Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 15:07

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

5165 Source

Discussion on 5165 Source within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
5165 Source

Alright, I have searched through every guide, and at some point in time... It just makes no sense. Like it will say install appserv, then open navicat. But the guide never shows even adding it. Or even other issues like broken links and such. So can someone send me to a WELL WORDED, AND WELL PUT TOGETHER guide? I have honestly tried all of the guides on here, but they stop making sense half way through. I hope someone can help me, I would like a 5165 source, with a clean 5165 client. I know im not gonna find one that is a 100% beautiful source, but anything is better then nothing. Thanks for all your help, ELITEPVPERS OWNS ALL, F*CK 4BOTTERS, and I HATE ALL OF YOU WHO STEAL 4BOTTERS "****!!!!!!!", AND POST IT HERE.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/18/2011, 18:57   #2

Btwm Eragon-SX source is buggy and garbage, not well worded, and makes no sense.

p.s. I miss InfamousOne, and StealArcher
Old 01/18/2011, 19:02   #3

5165 dosn't use mysql.

oh and btw. 4botters steals everything from here and release.
4botters is only leeching.
Old 01/19/2011, 00:14   #4

I feel you on that bro, so there is no source I can use to try to figure out this new way to set up the server? I know it dont take mysql, but the guides call for appserver for some reason. I hope someone can point me in the right direction
Old 01/19/2011, 00:35   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher71501 View Post
I feel you on that bro, so there is no source I can use to try to figure out this new way to set up the server? I know it dont take mysql, but the guides call for appserver for some reason. I hope someone can point me in the right direction
Check my signature. I have a list of all the major sources. Maybe you'll find one that you like. And for the clean client, again, check my signature. They're all official clients. Good luck!

Sincerely,
Fang
Old 01/19/2011, 02:32   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quick question for you...

I assume your programming knowledge is minimal/non existant? (talking C# here... although base programming knowledge is a huge asset)

Questions on the server you want to create:

-Are you wanting something just for you and a couple friends to mess around on?
-Do you want to host it publicly as in expect to get a number of people playing?
-How much will bugs bother you?
-How much will unfinished features bother you?
-How much time are you willing to put into LEARNING CODING
-How much time are you willing to put into MAKING YOUR SERVER

Just asking cause there are FAR better options then lotf. If having bugs is going to annoy you then I'd STRONGLY recommend staying as far away from it as possible.

If you are in any way interested on learning some coding, I've posted a bunch of diff tuts and I know a bunch of others have too (hybrid (unknownone) posted some awesome ones!). Also there is a TON of resources online for C#.

E-Book on C#

Anyways, if you wouldn't mind answering those questions maybe we can offer you some extra help ^^
Old 01/19/2011, 08:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

E-Book on C#
And this:
Old 01/19/2011, 19:31   #8

I just enrolled in Devry for Game Development, I forget the actual term used, and I am not interested in something REALLY buggy, but I dont mind small bugs to try to fix. If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it, I am trying the ReunitedCO
But the client link is gone, and I dont know where to get a client that will work. Reunited says its 5017, but when I get 5017 from the All Major Clients, it comes out being 5165 with the ini patch he gives with his link. Can someone point me in the direction with a working client for Re-UnitedCO

Btw, I am a UBER newb at this ****. Thats why I am wanting to mess with it before school picks up. Gimme something to practice on now, and when I get to school.
Old 01/19/2011, 19:35   #9

You don't want something buggy and you take a 5017 LOTF.
That must be a joke.
Old 01/19/2011, 20:06   #10

Quote:
I just enrolled in Devry for Game Development, I forget the actual term used, and I am not interested in something REALLY buggy, but I dont mind small bugs to try to fix. If you can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it, I am trying the ReunitedCO
But the client link is gone, and I dont know where to get a client that will work. Reunited says its 5017, but when I get 5017 from the All Major Clients, it comes out being 5165 with the ini patch he gives with his link. Can someone point me in the direction with a working client for Re-UnitedCO

Btw, I am a UBER newb at this crap. Thats why I am wanting to mess with it before school picks up. Gimme something to practice on now, and when I get to school.
Kk well if you are enroled to start learning game development (god help you seeing as you haven't done any coding up till now... not sure about the game development course you're in but most require some decent level of math/coding knowledge)

Start from scratch... that's the best suggestion i can give you.

Start reading e-books and guides. Work your way up to a pserver.

Make sure your main goal is LEARNING, not creating a proper server and then use the good sources as examples.

Best examples I can think of are hybrids sources (both of them, they ROCK and manifesto is the best source released to date), impulses source and possibly korv's new source (not looked at it much but it takes advantage of things I haven't seen in other servers)

Once you grasp programming basics you can work on adding things to those sources and editing things around.

Keep in mind they are BASIC, that does not mean they are buggy. Lotf and those are buggy (features are coded but don't work for shit), basic means they simply aren't coded yet. The features that are coded in those sources (Basic login/movement/some other features) are done PROPERLY and therefor are worth learning from. Lotf/coemu examples are simply going to set you back as far as learning cause you'll need to wipe all that coding style from your mind at some point.

Best of luck, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 01/19/2011, 21:38   #11

Thanks man, I am gonna read the PDF file you mentioned earlier, and then try to move on to something more advanced, also like they say, Devry lets anyone in, all you got to do is open the door lol. I figured since the only way I can learn anything is from using a comp, I might as well take online courses, and see what all I can figure out. I know its almost retarded to even think of doing that. But hey, least one day I know I might be half as good as the pro's here, and it will all be worth it. Thanks to all the help from everyone on PVPers.
Old 01/19/2011, 21:43   #12

Also read InfamouseNoone's guides, they are awesome.
Old 01/19/2011, 22:24   #13

I dont know the diff between lotf and tq binary, Someone mentioned that lotf is the best to start with, but id rather use the best source out atm to mess with. So which one would u suggest? No need to laugh at me about it :P
Old 01/19/2011, 22:38   #14

Quote:
I dont know the diff between lotf and tq binary, Someone mentioned that lotf is the best to start with, but id rather use the best source out atm to mess with. So which one would u suggest? No need to laugh at me about it :P
*insert laughter*

Tannel has created a few public sources. Everyone calls them lotf cause he at one point hosted a server called lands of the forgotten... the technical name would be newestcoserver or w/e for the new one... basically they are steaming piles of **** but they have tons of features in them so all the nubs use them and host cookie cutter servers that are all identical (and suck).

5017 lotf was horrible
5165 lotf (what everyone's using now) is arguably almost as bad

Binaries are the hacked executable files from tq. They've been modified by a bunch of different people but when you get right down to it you are running the files that conquer itself runs on... problems with this is

#1: It's illegal
#2: The files are intended for MUCH earlier patches meaning as you advance client version (as everyone has been doing a while now) it becomes more and more buggy)
#3: you won't learn any coding cause you CAN'T code for binaries... they are .exe files lol. All you can do is modify the database/client to make it look a little different or have some new quests/npcs.

The good sources on the forum contain few features in them but are very well coded (hybrid aka infamousnoone has released some of the best sources including project manifesto which is absolutely GORGEOUS). Also impulse, immune and korvak released nice C# sources and bone released a nice C++ base.
Old 01/19/2011, 23:37   #15

Well the c++ code for conquer have been leeched, so you can code for binaries.