Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 11:30

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Project Koshou - 4297 Base

Discussion on Project Koshou - 4297 Base within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Project Koshou - 4297 Base

I've been developing this base for a couple months now, and I'm releasing it because... well, I'm done with Conquer Online (or at least the private server world of it), and I cannot continue in my source any longer due to my lack of knowledge, and care of TQ's DMap system.

More or less, this is really just the auth server, but it does transfer players into the game server. If you try to log in with a client, you will be able to see your character in-game. If you jump around and log off, you will be right where you left off. It even includes some bot-jump protection (thank you Fang).

First I have to give credit where credit is due.

Starting off with Fang. Without Fang, I would have never even made it this far. He's guided me along pretty much every step of the way in this project. It's thanks to him that I understand sockets and packets. There is a lot of "Fang" in this project, as you can tell with the Packet Structure and many other classes.

Lastly, Impulse for his MySQL system. I HATE the official MySQL library, and Impulse's version from his 5165 made it that much easier.

But yeah, that's about it. I honestly believe it has a very great socket system and would make for GREAT studying resources as EVERYTHING IN THIS SOURCE IS DOCUMENTED!

I hope this helps someone out and such, but who knows. Happy early Valentine's day.

Source:

Edit: Oh, how could I forget!!!! MAJOR thank you to CptSky for his cryptography and .dll!!!

Edit 2: Also, for those who are grateful for the documentation, thank Fang. He basically hammered my head with "OMGZ U NOOP DOCUMENT YOUR CODE". Thanks Fang. =P
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/11/2013, 09:10   #2

' it has one of the best socket systems every publicly released in a CO source ',
I doubt...
Old 02/11/2013, 09:21   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
' it has one of the best socket systems every publicly released in a CO source ',
I doubt...
You can look for yourself if you doubt it that much.

Either way it doesn't matter. Still tops most of the public sources that are released. The only socket systems that stand a chance of being better is something by Hybrid or Albetros.
Old 02/11/2013, 10:15   #4

elite*gold: 26
Well done mate! You've got my thanks for giving credits to those who deserve it, Also thanks for the release.
Old 02/11/2013, 13:59   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
You can look for yourself if you doubt it that much.

Either way it doesn't matter. Still tops most of the public sources that are released. The only socket systems that stand a chance of being better is something by Hybrid or Albetros.
Well let's see. You force users to put socket events, that's nice, however the auth server does not need to handle disconnect.

Also even if your async event for BeginAccept throws an exception for the connection then you should still call BeginAccept within there, because if one user causes an error then there will be no more connections to the server.

At your receive asyncevent you don't even check for SocketError if it's success. You don't check if the size of the packet is too small either. You allow any packets above 0, however a packet should be at least 4 (2 bytes for size and 2 bytes for type) for the auth server and 12 (2bytes for size, 2 bytes for type and 8 bytes for TQClient) for the game server.7

At last your socket server is not that great compared to others. It's fine, but won't call it the "best".

#Edit

Also what I got told is that you can't always guarantee you receive the size you request, so you may have to request the rest of the buffer.

Oh and also the problem with most public sources is actually not their socket systems.
Old 02/11/2013, 17:39   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBlackPlagu3x View Post
There is a lot of "Fang" in this project
This gives me hope that it's a great source.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/11/2013, 19:41   #7

@"Super Aids":

Thank you. I had no idea it was that far off from the best. Just figured since I coded socket systems using the best method. :S

@Arco.:
I almost ****** myself from how hard I laughed. Good way to start off the day with dead sides. xD
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/12/2013, 00:34   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
This source is mostly you, buddy. All I did was answer questions you had. I'd feel great about myself if I were in your position. You taught yourself a lot in just a few months. That's really cool. Good luck with your next project.
Old 02/12/2013, 05:29   #9

i think you are more then rdy to start making epic 2d games, later on i am sure you will make your own 3d game.
Old 02/12/2013, 06:29   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
i think you are more then rdy to start making epic 2d games, later on i am sure you will make your own 3d game.
Hey you dont know what are you talking about.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 02/12/2013, 10:07   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS 60D View Post
Hey you dont know what are you talking about.
Nor do you.

Piecing together information from public sources and from communication with various forum members (aka fang) he's proven that he has the problem solving skills and basic programming knowledge required to do any entry level project he wished to.

Games (2d or 3d) are no different so his comment remains correct. There's no special knowledge required for game programming past whatever libraries or frameworks you may wish to work with and possibly some more advanced math if you want to work in 3d space (matrixes can be daunting)
Thanks
4 Users
Old 02/12/2013, 16:04   #12

Making a game is not hard. It just takes experience in various areas, logic and time.
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/12/2013, 18:16   #13

Making a good game is ******* hard, regardless of your level of experience. First of all, if you want to do 3D rendering, matrices are the easiest of the math you will encounter if you start shader programming, have you tried rendering believable water? You have to be good at algebra and calculus, especially integrals and diferrential equations if you actually want to understand what`s going on behind the scenes (at rendering in general). So it is with the physics library.

Also, even if you are using premade libraries or an engine and only need to do the game logic, creating enjoyable gameplay which hooks the player is the hardest part, there`s a lot of psychology in what makes a good game. Also, let`s not forget the art!

And that`s why we love creating games.
Thanks
5 Users
Old 02/12/2013, 19:13   #14

Notice I said "making a game", not "making a good game", but I agree with your point That is also why you're usually a team when making games
Thanks
1 User
Old 02/13/2013, 04:19   #15

Members like you guys and comments like these make me realize that the internet has good people. :')

I most definitely think that I will start my own thing from here on out. Besides a project I'm working on with Dread, once that's finished if he doesn't have anymore ideas, I'll be trying my hand at miscellaneous 2D development.

**** it all though, I can barely draw a stick figure that has straight legs.