Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development]Public Source!

Discussion on [Development]Public Source! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Which Version would you prefer most?
5165 11 36.67%
4351 15 50.00%
Neither 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/21/2010, 00:00   #31

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
or if helping me get into college means anything to you since I'm showing my server at my next interview x_x"
I doubt they look on what features you got on your server as they probably never heard of the game, logging in, movement, talk to NPC's and attack monsters would be the main thing.
Old 04/21/2010, 02:16   #32

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
So you're using someone else's work to get you a job?
Well it's not about the coding that they're looking at. They're looking at my ideas that I'm putting in it that the original game doesn't have. The interactions would be just to level with the game. I don't have to have it but it would be nice to have them since they symbolize some greater theme in my server.
Old 04/21/2010, 14:48   #33

Quote:
Well it's not about the coding that they're looking at. They're looking at my ideas that I'm putting in it that the original game doesn't have. The interactions would be just to level with the game. I don't have to have it but it would be nice to have them since they symbolize some greater theme in my server.
I know it`s pretty off topic, but if you need to show off your creativity, you`d better create your own game. If you want to go the C# route, go for XNA, a simple 2D game can be achieved very quickly with it.
Old 04/21/2010, 15:37   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDeRnEcRo View Post
I know it`s pretty off topic, but if you need to show off your creativity, you`d better create your own game. If you want to go the C# route, go for XNA, a simple 2D game can be achieved very quickly with it.
Well that's the thing, I have things like that to show them- but I'm not going into Game Design. I'm going into Video Production. All they need to see is that there's a technical side to me and a creative side to me. I'm showing my technical side by being able to debug the source and my creative side by creating the events that people interact with. Anyways, it's nothing that great. I'm not relying on it to get me into college. It's just a little "oh btw- I haven't stopped working, this is a current project that i'm working on" so that they don't think that I stopped.

Anyways, I'm just exploring my interests and coding is one of them actually which i didn't expect. As far as this server goes, the only reason why I'm asking for the 5165 source isn't for a college- my interview is tomorrow so that's not going to work (plus it doesn't have my server's events and themes). I'm just asking him to consider it because after the interview, I'm not going to stop trying to make a server for my friends. I want to keep going. Sorry if there was misunderstanding. I'm not using anyone's work to my advantage- i'm only showing that I can debug it and turn a game's economy around into my own.
Old 04/21/2010, 18:37   #35

elite*gold: 20
I vote wrong,, i clicked 5165 but i want 4351
Old 04/21/2010, 21:38   #36

Well the way it is looking now , the release will be 4358. Soon as i get home guys ill be working on it. At work now, bran storming idea's and jotting things down. Expect a release soon. Ill post updates once i get home in a little bit.
Old 04/22/2010, 02:57   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
Well the way it is looking now , the release will be 4358. Soon as i get home guys ill be working on it. At work now, bran storming idea's and jotting things down. Expect a release soon. Ill post updates once i get home in a little bit.
Oh no no no no! lol
I wasn't saying to stop what you're doing and release a 5165 source. I don't want to bother you at all. I was just hoping that maybe you could help me in upgrading it or, if you have time, to release it as a 5165. Sorry if I sounded pushy or anything.
Old 04/23/2010, 04:09   #38

Updated main post of big update! Release date pushed back 3 days. I'm ready to release the source there is still a lot of things that i want to include in the first release of the source. Check update #3 for a big list of details.
Old 04/23/2010, 05:33   #39

I prefer IronPython over LUA (the .NET wrapper for it).

Just my opinion.
Old 04/25/2010, 06:25   #40

Hey ImFlamedCOD, how's the project going? I rocked at the interview... but I said no to admission. The place is too unprofessional. So what did you decide for your NPC Dialog language?
Old 04/25/2010, 13:09   #41

I wouldnt use mysql, hybrid provided a nice ini system.
Old 04/25/2010, 16:45   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Not everyone likes a flat-file based database.
Old 04/25/2010, 17:22   #43

Well... MySQL databases are usually used in classic servers that are not changing in major ways. Ini databases like the one Hybrid created are usually for classic servers too with room for expansion. The Flat-file database like the one in the 5165 source is really only for quick expansion like replacing the monster.dat and so on. I personally think that a database using MySQL would be appropriate for this server.
Old 04/27/2010, 03:39   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yuki~ View Post
Nice signature. You made me s*** bricks. Would you like me too uncover the enormous amount of mistakes you've made on this forum? I don't think e*pvp supports posts that long.

Quote:
Well... MySQL databases are usually used in classic servers that are not changing in major ways. Ini databases like the one Hybrid created are usually for classic servers too with room for expansion. The Flat-file database like the one in the 5165 source is really only for quick expansion like replacing the monster.dat and so on. I personally think that a database using MySQL would be appropriate for this server.
I'd have to agree. Both flat and MySql databases are great both outweighing the each other in some aspects. But from personal experience I'd have to say MySql pretty much takes the cake. It's fast powerful and secure & as my friend stated above appropriate for this server.
Thanks
1 User
Old 04/27/2010, 06:38   #45

Off Topic:
Look at my quote in my sig, and that is a person who we call one of our mods? Everyone makes mistakes yes. So instead of bickering at each other about it be more like me "who gives"? Cause i sure know i don't care that you both made mistakes lol? I know i'm just busting on you guys but really no one cares that you made mistakes.

On Topic: The project was shut down. I feel that no enough people as i thought would be interested so tomorrow while i'm off work i'm going to transfer this topic into a Universal project help topic. More details will be explained later.