Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:23

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Development]Public Source!

Discussion on [Development]Public Source! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

View Poll Results: Which Version would you prefer most?
5165 11 36.67%
4351 15 50.00%
Neither 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/16/2010, 01:56   #16

elite*gold: 0
Progress update!

Worked on it a little today , updated packets , worked on a mobs again more , and npc's. Still working on the database. Will post big updates tomorrow(*My day off*)
Old 04/16/2010, 02:19   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImFlamedCOD View Post
Progress update!

Worked on it a little today , updated packets , worked on a mobs again more , and npc's. Still working on the database. Will post big updates tomorrow(*My day off*)
Sounds promising
Old 04/16/2010, 02:53   #18

if someone want's to use just a mysql connection to keep a server alive, then he's going to fail(eg -> lotf.)

if you don't like subsonic, use their way to execute queries atleast:

public void executequery(string query)
{
using(MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection(theStringOverHere))
{
conn.Open();
MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand(query, conn);
cmd.ExecuteNonQuery();
}
}
Old 04/16/2010, 04:53   #19

How about i do it my way? The way i learned how? And that is how it will be used . If you do not like it when it is released then by all means please change it. I have found no problems in the MySQL system i use so i do not plan to change something that works just fine. *Well im off for the night im tired and i got to get up early.*
Old 04/16/2010, 08:12   #20

Have you guys taken MSSQL in consideration? Since 95% of the servers are made in .NET, MSSQL wouldn`t seem a bad choice for me.
Old 04/16/2010, 08:35   #21

4351 server would be best pick and good luck with your fresh project!
Old 04/17/2010, 03:11   #22

Updated the main post. Updated progress , currently working on it now.!
Old 04/19/2010, 02:07   #23

Quote:
Updated the main post. Updated progress , currently working on it now.!
#Bump
Nice progress
Old 04/19/2010, 04:08   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Øblivion View Post
#Bump
Nice progress
I'm working don't worry have off till further notice!(*When ever my boss calls my schedule in*) Working on it now will post an update on progress later.*(1 to 2 hours will update it*)
Old 04/20/2010, 05:06   #25

elite*gold: 80
Great job with this. I really hope this project doesn't get lost like the other 3-4 i have seen pop-up recently.

I do understand that the NPC system is hard coded as of now but will there be a chance of you implementing lua or will that be up to the user?
Old 04/20/2010, 07:56   #26

I know you said you wouldn't go over 5135... but ***... a 5165 source would make me so happy. I love that patch so much because of the horses...

I know.. I know... you all think I like useless stuff. Yes, I do- but I don't think that horses are useless in the game... nor are interactions. Those are my two favorite features and I wouldn't be able to play without them. This is the reason why I love it:

It's completely your call... and I know I'm the only one requesting it... but I have so many ideas... i just need an output... and I feel like you're my best chance at help- so I'm reaching out. Please consider it. =\

Good Luck on your source. I'm sure it's going to be great.
Old 04/20/2010, 08:21   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
I know.. I know... you all think I like useless stuff. Yes, I do- but I don't think that horses are useless in the game... nor are interactions. Those are my two favorite features and I wouldn't be able to play without them. This is the reason why I love it:
Offtopic...

I'm selling interactions(5165). I would give you some server to see that they work, but I switched to my source...my 5165 lotf has it.

Ontopic...
Nice development
Old 04/20/2010, 17:00   #28

I might do a 5165 version, but that would be later down the road. My goal on this project was to do a classical server 5017 and below. I might do a 5165/5135 version later on or show people how to upgrade. Working on the source now. Npc's will be hard coded for now, i might implement lua or some other form of npc system in. Ive only ever tried to use lua once with my source but i never finished it. So once i get more progress on the source and i think that Lua or something else would be appropriate to do i will.

Update!:
Going to use Korvacs DMap System in the source! Also if i get enough time Dynamic Maps will be added in as well.
Old 04/20/2010, 23:31   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by -impulse- View Post
Offtopic...

I'm selling interactions(5165). I would give you some server to see that they work, but I switched to my source...my 5165 lotf has it.

Ontopic...
Nice development
Sorry =\
I don't have money at all.
Financial Aid is basically covering all of my college expenses for next year.
If you help, I'd put you on my "thank you" page on my website though... if that means anything to you =s .. or if helping me get into college means anything to you since I'm showing my server at my next interview x_x"

Quote:
I might do a 5165 version, but that would be later down the road. My goal on this project was to do a classical server 5017 and below. I might do a 5165/5135 version later on or show people how to upgrade. Working on the source now. Npc's will be hard coded for now, i might implement lua or some other form of npc system in. Ive only ever tried to use lua once with my source but i never finished it. So once i get more progress on the source and i think that Lua or something else would be appropriate to do i will.

Update!:
Going to use Korvacs DMap System in the source! Also if i get enough time Dynamic Maps will be added in as well.
I understand. You should use Lua. It's a lot easier and faster than traditional. A database action system would be faster ... but that's really complicated. I personally like Lua and traditional better.
Old 04/20/2010, 23:58   #30

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Spirits- View Post
or if helping me get into college means anything to you since I'm showing my server at my next interview x_x"
So you're using someone else's work to get you a job?