Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 23:21

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] Main Questline with Branching Choices for CO

Discussion on [Release] Main Questline with Branching Choices for CO within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 111
[Release] Main Questline with Branching Choices for CO

So, I wrote this for Hybrid's server, but didn't really have time to finish it. This is already on the forums of ConquerAI, and I assume they've worked on it quite a bit, so they wont mind me putting it here.

Note: Whilst the narrative, language and general quality is considerably better than what TQ have done themselves, there might be a typo here and there as I haven't really read through it, nor have I written anything since June. This was not meant to be compiled, I just used the NPC "script" to make it a bit easier for Hybrid. There is very little actual code, that you will have to do yourself. Feel free to use it as you wish, as I doubt people bother to give credit even though they say that they have. Leave a thanks if you get some use for it at least. I do suspect that this forum is rather dead though. Anyways, enough babbling. Here you go.

Note2: Due to the fact that there are branching choices(like the witcher, telltale, deus ex and the like) it might be a bit of a confusing read, as the cases jump back and forth a bit.

This was made for the rebirth quest on COAI, so some of the mob names are from there. Some general ideas for further development are in comment form. As it was a work in progress there are some notes in there that aren't really that relevant, some are just personal notes. You will see that, I suppose.

Code:
using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;

namespace ConsoleApplication2
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            #region MainNPC // Twin City
            /*
             case 0: // The Historian  - Xhao 
             {
             ns("Did you know that Meteors capture the essence of Magic? That's what let's us upgrade items with them. Many believe");
             ns(" that they are sent from the heavens to absorb the traces left by spells cast by the Taoists.");
             r("Really? Tell me more!", 3);
             r("I have no interest in your nagging, old man.", 255);
             }
             case 3:
             {
              if(Player.reborn == 1 && player.level >= 130) 
              {
               ns("You may have heard tales of what the commoners call the "Meteor-Zone? Not many people know of this, but once a great battle took place on that plain.");
               ns(" A conflict in the coalition of Water Taoists and Fire Taoists broke out, some 500 years ago. The plain did not go by this name before the event. It was a truly epic battle.") 
               r("Is that so? You must enlighten me on this subject.", 4);
               r("This is all very nice, but I have better things to do.", 255);
              }
              else
              {
                 ns("Just trying to enlighten some of the folk. Peace be with you, young one.");
                 r("Cheerio, old chap!", 255);
              }
             case 4:
              {
                ns("The books state that at the time it was believed that the war started because someone on the Fireside had abducted the daughter of the Water Taoist General. ");
                ns("It is said that some 50,000 perished in that battle. The more disturbing part is that many believed later that the whole conflict was based on a lie. Someone ");
                ns("had tricked the two sides into fighting eachother.");
                r("This sounds awful, but how does this concern me?", 5);
                r("An interesting tale, but I must go.", 255);
              }
             case 5:
             {
               ns("There is a propehcy... One that has scared the population of these lands for hundreds of years. "There will come a time when the world will plunge into chaos. ");
               ns("There will come a time when all hope will fade. There will come a time when the world will end. Man and beast shall wither and die. Three will remain. Only three.");
               r("What does this mean?", 6);
               r("I will be back, I have some errands to run first.", 255);
             }
             case 6:
             {
               ns("I fear it has something to do with what caused the battle I spoke of earlier. I think these three are the ones responsible for tricking the taoists into fighting eachother. My books tell tales of ");
               ns(" a group of fearsome otherworldly creatures who could take the form of human beings. Three leaders who could summon monsters from beyond our world, from the void(more on a metaphysical world later...).");
               ns(" With the recent attacks on cities(wavedef-event) I fear these creatures may once again have taken an interest in our lands. I fear... the end is coming.");
               r("This is horrifying! How can I help?", 7);
             }
             case 7:
             {
              ns("I once knew a man named Lin, who like me is a historian, but he has a keen interest in all things evil. He might be able to point you in the right direction. ");
              ns("Here, take this letter so he knows I sent you. I have not seen the man for 10 years, but all his life he has gone to the pond in MetZone to fish. I think you can find him there. 139,264 in MetZone.");
              r("I will be on my way.", 255);
              Player.AddItem(710854);// Letter
             }
             }
             */
            #endregion // ideas: the books tell tales of evil otherworldly creatures who could take the form of human beings.  - one of the npcs in the quest could be a part of the whole evil organizaton -- try to incorporate interactive storytelling -> telltale games style.
            #region Lin // Coords: 135,264 Map: 1210(MetZone)
            /*  case 0:
            {
             if(Player.HasItem(710854)) // Letter
             {
               ns("Xhao sent you? I have not heard from that man in a lifetime. Hm, it says you have come about the prophecy. What do you want to know?");
               r("Xhao talked about three monsters. What can you tell me about them?", 1);
             }
             else if( CHECK FOR PLAYER HAVING PARTICIPATED IN 3 EVENTS)
             {
               ns("What you have witnessed is far worse than I could ever have imagined. These monsters are without doubt not of this world. Something, or someone else has sent them here.");
               r("What should I do?", 3);
             }
             else if (Player.HasItem(710002) && 3 CITYDEFEVENTS PARTICIPATED IN AND LETTER REMOVED)    //  Item named "FowlEgg" - checking for this in next stage - ALL THE ITEMS USED IN THE QUEST HAVE TO BE UNTRADEABLE/UNDROPPABLE
             {
               ns("You have returned. I see that you have brought with you what I was talking about. We are fortunate, indeed. This may be able to help us get to the bottom of this mystery. ")
               ns("You shall have to go meet a man I know only of as The Mage. Not much is known of this man, other than that he possesses great magical powers, and can interpret old magical items. ");
               ns("Travel to the Great Tree in Dream Land. You will most likely find him there.");
               r("Before I go, one more question... ", 5);
               r("I will be on my way to meet him. Good bye, old man.", 255);
             }
             else
             {
              ns("Did you know that "Tao" in Taoism is something that is both the source and the driving force behind everything that exists in the world?");
              r("It is? Fascinating.", 255);
              }
            }  
             case 1:
            {
             ns("There are many stories about these three. Pretty much every one of them is complete bullshit, I'm afraid. I do have an idea though. I'm sure you have notcied all the recent attacks on ");
             ns("the main cities. I want you to go and defend three cities and pick up clues from each time. I think that should be your first move. Go my friend. Time is of the essence. Keep this item in your inventory while you hunt.");
             r("I am ready.", 2);
             r("Give me a moment.", 255);
            }
             case 2:
             {
               Player.RemoveItem(710854); // Letter
               ADD SOME WAY TO CHECK THAT THE PLAYER HAS STARTED THIS STAGE OF QUEST.
             }
             case 3:
             {
               ns("I have long thought that there might be some trace left of the old battle here left still. The Doves that walk this plain can become extremely old. ");
               ns("It is unlikely, but there might be one of these Doves that still bears a clue for us. I have heard a man who is able to interpret the magical imprint on ancient items. He could be able to help us. ")
               ns("For now I need you to look for clues among the MeteorDoves here. While I oppose violence, you must kill as many as you can until you find what we're looking for. You will know what it is when it drops.);
               r("I shall do my best.", 4);
             }
             case 4:
             {
               ADD A TRACE TO THE CHARACTER THAT WILL MAKE IT POSSIBLE FOR METEORDOVES TO DROP A SPECIAL ITEM TO THE PLAYER AFTER SOME EFFORT, MAYBE FIXED AT 500 KILLS OR SO. POSSIBLY SPAWN A BOSS AT 500 KILLS? MAKE METEORDOVES MORE POWERFUL BY THE WAY, THEYRE BASICALLY TURTLEDOVES AT THIS POINT
             }
             case 5:
             {
               ns("What do you wish to know?");
               r("How come you are still here? Xhao told me he had not seen you for 20 years, yet here you are.", 6);
             }
             case 6:
             {
               ns("Lets just say... Xhao and I are special. We do not age quite like others. When the time is right, you will understand.");
               r("I will be patient.", 255);
             }

*/
            // drep metdoves for quest? // wish granted at the end for 2nd rebirth
            #endregion
            #region DreamLand NPC - The Mage 
            /*       //   THE BOSS, ONE OF THE FIRST THREE THAT YOU FIGHT OFF HERE, DROPS AN ITEM THAT THE MAGE CHECKS FOR YOU HAVING EVERY TIME SOMEONE COMES TO HIM, SO YOU CAN PROGRESS IN THE QUEST. -  SEE FIRST IF STATEMENT, SECOND IF STATEMENT IS THE ONE AFTER YOU ARE SENT FROM LIN
              case 0:
              {
                if(Player.HasItem(WhateverTheFirstBossDropped) && player.reborn == 1 && player.level >= 130) // Branching story starts from this NPC. 
                {
                  ns("You have lifted a great burden off this land, adventurer, and it's people will be grateful to you. The Monster you have slain was one of The Three. While this stops the prophecy, a prophecy is ");
                  ns("still only a myth of sorts. The end is still coming. The first is but a lackey of the others. Your trial has but begun, I am afraid.");
                  r("I... I am not sure how I can deal with being responsible for all this death. If the end really is coming, maybe things should just play out?", 5);
                  r("No citizen shall feel unsafe while I am here. I am devoted to the cause.", 6);
                }
                else if(Player.HasItem(710002) && player.reborn == 1 && player.level >= 130)
                 {
                   ns("What do you seek, adventurer?");
                   r("A man named Lin sent me here. I am on a mission to investigate the ongoing monster-attacks.", 1);
                 }
                else if(Player.HasItem(StarDBFromSeth) && player.reborn == 1 && player.level >= 130 && MilitaryLetter.Forged == false) 
                 {

}
                else if(Player.HasItem(StarDBFromBandits) && player.reborn == 1 && player.level >= 130 && MilitaryLetter.Forged == true)
                 {

}
               else
                 {
                  ns("Do not disturb me in my meditation. Leave now, before I must remove you forcefully.");
                  r("I will be on my way", 255);
                 }

case 1:
              {
                 ns("I have waited for this moment for a long time, adventurer. Far longer than I care to admit. I can feel a magical aura on you that I have not felt in ages. ");
                 ns("You have come to hunt The Three, have you not?");
                 r("As of yet I do not know anything about them to be honest, but yes. I was hoping you could tell me more.", 2);
              }
             case 2:
             {
                ns("It is true that these monsters are not from around here, as you now have heard. The item that you carry, which I will now take into my possession, has a dark magical trace on it.");
                ns(" The animal that carried this inside it has been touched by a creature from a place called The Abyss. It is a metaphysical world of sorts, a waystation. Purgatory, if you will. ");
                ns("You shall venture into this world, in time. Not quite yet, but in time. There is much to be done, adventurer. I shall guide you the best I can.");
                r("This is a lot to take in. How can I get to this... Abyss?", 3);
                r("I have preparations to make, but I will return.", 255);
             }
             case 3:
             {
                Player.RemoveItem(710002);
                ns("I fear it is not possible to just walk into a metaphysical world. However, I have recently felt the vibrations of powerful magic coming from this dimension. There is a strong magic ");
                ns("coming from the south of Adventure Zone. It feels as if the Basilisks, normally peaceful creatures that dont attack unless their territory is threatened, have been infected with some malicious disease of the mind. Such a thing may be caused ");
                ns(" by great evil close by. Travel there, and you may have an answer. I shall give you an item that will save the souls of the Basilisk. You will have to slay the infected, but their souls will find salvation with this."); // READ FOR DESC OF WHAT NEEDS TO BE PROGRAMMED FOR THIS: CREATE MOB NAMED "INFECTED BASILISK" OR SOMETHING, THAT IS LEVEL 130+  - THEY WILL HAVE A MET-LIKE CHANCE OF PLACING A SCROLL IN THE PLAYERS INVENTORY THAT CAN OPEN A PORTAL TO A RANDOM MAP. DISPLAY SYSTEM MESSAGE THAT YOU GOT THE ITEM AND YOU CAN OPEN A PORTAL WITH IT. PLAYER CAN HAVE FRIENDS HELP OUT TO KILL THIS FIRST BOSS. IT WILL BE NEEDED UNLESS THE GEAR IS VERY GOOD. AFTER BATTLE DISPLAY SYSTEM MESSAGE THAT TELLS THE PLAYER TO GO BACK TO THE MAGE IN DREAMLAND WITH THE ITEM THE BOSS DROPPED.
                r("I WILL get to the bottom of this! No more innocent villagers will die while I still draw breath.", 4);
                r("Do not think I care one second for the souls of those beasts. Keep your magic item.", 7);
             } 
             case 4:
             {
               ns("The spirit of a warrior, truly. I wish you good luck on this quest. You might find yourself inclined to help out the Basilisks. so take this item with you, and you may save their souls. "); // WHILE HAVING SERENEDEW IN INVENTORY(WHICH CAN NOT BE REMOVED UNTIL LATER) THE INFECTED BASIS WILL BECOME NORMAL BASILISKS AFTER DIEING TO THE PLAYER KILLING THEM? OTHER WAYS TO HANDLE THIS. MIGHT BECOME A MESS OF THE SPAWN, BUT ALSO HAVING THE INFECTED ONES INBETWEEN THE HEALTHY COULD BE COOL.
               r("Thank you.", 255);
               Player.AddItem(721817); // SereneDew
             }
             case 5:
             {
               ns("It is not up for me to decide what you do here, adventurer. This journey is yours alone. If you wish to, you may take your own path.");
               r("No, I wish to have guidance. What do I do next?", 6);
               r("I do not need you, old man. I can figure this out for myself.", 8);
             }
             case 6: // next stage after killing boss and getting help from NPC
             {
              ns("You are a good person. Some say that the only divine in this world, is the person who puts the needs of others ahead of "insert player gender - his/her" own."
              r("Thank you. I've always thought that my own life has little importance in the big scheme of things.", 10);
             }
             case 7:
             {
               ns("Very well. I can not force your hand in this. You will still have to slay the infected Basilisk though, to find the source of their torment. Go now.");
               r("I will do so, but only because I will enjoy ending their puny lives.", 9);
             }
             case 8: // next stage after killing boss when going down your own path
             {
               //DISPLAY A MESSAGE IN THE CHAT OF THE CHARACTER: "I should go and see Jia in Bird Island, the head of the City Guard there, to hear what she has to say about the monster attacks. I can forge a letter from The Mage, saying he sent me."
               Player.Additem(711323); // Letter
               // add bool to check that the letter is forged
             }
             case 9: 
            {
               // ADD A TRACE TO THE CHARACTER TO ALLOW IT TO KILL THE INFECTED BASILISK AND OPEN THE GATE WITHOUT THE SERENEDEW. DO NOT SPAWN NEW NON-INFECTED BASILISKS IF SERENEDEW IS NOT IN THE PLAYERS INVENTORY.
            }
             case 10:
            {
               ns("You have wisdom, no doubt, but do you have the willpower to finish this journey? Anyway, there have been reports of escalating attacks on Desert City, Ape Mountain and Bird Island. I recommend that you");
               ns(" travel to Desert City and talk to the people there, and see what you can figure out. The man they call Archie, one of the city guards knows the Desert and its people well. You should go talk to him. Take this letter to him.");
               r("I am on my way.", 11);
            }
            case 11:
            {
             Player.Additem(711235); // MilitaryLetter
            }
              */
            #endregion
            #region Jia Bird Island
            /*
             case 0:
             {
               if(Player.HasItem(711323) && Player.Level >= 130 && player.reborn == 1 && MilitaryLetter.Forged == true)
               {
                 ns("You were sent by The Mage?! This is a great honour, truly. How may I help you?");
                 r("I am on a quest to help the people of our realm. I am going to need your help.", 1);

