Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 04:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Official 5518 Albetros FAQ/Question Thread!

Discussion on Official 5518 Albetros FAQ/Question Thread! within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Official 5518 Albetros FAQ/Question Thread!

Ok so same deal as with the old hellmouth source. I want the FAQ separate from the release thread. I can't stand clogging up the entire release thread with the same questions over and over again.

Ask any question about the source and I'll add it to the faq.

What is Albetros
As many of you know... I released the hellmouth source quite a while back. When we released it, it was to start on our new source code named albetros. It is a completely fresh source and does not use hellmouth as a base whatsoever. We used this source for our most recent Hellmouth: Revival beta tests. It contains quite a large number of features and is rather solid as far as stability goes.

Where do I get source??

What patch?!

The source should technically work till around patch 5550 but all testing was done for patch 5518 and we do not recommend using any client past that version

Where do I get client?

Well luckily for you, you can download the official hellmouth client if you wish from

Nobility/Friends are not working or skills are not loading from database!

Someone else had this issue... these features are fully working in our source. You most likely are not using the correct version of mysql. The database has been tested and works just fine. If you experience ANY errors during execution of the backup then you are most likely using the wrong version of mysql. We suggest 5.5 or later.

I get an error executing the database! What do I do (INNODB not enabled, etc)

This means you did not enable INNODB in your mysql setup or are using the incorrect version of mysql. I STRONGLY suggest using the correct, full version of mysql from their site and uninstalling whatever crappy redistribution you're running (appserver, wamp, etc).

Someone told me I have wrong version of MySql where do I get correct version

How do I configure source once database is setup?

You have to edit both the .cfg configurations (use the default ones for testing, you can do machine specific configurations after!) as well as the .cfg.xml configuration files in both the game and login server bin folders (source location/Albetros.Game/bin/debug/config_default.cfg for example)

How do I set up client?

You should be using a 5518 client (you can get from our website, link earlier in faq) and then simply edit loaderset to your hamachi or networked ip. Do NOT use 127.0.0.1 or the client will crash.

Fan/Tower/Steeds are not working!

I removed them for pvp balance. Simply add them to the server drops and allow them in the equip code and you're good to go

I can 1 hit people with higher battle power!

Battle power is for effect only. It does NOT change pvp damage (makes game unbalanced imo)

Bosses hurt too much!

Bosses are based on archer damage so that all classes can have a chance to kill them. Get better boots or if you wish you can edit their strength inside the database.

Bosses don't drop anything good!

World bosses should be giving 5 db's as well as random refinery/souls right now. You can re-write specific drops to whatever you'd like. They re spawn every... 3 hours? I forget how often tbh. Can change in the database!

Minor bosses (dura mobs) only give good rewards if they are close to your character's level! This means they should be white/red name for best rewards. You'll get lots of bonus exp as well as some refinery/soul drops from them!

How do I change items in mall?!

Shops and malls are controlled by 2 things.

#1: What items are available.

This is emoneyshop and shop.dat in both the client and the server. If you want standard items available take one from a default 5518 client.

#2: Price of items

This is controlled by the itemtype database. There is a field for both price and cp price.

I get the error "Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe"

Not sure why this would happen seeing as it was enabled in the copy I uploaded but here's the fix.

-Right click Albetros.Game
-Click Properties
-Go to build tab
-Ensure "allow unsafe code" is checked
-Debug the project.

Should fix the issue.

I get errors saying smaps could not be loaded!

This is normal. It's because I re-converted new sets of dmaps and so there's some that are just clones and therefor don't have any actual files to be loaded. Just ignore it

What is a machine name? What do I rename config files to?!

You can find the machine name of your computer a few different ways but a really easy one would be do add the line of code...

Console.WriteLine(Environment.MachineName);

<<NEW>> I've created a simple tool to create configurations for you! This will save lots of hassle with people editing configs wrong or being confused!

How do I code new Npcs?

I use external python npcs in albetros much like I did in hellmouth source. Here's the original post I made in that release thread.

NOTE: The method names are NOT the same in albetros as they are in hellmouth. You cannot use npcs made for hellmouth and expect them to work.

If you go to handlers/npc.cs you can view all of the methods enabled for python as well as add your own new methods!

SECOND NOTE: The command to add a new npc is also different in this.

/addnpc UID Mesh Flag Name

Keep in mind that UID is a unique field for the database... Don't use something that already exists! If you just wish to view a npc you can use /testnpc Mesh.

How do I get GM??

Simply open up the accounts table and change your permission to 5 for gm.

Please feel free to post any errors or questions and I'll add them to the thread as soon as I can.
Thanks
29 Users
Old 12/05/2011, 22:45   #2

elite*gold: 20
MySQL link is broken.
Old 12/05/2011, 23:15   #3

elite*gold: 0
Well Done!!
Old 12/05/2011, 23:21   #4

Regarding character save in the source, I just want to show off how awesome NHibernate is instead of that MySqlHandler. A snippet from my current project :
PHP Code:
 public static void Save(PlayerDomain player)
        {

using (var session MySQLHelper.OpenSession())
            {

session.Update(player); session.Flush();

// LOVE THIS STUFF :D:D

}
        } 
Old 12/06/2011, 00:32   #5

woah, the console is giving me a shitload of errors.

