Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

The definition of "Classic Server"

Discussion on The definition of "Classic Server" within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 20
The definition of "Classic Server"

[rant]
Stop using the name "Classic Server" with a 5165 client with full features, cps, soul items, nobility, etc!! There's nothing "Classic" about it!

Definition of a "Classic Server":
Conquer 1.0 - Patch 4267 or below!!
No CPs! No Free +n Items on character creation!
No Ninjas, No Soul Items, No Nobility!
No Shopping Mall! No +10 - +12 Items!
No Super Items falling from every mob!

Stop using the word classic when there's NOTHING original or classic about it!
[/rant]

Examples of advertisements claiming they're a classic server :

Old 11/11/2010, 08:28   #2

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFang View Post
[rant]
Stop using the name "Classic Server" with a 5165 client with full features, cps, soul items, nobility, etc!! There's nothing "Classic" about it!

Definition of a "Classic Server":
Conquer 1.0 - Patch 4267 or below!!
No CPs! No Free +n Items on character creation!
No Ninjas, No Soul Items, No Nobility!
No Shopping Mall! No +10 - +12 Items!
No Super Items falling from every mob!

Stop using the word classic when there's NOTHING original or classic about it!
[/rant]

Examples of advertisements claiming they're a classic server :

Agree!!!
Old 11/11/2010, 08:46   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Been tempted to yell at more than a few servers advertising classic. That being said, not really requiring 1.0 to be classic. I do give them some sympathy cause there are different kinds of classic... most of them though are VERY un-classic.

I'd say you could justify calling pre battle power classic... just not as much so as other versions

Or pre lotto/db lvling/mall

All of those would be different 'stages' of classic.
Old 11/11/2010, 09:28   #4

na u cant say anything above patch 4267 is classic

classic means old interface old sounds old graphics.

they could start to call it "updated classic" cause these people claiming to be classic is bugging me too
Old 11/11/2010, 11:05   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by portscott View Post
na u cant say anything above patch 4267 is classic

classic means old interface old sounds old graphics.

they could start to call it "updated classic" cause these people claiming to be classic is bugging me too
Arbitrary simply doesn't work though is what I'm saying.

I agree that 'classic' should be reserved for proper use but where the cutoff point is is subjective.

Eg: Is goldeneye a 'classic' video game? It's old... it's well liked, many would say yes... But you could equally argue that it's not because it came after atari games or tetris.

Yes, when advertising something as classic you should be able to justify it with the correct type of content but lets face it... battle power was what? 2 years ago? Pre lotto/db lvling/mall was 3 years ago?.. I feel certain patches before those could definitely be considered 'classic'.

And yah... try actually playing on a proper 1.0 client for a while.. chances are you'll quickly come to the conclusion that it's rather... limited and gets annoying fast.

Note: I played conquer since first couple months of beta back when only 1 server existed. Hell I haven't played official servers since before battle power was released... I definitely have had a decent chunk of 'classic' experience... but like most old video games, actually spend some time playing them and if you look objectively at it, you'll realize that newer stuff really isn't that bad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2010, 11:11   #6

Classic can never beat the new conquer online.
What about arena, terato etc. Isn't that awesome features?
Classic will be bored in legnth, because is the same things going on.
I think a classic server would only last one month, then peoples will be bored and leave.

Agree total with u pro4never.

The things peoples really don't like about the newer patches are:
Code:
steeds (depends, I like them as I see them neutral and they don't really make gameplay much different)
ninjas / ninjaskills
bulking (cps is a good sub-money, but shouldn't be gained by bulking)
fan/tower
jump (depends some like old, some like new)
new compose
soul gears
itemlock
new pksystem
flowersystem
interactions
I would rather play a newer patched co server without the features above, but still the awesome things TQ have made the last year/years.
A server without these things, but still new TQ things would beat any server.

Awesome things newer patches:
Code:
arena
terato
vip (remote warehouse, repair, compose)
But lets realize it, no servers can win over TQ in any way.
Old 11/11/2010, 17:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

I agree that 'classic' should be reserved for proper use but where the cutoff point is is subjective.

Eg: Is goldeneye a 'classic' video game? It's old... it's well liked, many would say yes... But you could equally argue that it's not because it came after atari games or tetris.

Yes, when advertising something as classic you should be able to justify it with the correct type of content but lets face it... battle power was what? 2 years ago? Pre lotto/db lvling/mall was 3 years ago?.. I feel certain patches before those could definitely be considered 'classic'.

And yah... try actually playing on a proper 1.0 client for a while.. chances are you'll quickly come to the conclusion that it's rather... limited and gets annoying fast.

Note: I played conquer since first couple months of beta back when only 1 server existed. Hell I haven't played official servers since before battle power was released... I definitely have had a decent chunk of 'classic' experience... but like most old video games, actually spend some time playing them and if you look objectively at it, you'll realize that newer stuff really isn't that bad.
Aw man! Golden Eye was the ****! For GameCube right? That was and still is my favorite game xP

And yah, I have their alpha client. I remember playing it on my Windows 2000, 16-bit computer xP The client only runs in 16-bit graphics!
Old 11/11/2010, 19:45   #8

Quote:
Aw man! Golden Eye was the ****! For GameCube right? That was and still is my favorite game xP

And yah, I have their alpha client. I remember playing it on my Windows 2000, 16-bit computer xP The client only runs in 16-bit graphics!
Annndd... point proven.

If anything for gamecube can already be considered 'classic' then I fail to see the argument that "nothing past 1.0 is classic!".

goldeneye was for 64.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/11/2010, 22:25   #9

i cant remember the name but the controller was gray, rectangle shaped with curved edges had 2 buttons a direction pad and thats about it. I can remember playing mario on it was amazing back in the day.

I dont want anyone to say they played atari when it first came out, assuming the age group on this forum approximately (13-21)
Old 11/12/2010, 00:12   #10

So what is the definition of Classic to everyone?
Does "classic" == "original"?
Old 11/12/2010, 12:45   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post

by the way im hosting a conquer 1.0 crappy server atm. waiting for furious to finish our/his project. and yes i was around in the co1.0 days i started just as emerald got made.

if u got the right rates then the game can be fun.

getting full +'ed items instantly makes it boring. though some people disagree

oh and heres a link to the server im hosting :
Old 11/12/2010, 18:39   #12

I took pro's advice when I took on my project. I'm doing a "classic" server, yes, but not a 1.0 server. My server will be using the 5017 patch as a base, for the newer and in my opinion better interface, however no features from cps, 2nd rb, lotto or any of that junk and on until the present will be added. Will be 130 level cap, only one RB, no CPs, no lotto, no horses, no ninja, no bp, no nobility, no quiz show, old dis city quest(no exp ball junk) no exp *****, no db leveling, old socketing system, etc. I believe this to be considered VERY Classic, just in a new interface.

To put it into perspective, it's like giving a "classic" car a new paint job because the current paint is falling off and fading.
Old 11/12/2010, 18:54   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatOneKid View Post
I took pro's advice when I took on my project. I'm doing a "classic" server, yes, but not a 1.0 server. My server will be using the 5017 patch as a base, for the newer and in my opinion better interface, however no features from cps, 2nd rb, lotto or any of that junk and on until the present will be added. Will be 130 level cap, only one RB, no CPs, no lotto, no horses, no ninja, no bp, no nobility, no quiz show, old dis city quest(no exp ball junk) no exp *****, no db leveling, old socketing system, etc. I believe this to be considered VERY Classic, just in a new interface.

To put it into perspective, it's like giving a "classic" car a new paint job because the current paint is falling off and fading.
I have a 5003 client. Would that be better? Check my "all sources" thread for an explanation of the patch.
Old 11/16/2010, 17:59   #14

Na, Using Hybrid's source, I'm just going to pick and choose what to add.
Old 11/17/2010, 05:35   #15

Quote:
I have a 5003 client. Would that be better? Check my "all sources" thread for an explanation of the patch.
Could you link me to that 5003 client? i might look into using it.