Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Conquer scene dead? Can it be brought back?

Discussion on Conquer scene dead? Can it be brought back? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Can the conquer scene be brought back?
Yes 12 33.33%
No 12 33.33%
To a degree 12 33.33%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10/17/2010, 17:56   #31

elite*gold: 0
Okay, let me get a word in here.

While ive been banned from here the last weeks, ive been looking at the forum.
Ive seen the same persons (Look my nice dedication list) Requesting the same things and getting mad if nobody helps them (lol wtf?). Well those ***** are the reason CO2 is dying. They are the reason Epvp CO2 section is going to die, they are the reason peoples leave the forum (Like im doing also and alot others are). The good coders, programmers so what ever are also moving to new forums or leaving elitepvpers. This forum cannot be bring back in anyway.

But is not end anyway. The CO2 Section still got a chance, we can still make it alive, but I have given up on this forum, so Ill just let it die, but the solution could be.
Not releasing more ****, there is already enough whats needed, if they really want to make a server, they could use those plenty there already are and learn from it, because there is like 1000pages of releases and guides, I think thats enough. Also sources that contains alot features, should not been released and only base sources should be, because then peoples HAVE to learn to code to continue working on them.

Well won't elitepvpers loosing alot members that can't code?
They are loosing those who can code now, is that better? No its not, then instead releasing things or finished things, we should release guides how to make things and half done releases (+1 for 12tails).

Now what can Elitepvpers CO2 Section do to help now?
Get rid of the leechers and in with the peoples who want to put effort into their work.
I think the section should have something like that u are not allowed to ask for things or post problems etc. without a moderator confirms the thread is okay.
Untill it should just stay as a private thread. Also there should be a way more strict rules in this forum, because peoples just request from right to left, like they got nothing else to do.
But is too late now, the CO2 Section is gonna die and is on its last edge.

Well Im also leacing in short time, if this leeching dosn't stop.
Im tired off spoonfeeding. Im not a good coder at all, but I can at least take time to learn by my self or see how things work and not request alot.

Thats my 5cent.

Don't flame me plox.
Old 10/17/2010, 21:26   #32

@Grillmad,
We should all stop posting AT ALL! That will make the forum more active!
Hell no, its not the leechers who made CO die less-active, or dead as some of us like to call it.
Old 10/17/2010, 21:29   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basser View Post
@Grillmad,
Hell no, its not the leechers who made CO die less-active, or dead as some of us like to call it.
Nope, but they are making the good boys leave ;P
Wich will result in other things die.
Wich will end up CO2 die.
Old 10/18/2010, 07:05   #34

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
@Grillmad,
Exactly. One of the main reasons co has become dead is because everyone is tired of the same ****. Every single "server" you see out there has just about everything the same. I thought the reason for a private server of co was to make something unique. Its not leechers its just a lack of interest overall as a community.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/18/2010, 16:31   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterman01 View Post
Exactly. One of the main reasons co has become dead is because everyone is tired of the same ****. Every single "server" you see out there has just about everything the same. I thought the reason for a private server of co was to make something unique. Its not leechers its just a lack of interest overall as a community.
It has always been like that, at every private server scene, not just for conquer online, and they're not *dead*. It has nothing to do with leechers, cause we are way furthur than leechers are, besides, leechers don't do ANYTHING at all, why would it affect the community in a bad way?
Old 10/18/2010, 21:32   #36

Drama drama drama.
Here's the solution:

-Mind your own business.

-Don't act dramatic (negatively)

-If you know that a person seems very interested in trying to learn the programming language, try to help them if they ask for it (or not, your choice).

-Don't flame those who you consider "leechers" - at least their part of the community. If you can't handle it, then it is your problem. Everyone is different.

-If you know the programming language (C#) then step up and do something (working by yourself, working with a team, or keep releasing things and be open to the public) rather than QQing and showing off to those who don't know it yet.

-Stop the nonsense of getting angry because someone released something really good. The section has the title "release". Therefore the purpose of it is having the community RELEASING things, regardless of what it is (unfinished, finished, perfect or w\e). It's none of your business if someone works very hard and releases their work, it's their decision/problem NOT YOUR'S. This ties in with "Minding your own business".

So to summarize it, the solution of this is to stop flaming/qqing about sh*t. It's none of your business what goes on in the community regarding what people do (leech) and/or release (spoon feed). If you do not like what goes on, then it's simply your problem. If you are here to contribute (be part of the community) then stop the drama and stick to the purpose of the section. Nothing states that this section is to teach people to know the programming language. This section (release) is all about RELEASING content regarding Conquer Online private server development.

The real thing killing this community is the drama EX:
Quote:
Great, another crap release, now there will be half a dozen more servers out there with poor codes.
and
Quote:
Look at this leecher, he can't code and he asks to be spoon fed. Go learn to code or go kill yourself.
If your here to make sure people learn to do things for themselves (code their own sh*t in this case) then your purpose is irrelevant to what the purpose of the section is. It's not your job to do so don't act like it. You are not doing the right thing if you flame a "leecher" because they can't code (which is really the reason why people flame which is stupid). It just makes you look like a jerk and then makes the "leecher" look like a victim. But so many people in this community are in the mind of the one against the "leecher" that they don't realize this and just encourage the flamer, which is what is killing the community.

Also, tbh the community hasn't fallen apart. The thing that holds it together are the "leechers" and the "coders". We still have the two. As long as this mix is present, the community is fine. It does not fall apart if their are less coders than leechers, but because a person (coder or leecher, regardless) starts or encourages drama. It can be debated though.

Wake up, nothing is perfect but we try to make the best of it.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/18/2010, 22:29   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish* View Post
HAHAHA look whos speakin.
Point proven further.

Quote:
Elitepvpers was a great community at one time, but now peoples are only asking and asking and nothing else.
So Im leaving Elitepvpers also.
Is time to move on.

Bye Elitepvpers untill u make it better.

Anyways, Peace<3
Leave already if you've given up on the community. Drama queen.
Old 10/18/2010, 23:29   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
Impulses, Ali's, and HYBRIDS.
Like i said NO real stable sources lol those are all c# and no disrespect to them but are only stable because they aren't complete and don't have any real load to carry to stress test them. If you took any of the above 3 sources you quoted and put 100% or near 100% of everything content wise into them they will crash long before maximum load is put on them they just can't handle it. And they can say c# can handle a co server all day till there blue in the face and it just isn't true c# isn't fast enough or stable enough to handle thousands of connections and the thousands of players/mobs/npcs ect calculations they just crash.

I suppose a few 100 or so players is fine for most people so your half right i guess that's good enough for most, But i'll stick to my old school .net/Python hybrid 5201 ( updated over a 6 year time frame when bored ) that can handle thousands of simultaneous connections without even breaking a sweat :P Take any stress test program or even write your own like i did that will make connections every few seconds or so and see how many the above sources will handle before freezing up or crashing.
Until the co community can start coding co servers in a real language it will always be a huge fail in my opinion. Any real gameserver source is not in c# and is not flatfile based they use .net and mssql or mysql.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Аrco View Post
I gotta say, graphics isn't everything mate. I enjoyed conquer for the gameplay, before it became free to play, paytowin. Zelda ffs has some crappy graphics, but the gameplay is awesome. Same for super mario. etc, gameplay is what matters to some people, not graphics.
I totatally agree Arco i still play alot of the old school games as well and i don't care about the graphics your right i was just making a point that co is pretty obsolete. Infact i don't really play any mmorpgs anymore because they all pretty much bleed together it's always the same thing which is grind grind grind to level then kill eachother lol.
Old 10/18/2010, 23:37   #39

If CO made another graphic i would a7a leave it.
Old 10/18/2010, 23:47   #40

C# is definitely fast enough and stable enough to handle thousands of simultaneous connections. Don't you love it when people pull **** out of their ***?

C# is robust (like Java, it's in the design) which actually improves overall stability over a native language like C/C++.
C# is also fast enough to handle as many connections as your bandwidth can handle because it doesn't actually do the i/o. All C# does is provide a wrapper around native OS calls. The underlying API determines most of the speed as well as the 'stability.' If the Windows API can be used in a real server environment, then a wrapper around that won't make it unstable unless the wrapper itself is unstable. You can check for yourself - the FCL wrappers are stable (and robust obviously). Microsoft has tons of money going into this project for a reason, they wouldn't do it half-assed.

To say that C# is better for developing a server is up for debate, but to say that it physically can't handle a server is wrong.
Before attempting to bullshit your way into an argument please provide evidence (not anecdotal, for obvious reasons).
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/19/2010, 06:42   #41

i code good
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/19/2010, 07:16   #42

Some time ago I started developing a conquer server for Android for my Droid X.

Then, I decided I was bored. So, I started writing the server again, this time just in portable java(oh wait, that's an idiom, java is always portable!).

Anyway, using my previous knowledge of conquer as well as my now increasing knowledge of computers (computer science major, yes?), I'm thinking about it...but... as is said, is it worth it?

Most people think people move on to other games. Well, I haven't so much moved onto to other games as I have moved onto other things in life. A lot of the people that are here now are the new batch of teenagers that were kids when I was still like 13 or something. And many of the other people that work on conquer were, too.

I think it's generation related - every generation in our world is getting more lazy and expect more hand outs. Honestly, I think that is what it is.

Anyway - a third version of CoEmu may come out...someday soon. I just have to have the drive to get it done, and I'd finish it up in a week or two. Or three, maybe.

It's not all dead - it's just all, not so interesting to those of us that actually ever did anything about it?
Thanks
3 Users
Old 10/19/2010, 15:52   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tw3ak View Post
Any real gameserver source is not in c# and is not flatfile based they use .net and mssql or mysql.
Are you claiming the C# sources out here do not use .NET, Microsoft SQL/MySQL?
Oh, and I think tao pointed out everything else.
**** Microsoft must've been trolling the whole world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd123 View Post
Anyway - a third version of CoEmu may come out...someday soon. I just have to have the drive to get it done, and I'd finish it up in a week or two. Or three, maybe.
Old 10/19/2010, 17:33   #44

Quote:
Are you claiming the C# sources out here do not use .NET, Microsoft SQL/MySQL?
Oh, and I think tao pointed out everything else.
**** Microsoft must've been trolling the whole world.

I think mine use pretty much .NET since I need Net framework.
Also since I got this wierd namespace:
Code:
using System.Net;
Wonder why?
Old 10/19/2010, 17:46   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish* View Post
I think mine use pretty much .NET since I need Net framework.
Also since I got this wierd namespace:
Code:
using System.Net;
Wonder why?
System.Net is the namespace providing us with classes for most of the common protocols on networks.
I was talking about the .NET Framework.