I edited the .xml file to my system name and that got rid of "some" errors but more kept popping up.

this is for the Game-Server. any ideas?
Old 12/06/2011, 01:00   #6

include some of the errors u r getting or all of them

PS: put them in a spoiler
Old 12/06/2011, 01:52   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyono View Post
MySQL link is broken.
Fixed. I made a typo although the url was still correct ahah

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Regarding character save in the source, I just want to show off how awesome NHibernate is instead of that MySqlHandler. A snippet from my current project :
PHP Code:
 public static void Save(PlayerDomain player)
        {

using (var session MySQLHelper.OpenSession())
            {

session.Update(player); session.Flush();

// LOVE THIS STUFF :D:D

}
        } 
Honestly I never did any of the nhibrinate work in this source. That was dev's side project although it's a very cool system that opens up tons of possibilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersub View Post
woah, the console is giving me a shitload of errors.

I edited the .xml file to my system name and that got rid of "some" errors but more kept popping up.

this is for the Game-Server. any ideas?
This is one of my main pet peeves with providing support... How are we supposed to help you if you don't post the errors? rofl.
Old 12/06/2011, 03:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Fixed. I made a typo although the url was still correct ahah

Honestly I never did any of the nhibrinate work in this source. That was dev's side project although it's a very cool system that opens up tons of possibilities.

This is one of my main pet peeves with providing support... How are we supposed to help you if you don't post the errors? rofl.
I can't really copy + paste the console here, there is no log file in the source you provided (I think) the source shuts down right after it gets half done so really, you tell me how I'm supposed to copy it.
Old 12/06/2011, 03:18   #9

Quote:
I can't really copy + paste the console here, there is no log file in the source you provided (I think) the source shuts down right after it gets half done so really, you tell me how I'm supposed to copy it.
If the console remains open you can right click it and copy it and paste here... but if it shuts down half way through I'd suggest making a quick video of your desktop so we can see what's happening.

I hope/assume you're debugging it... the console just closes without throwing any exceptions in visual studio? That would be quite odd :O
Old 12/06/2011, 03:42   #10

Quote:
If the console remains open you can right click it and copy it and paste here... but if it shuts down half way through I'd suggest making a quick video of your desktop so we can see what's happening.

I hope/assume you're debugging it... the console just closes without throwing any exceptions in visual studio? That would be quite odd :O
I debugged it yet again and it gave me 10 errors(which are really the repetition of 3):

Code:
Error	7	Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe	C:\Desktop\5518 Source\Albetros\Util\IniFile.cs	85	25	Albetros.Core
Code:
Error	8	Metadata file 'C:\Desktop\5518 Source\Albetros\bin\Release\Albetros.Core.dll' could not be found	Albetros.Game
Code:
Error	10	Metadata file 'C:\Desktop\5518 Source\Albetros.Game\bin\Release\Albetros.Game.exe' could not be found	Albetros.Login
Old 12/06/2011, 03:47   #11

O_o... try re-downloading a fresh copy of the source. It should already have unsafe code allowed.

If not you can change that from the properties window but the fact it's not already enabled makes me think there's an issue with your copy.

As for the missing .dll's you should be able to remove reference and re-add them if there's a real issue. Still sounds like you just need to download a fresh copy of the source.
Old 12/06/2011, 03:51   #12

Quote:
O_o... try re-downloading a fresh copy of the source. It should already have unsafe code allowed.

If not you can change that from the properties window but the fact it's not already enabled makes me think there's an issue with your copy.

As for the missing .dll's you should be able to remove reference and re-add them if there's a real issue. Still sounds like you just need to download a fresh copy of the source.
how many times have I downloaded the source already lol. anyways I fixed the other errors, all I'm left with now is the:

Code:
Error	2	Unsafe code may only appear if compiling with /unsafe
Error.

=/.
Old 12/06/2011, 03:54   #13

As I said you can enable unsafe code by going to the properties menu and ticking the "allow unsafe code" option.

More detailed steps would be...

-Click properties
-Click Build tab
-Ensure "Allow unsafe code" is ticked
-Debug
Old 12/06/2011, 04:01   #14

Quote:
As I said you can enable unsafe code by going to the properties menu and ticking the "allow unsafe code" option.

More detailed steps would be...

-Click properties
-Click Build tab
-Ensure "Allow unsafe code" is ticked
-Debug
EDIT: I fixed that horror of an error. now we're on to the console.

the Login server seems fine:

Code:
Started accepting connections.
Code:
Forwarding to Game IP on: 127.0.0.1
etc...

Game-Server still has a lot of errors popping up on the console though, here's one of the big ones:

Code:
NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: Could not execute query [CALL GetMessageSet<?p0>] MySqlException:PROCEDURE eternalco.GetMessageSet does not exist...
any ideas?
Old 12/06/2011, 04:12   #15

Quote:
EDIT: I fixed that horror of an error. now we're on to the console.

the Login server seems fine:

Code:
Started accepting connections.
Code:
Forwarding to Game IP on: 127.0.0.1
etc...

Game-Server still has a lot of errors popping up on the console though, here's one of the big ones:

Code:
NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: Could not execute query [CALL GetMessageSet<?p0>] MySqlException:PROCEDURE eternalco.GetMessageSet does not exist...
any ideas?
Means the cfg.xml configuration file must not be working properly.

No offense but tired of going back and forth like this when I'm sure I can fix it really easily... pm me teamviewer info and I'll take a quick look.