Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server > CO2 PServer Guides & Releases
You last visited: Today at 23:15

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Release] CoCartographer. Map Viewing Software

Discussion on [Release] CoCartographer. Map Viewing Software within the CO2 PServer Guides & Releases forum part of the CO2 Private Server category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[Release] CoCartographer. Map Viewing Software

So... I started on this as a way to teach myself some basic 2d graphics coding. I've since become more focused on my pserver work and completely forgot about it until earlier today.

I know sparkie released a map viewer ages ago but I've yet to see handy links to it on epvp so I've decided to post this just so people have something to use. It's not done... hell it's not even really that great... but it works so that's what matters.

Supports simple map loading (no map objects) as well as zooming and moving around the map. No dmap data or map objects arein use so don't expect it.

You must set up the content yourself. I wasnot willing to upload 800 mb of files for you

Quote:
Welcome to a crappy test version of my Conquer Map viewer!

Literally ALL you can do with this version is view maps... which is really all it's intended to do untill I possibly take the time to make a map creator out of the idea.

HOW TO USE:

Because I don't feel like uploading hundreds of MB of data, you will have to 'populate' the data. To do this follow these simple instructions!

1: Open your client install.

2: Copy the contents of /ani/ into the /Content/ani folder of the map viewer

3: Copy the contents of the /Map/map and /Map/puzzle files into the /Content/Map folder of the map viewer

4: Use the enclosed WDF extractor to extract your client's Data.wdf file.

5: Copy the entire /Data/Map/Puzzle/ folder's contents from the extracted data into the /Content/Data/Map/Puzzle Folder of the map viewer

You should now be good to go!

Usual Jibber-Jabber:
I made this (pro4never) so don't claim you did (although you could make your own quite easily), don't re-release, etc.

Enjoy!
Pro4Never

Seeing as I forgot to add the extractor in the download like I said I was gonna... here's a link ^^

Enjoy!
Pro4Never

<Pics>

Thanks
9 Users
Old 05/19/2011, 00:38   #2

elite*gold: 0
It's cool because I saw you developing this =p
How'd you have time tho? I thought you were working on your private server?
Old 05/19/2011, 00:42   #3

I am working on my pserver. I wrote this in a few days back when I was talking about it and then forgot all about it till today when I noticed tq hadn't finished one of the maps I was on.

I tend to find side projects that distract me <_< mostly learning this 2d coding and writing this was a 2-3 day side interest that kinda went away.

I'd definitely like to do more along the lines of a map editor down the road but for now I'm just focusing on the server.
Old 05/19/2011, 00:43   #4

Nice

as i told you you are my lovely Coder
Old 05/19/2011, 00:56   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
I am working on my pserver. I wrote this in a few days back when I was talking about it and then forgot all about it till today when I noticed tq hadn't finished one of the maps I was on.

I tend to find side projects that distract me <_< mostly learning this 2d coding and writing this was a 2-3 day side interest that kinda went away.

I'd definitely like to do more along the lines of a map editor down the road but for now I'm just focusing on the server.
A map editor would be epic.
I've proposed a lot of new maps to TQ recently, none of which has gotten any attention (because they created their own ... better new ones). But for older clients, I still prefer my map. I'd love to see it turned into a real map! =p

Old 05/19/2011, 01:28   #6

Any way you would release the source code?
Old 05/19/2011, 03:15   #7

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Just curious if this uses the dmaploader i wrote?
Old 05/19/2011, 03:25   #8

Received Thanks: 1,147
If you want to add support of WDF package, just ask, I have a full support of the format.
Old 05/19/2011, 08:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Just curious if this uses the dmaploader i wrote?
It has no dmap functionality at all... so no.

@ source, meh, I can pm you it tomorrow maybe.

@ wdf struct. I may keep that in mind if I decide to do a full editor.
Old 05/19/2011, 10:57   #10

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Fair enough, was just curious because it was built with things like this in mind ^_^.
Old 05/19/2011, 15:53   #11

You are the best!
Old 05/20/2011, 08:49   #12

Waa Spirited, that map is actually pretty cool ! Some very little imperfections here and there but you said it's not finished so that's normal

I'd love to see more !

Awesome tool Chris even if it's a viewer, not editor it's still great to have those map overviews. Setting t up right now
Old 05/20/2011, 11:35   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opale View Post
Waa Spirited, that map is actually pretty cool ! Some very little imperfections here and there but you said it's not finished so that's normal

I'd love to see more !

Awesome tool Chris even if it's a viewer, not editor it's still great to have those map overviews. Setting t up right now
._. i really don't want to finish it... or do more. There's no point. I rather focus my energy on other projects.
Old 05/20/2011, 18:39   #14

how to download from crashed link
lol
Old 05/20/2011, 19:04   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramy999 View Post
how to download from crashed link
lol
dummy or something ? Click on that ( << This is a link if you didnt know ) here .. Click on "Download now", and wait.

Link is perfectly working
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread