Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 23:59

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Simple Open Source Project

Discussion on Simple Open Source Project within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Simple Open Source Project

Introduction:
Hey everyone. First, I want to say that there would be a lot more I would do with this project if I had the time. It's unfortunate, but I need to get back on track and limit myself to one personal project again. There's a lot I would change about this source if I had the time as well, such as the tools I used (which you will understand soon after downloading it) and the solution architecture. It was the first time I've tried something like this though, so I wasn't expecting a masterpiece.

About the Source:
The source does not log in all the way. It only gets you to the character creation window. Sorry, I just didn't have the time to finish it. It uses MySql, which is configured in the Configuration file. The way I implemented it is using a very basic home-brewed object-relational-mapper (which I made). The source is configured to run with Client 116 (which is patch 4294). You can change this in the configuration as I said. I really don't know what else to say besides good luck if you try it.

Conclusion:
As I said, if I had the choice, I would do a lot of things differently with this source. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to complete it, but hopefully someone out there has the time to fix the solution architecture and make it run. Cheers.

Download Link:
Thanks
5 Users
Old 09/04/2013, 06:08   #2

elite*gold: 0
Maybe you should explain it's done in C++?
Old 09/04/2013, 06:28   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Maybe you should explain it's done in C++?

Oops.
Old 09/04/2013, 12:34   #4

The source looks really good. Nice work, Fang!
Old 09/04/2013, 12:45   #5

I have to say I`m impressed. Probably the first source out here to present IOCP!
Old 09/04/2013, 14:25   #6

Received Thanks: 1,147
Fine. Not the best C++ project I've seen. (Better than bone's source, but that's not hard)
Old 09/04/2013, 20:10   #7

I'm fairly disappointed in this project for a number of reasons. The main reason, the Windows API (Win32). It's written in C, and it's not very compatible with modern object oriented design in VC++ 11. I had to program around the language because of random compiler time issues (that would normally never be an issue in standard C++). It's unfortunate, which is why I terminated the project (I just don't have enough time to work around the problems). If I did have the time to recreate a project similar to this, I'd use another compiler.

On the brighter side, for a Win32 project, I'm very proud of the content. My first IOCP socket system in C++, object-relational-mapper, use of red-black-trees and skip lists, etc. If I had the time, I'd restart it with a better solution architecture, but I know I'd probably run into the same weird and random compile time issues. Good luck to anyone who picks this up.