wdf

The size of my helmet was compared with other helmet also with a big female archer head taken from the same model for the big female lvl 120 archer armor. (I know that the test files are for small female but i just wanted to see how will the size affect different heads ( i know that for each male/female small/big there are mesh file for each of them )).

At first i thought i made it too big so i resize it make it smaller , same effect, made it smaller one more time, i had the same effect.
Afterwards i thought that the obj files is the only one that is converting without the mtl file so i thought the texture isnt correct.
Therefore i used 3dmax to save it as 3ds then converted into c3.
I got the same result as picture 1.

I get the same effect for custom made weapons.

Also tried changing the material from lambert to blinn etc nothing worked.

if any1 know or has encountered with this problem and know how to fix it ill really appreciate your help.

Forgot to mention that the mesh is made from plane while the horns in the picture from maya are from cubes.
p.s i also tried to make everything from just the plane with extrude for the horn in case the cubes were making the problem but i still got the same effect.