Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 02:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Guide] How to guess packets

Discussion on [Guide] How to guess packets within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
[Guide] How to guess packets

#deleted
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 00:07   #2

Received Thanks: 2,518
I thought you were going to show people how to make a command which took input from the user and sent a packet back to the client, which would be a good way of testing packet offsets, how wrong i was
Old 11/15/2010, 00:14   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
I thought you were going to show people how to make a command which took input from the user and sent a packet back to the client, which would be a good way of testing packet offsets, how wrong i was
I'm not going to tell them a way of doing it. I'm just helping JuicedCoder understand his packets better. I personally like breakpoint testing. It's faster for me since i have two screens and i can just experiment freely. You're not wrong though, you're welcome to edit my first post and add comments and tips.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 04:06   #4

elite*gold: 0
I agree with Korvacs but anyways i can say that the Lenght is 88
Old 11/15/2010, 17:46   #5

elite*gold: 28
I can guarantee this wont teach anyone anything about packets as I can bet they only skimmed through and will probably start saying I dont understand(Aka: men packet? ok or no?) when they never read it all.
Old 11/15/2010, 18:16   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
I can guarantee this wont teach anyone anything about packets as I can bet they only skimmed through and will probably start saying I dont understand(Aka: men packet? ok or no?) when they never read it all.
As long as it helped JuicedCoder, that was all I was aiming at. If it helps others, than i've achieved more than my goal. =] I'm just explaining what Saint told me to get me started on Elite CoEmu's development. If someone doesn't understand this than that's sad because it's just simple math. lol xP
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/15/2010, 19:48   #7

Ever heard of an IM?
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/17/2010, 14:17   #8

Big Thanks Fang! You are pro (: