Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Okay, I'd like to have a say-so to private servers...

Discussion on Okay, I'd like to have a say-so to private servers... within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Okay, I'd like to have a say-so to private servers...

Yes, it's a big wall of text, I know. I'm not flaming or bashing anything, but after trying out many servers, I've never found myself satisfied in them. I'm not here to complain, but I just had to say this to all private servers to help them give more to players.

Personally, I like a server where it's not hard to level, but it's not pointless to level. When exp rates are 500x-1000x, I find that really enjoyable in my opinion. What's the use of getting level 200+ when there's nothing to aim for (besides battle power and few k hp)? I once found myself stuck 4 hours in the level 4 labyrinth leveling to get level 200 with many leveling bugs along the way. I've never been so bored, seeing that they only put 1 mob of that level in 1 map, and over and over and over I did the same thing to get level 200. There are other maps that aren't filled up, and a change in monsters with different stats and levels would entertain me. I've never had that feeling where "Oh crap, it's a strong mob my level. I might die. I should get a lot of pots." Mobs are simply too weak and boring to level on due to the roids given by players from the server. PvE isn't a challenge (at your current level), making it very easy to level, resulting in boredom.

Items are a big issue that affect me. While servers like to add new, BA, and overpowered items, I find myself kinda disappointed in the servers not giving each class or every weapon a share of fairness. What I'm saying is, "Look! A level 150 blade with 65k attack! But where's a level 150 armor/necklace/headgear/shield that can withstand that? Hey, why can't all the 1h and 2h weapons levels go that high?" This gives me a sense of incompleteness in the server, and this shoves all the other classes away when the Trojan class can obtain level 150 things that Archers and Tao's can't. Constantly, I see new swords, blades, clubs, and rings throwing off the balance of the game. Dagger/scepter/axe/unique users are forced to be similar to them to become strong. When's the last you've seen a 2h PKer, or an FBing Warrior?

+ values also disappoint me. As the gap between attack and defense get even further, the HP can't live up to that and everyone gets 1 hit. +12, truly, is the limit before things get off-balanced. Sometimes, servers randomly scribble + values such as 2500 or 10,000 , not taking time to notice and calculate the attack:defense ratio...

Defense is an issue to me. I personally love playing as a warrior (especially on a 5065 server) -
- Having medium attack and high defense, the warrior can take on EVERY class and mob without the fear of being killed (or being killed as easily.) With the shield and high defensive stats, Trojans find their 43k damage frustratingly being reduced to the 10ks. Implementing STGs, the warrior can easily take on the Trojan and overpower him if skill pulls through. Higher leveled-archers cringed in fear, seeing their arrows being deflected by their big shield. Taoists struggle to overtake the Warrior when the combination of ears, armor, and shield are in place for maximum magic reduction. Meleers find themselves unable to 1 hit through the armor of a Warrior. Higher leveled mobs run when they find themselves unable to overtake the Warrior's defense and Superman skill. They are invincible war machines 2/5 of the time to physical PK when their XP shield is activated. Female warriors gain an exponential speed boost, giving them an advantage on the PKing field. And because no one cares to realize these things, Warriors (along with other classes) are simply shoved aside while Trojans reign in glory from all the unfair benefits of the server. This loses the player's ability to be different, and I like being known as that "really tough warrior to take on".

The 5095+ patches cause trouble to me, seeing how talismans do not balance out and frustrated Trojans rely on zapping weaker players. The ninja is overkill and ruins the balance of the game in PvP. The new jump disturbs the balance of Fb/Ssers and meleers. No server really takes the time to notice these things or attempt to fix them, and this will leave some players excruciatingly thinking, "Why am I still playing this server?"

3rd+ reborns? Really? How many skills will be borrowed from other classes now? Why take the time to go through it all again, even harder to level up? If each class gets more skills taken away, we'll all end up as a Trojan with Superman, Scatter, Stig, and Toxic Fog (for those ninja servers). Weee! I'm an Archer with Superman, Scatter, Stig, and Toxic Fog. Look, I'm a Water with... you know what I mean. As a player who wants to PK with a thrill, and level up intensely with strong mobs, I don't have 24/7 to get 3rd reborn... a 2nd reborn server is as good as it gets to me.

The reason most private servers are here is to get away from the bulkers and foreign invaders of CO. Well, nothing's changed. "Donators" receive immeasurable benefits from the "Owners" that players who work hard can't ever get. "Here, you can buy level 255 for $10." The fair player says, "I've worked 3 hours to get to the maximum level of 200, WTH?" Foreigners, not putting anyone down, are constantly disrespected here and there. How to solve it? Donations could get you where a player can get close to the maximum strength a player can get, (like a shortcut.) That way, "hard workers" still have a chance to get that level or past it. As for the foreign problem, it really can't be controlled if a curious Egyptian who just wants to play, finds your server. Everyone (hopefully) is a reasonable person, and I guess we'll always have that problem.

CP drops? Though it seems tempting, the servers make composing and special items too hard and overpriced, unless you happen to have 6 hours of freetime and no life to stay at home. The Shopping mall is literally a freebie mall, but I guess I could say I enjoy that...

Well, as I keep looking for servers, I hope to find a regular 5065 server, easy but not pointless leveling rates, no new items added, +12 and level 137 max, maybe a 100cp drop/1-10m money drop is fine... I just wished there were server owners who take time to think about their server's balance and players. I've posted many deep topics and suggestions for servers (in some forums of theirs, I am the AsianAssassin), but none of them have taken anything in consideration. Ehh, I will quit private servers sooner or later, but if I do quit, I want to leave this message to all servers behind from a thoughtful player. Feel free to disagree, discuss, and say anything. I also hope this is the right forum to put it in... >.<
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/08/2010, 21:43   #2

A man does not make the community, the community makes the man.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/08/2010, 21:47   #3

THANK YOU!!!

Finally someone with similar views. I appreciate this I have just bounced around private servers and none seem to be completely fun because of the imbalance in the servers.
Old 06/08/2010, 21:50   #4

I get what you mean. Ive been there, done that. That's why I started coding myself. Most servers' problem is, the staff although they say they are friendly don't really listen. I also agree that 2nd rb is more than enough (hell imo its too much).

Problems with adding new weps of course is that they tend to unbalance the game so I won't say that it shouldn't be done, but it has to have everything fit into the server seamlessly. Also, I find that most servers go for trojan upgrades mainly because (most) people like trojans. I'm sure if you talked to the admins of a server they would try to balance everything out.

Talismans I think really REALLY messed everything up. Fine its useful for lvling but overall I think talismans were just a gimmick to get people to buy more dbs. In the end everyone worked with it and got used to it.

Lastly I don't wanna advertise here but you should come try mine out (I hope its allowed to say this :S). I'm currently in the process of changing host server and has quite a few bugs (I lied, a lot of bugs) in the server itself but I'm trying to balance everything out. And any new suggestions are welcomed.
Old 06/08/2010, 21:50   #5

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
You're obviously lookig in the wrong place then...

You're playing mostly binary (6065) setrvers and expecting unique/custom features. It simply doesn't work like that.

There are FEW servers worth playing depending on what you want and even less that pay any attention to balance or economy. Most who played my last server agree that i did it fairly well but even then it was a test project, not a fully fledged server. Qonquer is fairly good but it's quite hard to get good on it. Acid was great but is shut down.. other than those you are mostly gonna get buggy servers with little/no point in playing them.

Not to self advertise but it sounds like you and me have similar oppinions. If/when the next version of hellmouth comes out you may wanna give it a shot.. or help contribute to our existing suggestions to make it better.

Maybe some other ppl can suggest current servers but almost all of them fovus on getting 130 full sock fast... then they need to add new, higher end stuff to lead something to do. I say make lower levels/gears worth playing.
Old 06/08/2010, 21:51   #6

@at feeko 12
YES!!! Finally who thinks alike! I actually think TQ did a super job at balance during the the 5065 patch, and if a private server changed the money, level, and cp rate up a little... whew, what a server! xD

@dragon89928
You absolutely right in everything you say. I'll try your server sometime! My 768 kbps internet has had enough the last few tries at a server xD

@pro4never
I was bouncing on your forums on Hellmouth for awhile and absolutely loved the ideas and affort implemented. Though school made me too busy to try it out, it amazes me how much you've put into testing a really thoughtful server. When the next version comes, I'm expecting a lot from it!
Old 06/08/2010, 22:03   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by imafairplayer View Post
@at feeko 12
YES!!! Finally who thinks alike! I actually think TQ did a super job at balance during the the 5065 patch, and if a private server changed the money, level, and cp rate up a little... whew, what a server! xD

@dragon89928
You absolutely right in everything you say. I'll try your server sometime! My 768 kbps internet has had enough the last few tries at a server xD

@pro4never
I was bouncing on your forums on Hellmouth for awhile and absolutely loved the ideas and affort implemented. Though school made me too busy to try it out, it amazes me how much you've put into testing a really thoughtful server. When the next version comes, I'm expecting a lot from it!
Well i'm back into coding somme so it seems likely hellmouth will come back in some way. Add my msn some time, i'd love to get some more input on the new ideas.