Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:09

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEV] Conquer 53xx (Monk) Emulator [Yuki,Beatz]

Discussion on [DEV] Conquer 53xx (Monk) Emulator [Yuki,Beatz] within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Multiple Choice: Vote for everything you like
Looks fawking awesome! 61 48.03%
Useless. 17 13.39%
Release 70 55.12%
Dont release. 16 12.60%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01/10/2011, 20:13   #76

elite*gold: 0
It looks good from the pics you got. You were making good progress for a bit there, what happened? :P
Old 01/13/2011, 01:05   #77

Well no one else apart from me is working on the project and I recently lost everything on my pc when it killed itself, I am starting the project again but gonna try and make it in C++ when I have learnt a bit more.

I will update the thread when I have re started the project and possibly get some other programmers to help me a bit.
Old 01/13/2011, 02:16   #78

gOOD Luck Man
Old 01/13/2011, 17:27   #79

I can see what`s going to happen. Everyone lost interest, or will, one guy still wants to try it on his own. You will try to do it in C++, you will have a hard time debugging, and will quit. The project is dead. Don`t take it as a flame, this happened too many times before.
Old 01/13/2011, 17:47   #80

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
.... shameless self promotion

But naww, I'm sure their project will be back at some point. Best of luck learning C++, something I've been kinda putting off but I'm sure I'll do it at some point.
Old 01/13/2011, 23:42   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
I can see what`s going to happen. Everyone lost interest, or will, one guy still wants to try it on his own. You will try to do it in C++, you will have a hard time debugging, and will quit. The project is dead. Don`t take it as a flame, this happened too many times before.
Nah, I won't quit... I have one of my friends who knows C++, C# and Java like the back of his hand gonna teach me a few things and help me when I need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
.... shameless self promotion

But naww, I'm sure their project will be back at some point. Best of luck learning C++, something I've been kinda putting off but I'm sure I'll do it at some point.
Yeah I think the main difference is just the Syntax if I am correct? I only looked at it for like 2 minutes then had to go out but looks rather easy to learn :/ lol

Haha I love it pro, nothing wrong with a bit of promotion
Old 01/14/2011, 10:16   #82

Keep in mind that you`ve been spoon-fed with the .NET libraries though I wish you the best, just don`t quit
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/14/2011, 11:44   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Beatz View Post
Nah, I won't quit... I have one of my friends who knows C++, C# and Java like the back of his hand gonna teach me a few things and help me when I need it.

Yeah I think the main difference is just the Syntax if I am correct? I only looked at it for like 2 minutes then had to go out but looks rather easy to learn :/ lol

Haha I love it pro, nothing wrong with a bit of promotion
Syntax is not just the different.
That's VB & C#.

C# will not learn you much about process, memory and how a computer works.
That's where C++ is handy, it will learn you much more about preprocess, how it works, asm etc.
C++ can also work with almost everything, if not everything C# can.

Quote:
A Brief History of C++

Computer languages have undergone dramatic evolution since the first electronic computers were built to assist in telemetry calculations during World War II. Early on, programmers worked with the most primitive computer instructions: machine language. These instructions were represented by long strings of ones and zeroes. Soon, assemblers were invented to map machine instructions to human-readable and -manageable mnemonics, such as ADD and MOV.

In time, higher-level languages evolved, such as BASIC and COBOL. These languages let people work with something approximating words and sentences, such as Let I = 100. These instructions were translated back into machine language by interpreters and compilers. An interpreter translates a program as it reads it, turning the program instructions, or code, directly into actions. A compiler translates the code into an intermediary form. This step is called compiling, and produces an object file. The compiler then invokes a linker, which turns the object file into an executable program.

Because interpreters read the code as it is written and execute the code on the spot, interpreters are easy for the programmer to work with. Compilers, however, introduce the extra steps of compiling and linking the code, which is inconvenient. Compilers produce a program that is very fast each time it is run. However, the time-consuming task of translating the source code into machine language has already been accomplished.

Another advantage of many compiled languages like C++ is that you can distribute the executable program to people who don't have the compiler. With an interpretive language, you must have the language to run the program.

For many years, the principle goal of computer programmers was to write short pieces of code that would execute quickly. The program needed to be small, because memory was expensive, and it needed to be fast, because processing power was also expensive. As computers have become smaller, cheaper, and faster, and as the cost of memory has fallen, these priorities have changed. Today the cost of a programmer's time far outweighs the cost of most of the computers in use by businesses. Well-written, easy-to-maintain code is at a premium. Easy- to-maintain means that as business requirements change, the program can be extended and enhanced without great expense.
Programs

The word program is used in two ways: to describe individual instructions, or source code, created by the programmer, and to describe an entire piece of executable software. This distinction can cause enormous confusion, so we will try to distinguish between the source code on one hand, and the executable on the other.

New Term: A program can be defined as either a set of written instructions created by a programmer or an executable piece of software.

Source code can be turned into an executable program in two ways: Interpreters translate the source code into computer instructions, and the computer acts on those instructions immediately. Alternatively, compilers translate source code into a program, which you can run at a later time. While interpreters are easier to work with, most serious programming is done with compilers because compiled code runs much faster. C++ is a compiled language.
Source:

I suck at explaining, but I hope you get it.
Thanks
1 User