Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 03:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

IConquerClient

Discussion on IConquerClient within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
IConquerClient

IConquerClient is a client manager, as most of you would expect that it had a massive class called ConquerClient but that wasn't the case, i admit it was such a bad design and that i could do much better if i thought ahead about it before building blocks all over each other

i stopped developing this project when i've found that im drifting from my main purpose (which was enchanting my c# to developing a tool for conquer online) and i've also found something better to learn which is XNA

pros and cons

pros :
- the app read everything you need to keep development
- you have many custom and user controls, like the item tool tip

cons :
- the app was made just for 5517 but you can simply turn "Item" to be an interface and inherit more specific classes ex. item5800 : Item , and that would work perfectly fine with some casting (to and from Item) (the up cast would be implicit , you would only do the down cast as it must be explicit as it could fail)
- due to using devil.net, i was forced to change the whole .net framwork to 2 or 2.5 (don't really remember) which would ban you from using stuff from the higher .net framworks (ex. funcs, linq, xml pla pla)

couple of tips (that i was personally about to do) :
- remove the methods used at kernel to be at the client class where it should have an enum for version that decided which methods being sent for those methods (after you alter them to a higher order methods)
- don't develop this projects if you have something better to do

finally i don't want credits for this, don't even press that thank button (i dun really care), what you do with this is your's, you can release it at some egy forum (not that i've anything aginist egys , i'm egy so ..) and pretend it's your's (i still don't care)

also don't ask me how to do something or if something doesn't work

p.s if you like that release and you are experienced c# developer i would love to team up to work on something (i hate people but i would love to try working in a team for the first time)

edit :

i was figuring out stuff as i'm going, using IConquerClient and some common sense
the plan was creating the shop and adding items to it till i've found that the shop already exist
and it turns out to be good enough to post, here you go

Attached Files
File Type: rar IConquerClient.rar (1.52 MB, 350 views)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 08/26/2014, 14:53   #2

Not to be a hater at that you want to learn XNA, but wasn't XNA discontinued?
Old 08/26/2014, 15:02   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Not to be a hater at that you want to learn XNA, but wasn't XNA discontinued?
that's right, im not really after the framwork as much as i am after the graphics basics i.e vectors, cameras and such
but if you have something better that i can spend a month learning then please recommend it
Old 08/26/2014, 15:07   #4

XNA is dead yes, but MonoGame is a open source version of XNA ans is still being developed. Its really easy to port XNA to Monogame.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2014, 15:09   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverKillasdwqe View Post
that's right, im not really after the framwork as much as i am after the graphics basics i.e vectors, cameras and such
but if you have something better that i can spend a month learning then please recommend it
Assuming you want to keep using C# then there is the binding for SDL 2.

There is for SDL 1 also.

SFML has a binding for C# as well.
Old 08/26/2014, 21:04   #6

The Program doesn't work
Old 08/29/2014, 21:32   #7

Good job but needs to design! GUI professionally
Old 09/02/2014, 15:07   #8

nice Job

--------
xd was going to complete developing but i check the remaining parts and i feel it too much and feel lazy and quit this idea
Old 09/02/2014, 21:23   #9

thanks everyone, here is a video i've made yesterday
i was figuring out stuff as i'm going, using IConquerClient and some common sense
the plan was creating the shop and adding items to it till i've found that the shop already exist
and it turns out to be good enough to post, here you go