}
               else
               {
                 ns("I work my hardest to keep this city and its people safe from harm.");
                 r("As you were, soldier!", 255);
               }
             }
             case 1:
             {
                ns("Very well, sir. I shall do what I can to aid you.");
                r("Excellent. Have you noticed any increase in monster attacks on the city lately?", 2);
             }
             case 2:
             {
                ns("Not here on Bird Island, no. I do know that there have been other regions who have had a lot more problems lately though. ");
                ns("Unfortunately that is information that I am not at liberty to disclose with civilians.");
                r("Please, this is a matter of great importance! (PERSUADE)", 3); // Jia is sensible, so the player is 100% successful with this choice. 
                r("You WILL tell me this instance! If not I will have to hurt you. I shall begin with slitting the throat of your dear fucking sister. (THREATEN)", 4); // this option gives a 50% chance of success, increased by 1% for every BP over 150(?)
                r("Would a little bit of... shiny metal loosen your tounge? (BRIBE)", 5);
                r("I'll figure this out for myself. I've encountered rocks that have been more helpful than you. (ASK AROUND FOR INFORMATION), 10);
             }
             case 3: 
             {
                ns("Fine. But first promise me that you will not tell anyone you got this from me. I would loose my job.");
                r("Sure. You have my word.", 8);
             }
             case 8:
             {
               ns("We have recieved intel from an informant amoungst the Bandits here on the Island that they are planning something big in the Bandit Cave in Phoenix Castle. You should travel there and speak to Duan Yu.");
               r("Thank you. You have been of great service.", 9);
             }
             case 4:
             {
               if(successful)
               {
                ns("Okay! Please do not hurt my family! We've recieved word from a man named Duan Yu in Phoenix Castle that the Bandits in the Phoenix Cave are planning something big. Go see him, and leave me alone!");
                r("See, that was not so hard, was it? Have a silver for your troubles.", 9);
                Player.Silvers -= 1; // seems stupid, but makes the player seem like he/she looks down on the girl. 
               }
               else
               {
                  ns("You do not scare me. Get out of my sight before I slice you open!");
                  r("Sorry. I'll go.", 10);
               }
             }
             case 5:
             {
               ns("If you never speak of this again, and the price is right, then I may be inclined to let some intel slip.");
               r("Give 1,000 silvers", 6);
               r("Give 10,000 silvers", 6);
               r("Give 100,000 silvers", 7);
               r("Give 500,000 silvers", 8);
             }
             case 6:
             {
               ns("You insult me! Away with you, before I have you put in chains for attempting to bribe me! I am keeping your money, or else...");
               r("Whatever, bitch.", 10);
               Player.Silvers -= 10000 // draw from warehouse if not in inventory or something, idk. 
             }
             case 7:
             {
               ns("I.. Ok. We've know that a man named Duan Yu has found out that something dangerous is going to happen in the Phoenix Castle Cave. Go talk to him.");
               r("Thank you.", 9);
               Player.Silvers -= 100000
             }
             case 8:
             {
               ns("I.. Ok. We've know that a man named Duan Yu has found out that something dangerous is going to happen in the Phoenix Castle Cave. Go talk to him.");
               r("Thank you.", 9);
               Player.Silvers -= 500000
             }
             case 9:
             {
               ADD TRACE FOR DUAN YU
               Player.RemoveItem(711235);
             }
             case 10:
             {
               // ADD TRACE FOR OTHER NPCS IN AREA AND A CHAT OPTION TO SOME BI NPCS: r("What can you tell me about the problem with the recent monster attacks in other regions?");   -- THEN ADD A 70 PCT CHANCE TO DISCLOSE THAT THE PLAYER SHOULD GO SEE DUAN YU IN PC
               DISPLAY CHAT MESSAGE: "I should talk to some more people around the Island and see what I can learn."
             }

* */
            #endregion
            #region Archie Desert City
            /*
             case 0:
              {
               if(Player.HasItem(711323) && Player.Level >= 130 && player.reborn == 1 && MilitaryLetter.Forged == false)
               {
                 ns("How can I assist you, citizen?");
                 r("I was sent here by The Mage. I require your assistance.", 1")
                 r("I shall return later.", 255);
               }
               else
               {
                 ns("Good day, sir. I am employed to keep this region secure.");
                 r("Keep up the good work.", 255);             
               }
              }
             case 1:
              {
                ns("The Mage? Dont think I've ever heard of that fellow. But I am here to help, regardless. What can I do for you?")
                r("I am looking into the increasing attacks of monsters around here. Do you have any idea where I might look to get some information about the origin of said attacks?", 2);    
              }
             case 2:
              {
                ns("Well, there's been an explorer here in the city for some time now, claiming he needs some muscle to help him out on an excavation. You could go see him. Hsu is his name, I think.");
                r("Ah, thank you. I shall go and talk to this man.", 3);
                r("I have things to see to right now, we'll resume this talk later.", 255);
              }
             case 3:
             {
                ADD TRACE TO CHARACTER FOR EXPLORER HSU
             }
             */
            #endregion
            /*
             KILLING SETH/FINISHING PC BANDIT-QUEST WILL GIVE YOU STAR-DRAGONBALLS. AFTER OBTAINING ONE OF THEM YOU GET A CHAT MESSAGE SAYING "I should probably go see The Mage again. I need to find out what this item is." SETH
             FINISHING THE BANDIT-QUEST WHICH IS ON THE "BAD GUY" BRANCH, WILL GIVE YOU THE MESSAGE "I can't figure out what to do with this item for myself. I am going to have to go see The Mage again, this is more important than personal pride."
             DROP THE SAME STAR DB FROM THE TWO BOSSES, AND USE THE BOOL FOR CHECKING IF THE MILITARYLETTER IF FORGED OR NOT TO DETERMINE WHAT CASE COMES INTO PLAY WITH THE MAGE
             */
        }
    }
}
Old 09/20/2014, 23:53   #2

elite*gold: 0
Where were you when i needed this. ._.
Old 09/21/2014, 11:22   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy. View Post
Where were you when i needed this. ._.
Well, it has been out on the COAI forums for 3-4 months.
Old 09/22/2014, 08:47   #4

elite*gold: 0
Why is it commented inside the main function?
Old 09/22/2014, 17:54   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Why is it commented inside the main function?
If you actually read the post you might get that. I just used VB as a text editor basically, there's no coding. It says so quite clearly.