Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 23:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Tiny-Release] Buying Attribute Points! 5165 Source...

Discussion on [Tiny-Release] Buying Attribute Points! 5165 Source... within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/21/2010, 10:26   #16

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Korvaks is right.

Also notice, you are not checking the cps as it is removed. The player could theoretically trade the cps off to a different character and then click the button leaving them with negative cp.

Things to remember when writing npcs

1: if changing stats. UPDATE CLIENT
2: if changing anything that needs to be saved. UPDATE DATABASE/INI FILES
3: if removing something, CHECK IT FIRST (removing invent items, money, cp, etc)
4: watch your if statements carefully.

Nice to see you releasing alot of stuff (I totally understand you are new at this and there is nothing wrong with that)

Just saying... check over your code and preferably test things all the way through before you 'release' them. People appreciate releases but if the code really isn't worth using then there is no point releasing it in the first place.

That being said, keep up the good work. If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll learn really fast.

<edit>
Nvm I see now after reading more replies that lotf auto updates client for stats... interesting concept. Shocking that lotf would bother with something like that (then again... I suppose he had to noob proof the source for himself (not a flame @ anyone, just poking fun at how bad lotf usually is) )
Old 01/21/2010, 11:51   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitis C View Post

Korv in the source it doesn't do updates like the original lotf.
It would be great to know the source before you go tell him what is and whats not happening.
Finsh reading the thread before you post please.
Old 01/21/2010, 21:33   #18

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Korvaks is right.

Also notice, you are not checking the cps as it is removed. The player could theoretically trade the cps off to a different character and then click the button leaving them with negative cp.

Things to remember when writing npcs

1: if changing stats. UPDATE CLIENT
2: if changing anything that needs to be saved. UPDATE DATABASE/INI FILES
3: if removing something, CHECK IT FIRST (removing invent items, money, cp, etc)
4: watch your if statements carefully.

Nice to see you releasing alot of stuff (I totally understand you are new at this and there is nothing wrong with that)

Just saying... check over your code and preferably test things all the way through before you 'release' them. People appreciate releases but if the code really isn't worth using then there is no point releasing it in the first place.

That being said, keep up the good work. If you keep at it, I'm sure you'll learn really fast.

<edit>
Nvm I see now after reading more replies that lotf auto updates client for stats... interesting concept. Shocking that lotf would bother with something like that (then again... I suppose he had to noob proof the source for himself (not a flame @ anyone, just poking fun at how bad lotf usually is) )
Yes I'm new...and i'm sorry I can't code...I'm a starter at dis but thanks for your help and appreciation pro4never...I'll keep this in mind for the future!
Old 01/21/2010, 22:14   #19

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by killersub View Post
Yes I'm new...and i'm sorry I can't code...I'm a starter at dis but thanks for your help and appreciation pro4never...I'll keep this in mind for the future!
Well i think its good that your learning =P
Closed Thread