Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] TimeOut functions

Discussion on [Release] TimeOut functions within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old 03/28/2015, 03:20   #16

elite*gold: 0
For a small Conquer Online server, i don't think it will be a issue.
By the way, i am trying to make it simple, so if i need to change something, i will just do it at 1 place.
Old 03/30/2015, 00:58   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
It won't make any difference. Other than beautifying your code, maybe. Although if you use WaitOne/Sleep in a piece of code, that code shouldn't really appear in lots of places in the source, because you shouldn't Sleep your working threads anywhere.

Probably off-topic:
Depending on the OS, Windows in our case, every thread has a given time span to do its job then when it calls Sleep(...) it sleeps at least the rest of that time span. For Windows it's 20 ms (+/-), so even if you trigger the event you called for WaitOne, it will still wait until the 20 ms are done.

Even more weirder, is that calling something like Thread.Sleep(20) would return one time after 20 ms and one time after like 36 ms.
Anyway, you can't really have a task scheduler that works with millisecond values under like 40. Unless I am wrong and someone knows a way to go have more accuracy, in which case I beg you to show me how.
We recently did a project at our uni where we needed super high precision measurements for this, and our research lead actually brought in separate PCs(? not sure what they were TBH) specifically designed for this. Just a fun fact.

Similar Threads Similar Threads
[RELEASE] Lua scripts functions
09/27/2020 - SRO PServer Guides & Releases - 9 Replies
Hello. Last release. This is an small documentation I made for myself for some of the functions from the Lua script files used for scripted events and quests. I haven't tested most of them, and in general the whole script system is a bit messy, but if you decide to start creating stuff with it (like new quests or custom events) this may be helpful: InsertPayItemCodeName(int Amount, <String CodeName>) Return value: Unk Result: Set the codename of the item to be given with the...
[Release]Homepage Functions
10/27/2012 - Metin2 PServer Guides & Strategies - 27 Replies
Hallo Epvp, ich hab für euch eine aus langeweile entstandene Functions geschrieben, die euch dabei helfen sollen für eure Homepage bestimmte sachen zu Scripten. Ich werde diese Functions desöfteren aktuallisieren. Der einbau ist ganz einfach. Einfach in eure Index zu den anderen require folgendes hinzufügen: require("./inc/functions_by_tobias.inc.php&q uot;);
[Release] KxaVenom Public v1.2 [VIP Functions]
03/03/2012 - WarRock Hacks, Bots, Cheats & Exploits - 21 Replies
Hey, here is the new Public v1.2. Download: Release.rar VirusTotal: https://www.virustotal.com/file/6848caef5a3550f6e1 3b50d355b5af72cccfb0cd0121141fb05f3a5d3458d9df/ana lysis/1330610586/ Screen: http://i.imgur.com/YW929.png Credits:
[Release]Some functions DekaronServer.exe decompiler
08/14/2011 - Dekaron Private Server - 3 Replies
Some functions DekaronServer.exe decompiler. Hope this helps many people who understand c + + and want to get an emulator or something, with that and much easier to find some offsets and objectstruct, and understand the source code of how it was created server Dekaron and can add things that has the new global or Korean Dekaron. The functions are not 100% decompiler so I have time I will be finishing. DOWNLOAD :mofo: