Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 13:45

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[GUIDE]LOTF & NCOS

Discussion on [GUIDE]LOTF & NCOS within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[GUIDE]LOTF & NCOS

First of all this guide is made, cuz i don't understand why peoples keep call newestcoserver for lotf. There is a big different.

What is LOTF?
LOTF, was a 5017Server made of Tanels source (COServerProject). It stands for Land Of The Forgotten. LOTF, have nothing to do with the newer source by Tanel (newestcoserver). Only thing they got wich is same, is both a Conquer Online Private Server C# Source. Is a public release and made by same person.

If NewestCOServer is not a LOTF, what is it then?
NewestCOServer is not LOTF, first of all, because is not same server. Also not same version or based on same source. LOTF was also written in MySQL, newestcoserver is written in flatfile (ini). (What about ConquerSX?)It was a rewritten newestcoserver to SQL.

Why do peoples call NCOS for LOTF?
Because they don't really know anything about what they are talking about.

Feel free to flame me
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2010, 06:21   #2

Because it's the same guy who has programmed about 25 different versions of LOTF.

If he was to publicly release a server (not source), he'd name it LOTF.

It's named LOTF because it features similar/identical coding practices, methods/functions/structures. All done by the same guy, it's like naming windows 7 - Ostrich. Just because its new, doesn't mean it needs a different name.

(All of this is purely opinionated, I have not once looked at the latest version of LOTF);

Tanel = LOTF;

Also because we want to, okay
Coffee makes me hyperactive
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2010, 06:42   #3

Windows 7 is still windows.
NCOS is not LOTF.
In the fact, they are both made from scratch
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/29/2010, 06:48   #4

yes grillmad I'm agree with...
Old 07/29/2010, 06:48   #5

also LOTF is a server, not a source
Old 07/29/2010, 08:15   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by grillmad View Post
also LOTF is a server, not a source
I didn't say it was or wasn't, lrn2read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot
In the fact, they are both made from scratch
Windows 7 was not "made from scratch", it's part of the Windows NT family, and uses the same windows core, admittedly they are gradually moving away from it.

Quote:
What make's it windows?
The fact that it's core structure and programming is specific to windows, or the fact that they are the same company?

Don't try to get clever or arragont with me by the way.
Finally, if you don't know what your talking about, stop talking. (****, I love that quote)
Old 07/29/2010, 08:17   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Falcon View Post
I didn't say it was or wasn't, lrn2read.

Windows 7 was not "made from scratch", it's part of the Windows NT family, and uses the same windows core, admittedly they are gradually moving away from it.

What make's it windows?
The fact that it's core structure and programming is specific to windows, or the fact that they are the same company?

Don't try to get clever or arragont with me by the way.
Finally, if you don't know what your talking about, stop talking. (****, I love that quote)
was i talking about windows 7 anywhere?
i was talking about the 2 sources

U should be refered to ur own post
Old 07/29/2010, 09:15   #8

Quote:
was i talking about windows 7 anywhere?
i was talking about the 2 sources

U should be refered to ur own post
Quote:
What a moron.

Love how you completely ignored every other point of the post too.

What was that, urm, ?
Old 07/29/2010, 09:47   #9

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Dont see why you thought this deserved a thread in the release section, "ncos" as you have named it, was written by the person who wrote lotf, however if you look through a lotf source the word lotf is never mentioned, thats because its named after the private server where the source was released from.

Closed.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread