Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:58

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Elite-CoEmu Open Source Project

Discussion on Elite-CoEmu Open Source Project within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 04/22/2010, 10:31   #16

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdzhahonjin View Post

Thanks for your explanation. I always thought CoEmu source is the good one. lul I am sounding so noobish here. OMG.
Yes Coemu is the best public source that has a significant amount of features already done. (although I might have to say cofuture for 1.0 is better.. I'm talking about the 'main ones')

Hybrids 5017 source is far better than coemu but it has nothing coded in it so unless you really know what you are doing then it's not for you.

If this project gets off the ground it will be the best public source with features as the other ones are massively flawed.
Old 04/23/2010, 06:02   #17

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Yes Coemu is the best public source that has a significant amount of features already done. (although I might have to say cofuture for 1.0 is better.. I'm talking about the 'main ones')

Hybrids 5017 source is far better than coemu but it has nothing coded in it so unless you really know what you are doing then it's not for you.

If this project gets off the ground it will be the best public source with features as the other ones are massively flawed.
Gotcha.
Old 04/26/2010, 17:25   #18

I need Coders to help me out on this project!! So if you can code and are interested in joining the Project Let me know.

I am accepting applications to join the Devopment Team.
Need to have basic knowledge of Coding in C#

Quote:
(is this the one where you redid the threading and socket system? If so it's a infinite improvement over normal coemu)
Yes i have redone the threading system by added and use ThreadPoolinging and also i have added a PacketProcessor so if something does throw an error it doesnt freeze the whole server just the packet being processed.

Which in turn added 150% more stability over the normal one. Also by adding ThreadPooling it increaded the Servers Performance and stability by atleast 200% from the original version.

And about the socket System I am still using the Original One but i modified it abit i really only noticed a few flaws which i fixed and it has improved aswell in stability.
Old 04/26/2010, 22:12   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_dubble_uu View Post
I need Coders to help me out on this project!! So if you can code and are interested in joining the Project Let me know.

I am accepting applications to join the Devopment Team.
Need to have basic knowledge of Coding in C#

Yes i have redone the threading system by added and use ThreadPoolinging and also i have added a PacketProcessor so if something does throw an error it doesnt freeze the whole server just the packet being processed.

Which in turn added 150% more stability over the normal one. Also by adding ThreadPooling it increaded the Servers Performance and stability by atleast 200% from the original version.

And about the socket System I am still using the Original One but i modified it abit i really only noticed a few flaws which i fixed and it has improved aswell in stability.
Right here. lol
Old 04/27/2010, 15:51   #20

Ok along with the 5095 Source im redevloping im also goin to add a 5017 project to the list and this source will be based off hybrids socket system and build from there up.

So if you are interested in this project let me know because i dont know alot about the 5017 game play and can always use extra hands!
Old 04/27/2010, 16:44   #21

gl with your project

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_dubble_uu
MultiThreaded For Superior Stabality
it increases performance not stability, multi threading will decrease stability when not done correctly.
Old 04/27/2010, 16:56   #22

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
gl with your project

it increases performance not stability, multi threading will decrease stability when not done correctly.
And stability, if one thread fails you can always start it again from anouther thread, if you only have one thread and it fails, then youve got no chance.
Old 04/27/2010, 16:58   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
gl with your project

If you know how to multi thread, you won't make it unstable.
Besides, as Korvacs clearly explained, it will make your server more stable.
Old 04/27/2010, 23:51   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitis X View Post
If you know how to multi thread, you won't make it unstable.
Besides, as Korvacs clearly explained, it will make your server more stable.
not necessarily, it all depends on your thread model. Theres pros and cons. Having something like a thread per player threadmodel is great for when 1 thread dies, it will only kill that player, however that would be a bad design overall though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs
if one thread fails you can always start it again from anouther thread
not every thread model will be able to use another thread to restore the previous state and fix everything up.

You could have a single thread design, with a backup thread doing nothing and waiting around for that thread to die, to continue it's work (similar to what you mentioned) however it's hardly classed as a multi-threaded server.

overall threads should not be failing and if they did, you learn from it and fix it, i personally would not waste my time letting other threads try and take over, fix and restore it all back to normal when a thread fails (as this sort of thing is not supposed to happen anyway), unless the thread model was specifically designed for a threadpool to manage tasks (then if a thread fails for whatever reason, simply dispatch a new one and report the error)

without the errors, multithreading is for performance (taking better advantage of todays hardware to increase the load your server can take without a bottleneck), barely for stability.

whilst we are on the subject of parallelism, how does thread model to your server Korvacs work? out of curiosity.
Old 04/28/2010, 09:49   #25

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
I agree, threads should not be failing, i was just showing an example of where multi-threading could be used to make a server more stable, that doesnt mean that i agree with that example

I have a thread for pretty much any task which is repeated over and over, so for example removing items from the world, a thread deals with this, when an item is dropped its dumped into a list and the thread does the rest. I have a thread to deal with my sockets, and the threadpool for all of my packets and the functions they perform.

The entry thread defaults to a console command parser, but only because its convenient, i dont really see a need to create a new thread for this.