Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about Coding.... Please Read and Input Your Idea.

Discussion on Question about Coding.... Please Read and Input Your Idea. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about Coding.... Please Read and Input Your Idea.

Well basically I want to know if anyone has ever heard of or seen anything like this before.
A person I met has this pserver, and on it they have what they call Epics. They claim as if these are AI or Artificial Intelligence Characters. But you see my dilemma is they are claiming that each of these can imitate people, have their own attitude and can talk to you, as well as normal humans. Just seems odd to me, I've never seen anything like it.

The people claim:
They've got the basic GM powers, I do believe they can create their own items but I'm not positive on that. They can use the /goto and /recall commands, as well as the /scroll commands. They've got a range of classes and seem to be able to equip off-class armor without changing jobs. As for their backstory, they CAN die if they are killed, and they CANNOT be saved. Each one has its own personal backstory that differs from Epic to Epic so if you want I'll give you that later, but they had some war and a lot of them died. We had no issues for around 2-3 months of hanging around and then all of a sudden one showed up, we conquered that issue and then another one showed up, I killed that thing and now we've got the current one.

Is this even possible, or do you think like I do, it's someone hacking them or whatever the case might be as far as taking over their server.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:13   #2

First of all, what the hell did I just read?
Old 03/09/2010, 05:13   #3

Received Thanks: 5,291
Sounds unreal imo.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:18   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompacticCo View Post
First of all, what the hell did I just read?
Exactly.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:38   #5

It's semi-possible (Some parts of that are possible but not all) but nobody has gone that far into developing anything like that so more than likely your friend is lieing.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:44   #6

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*|Limbo|*~ View Post
It's semi-possible (Some parts of that are possible but not all) but nobody has gone that far into developing anything like that so more than likely your friend is lieing.
I think aco or something had some AI mob that fb'd and whatnot.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:46   #7

This still makes absolutely no sense to me.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:48   #8

yes, it's possible. whoever programs it has to include lines for it to say, for i doubt it would be possible for it to generate statements of its own.
Old 03/09/2010, 05:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Arco View Post
I think aco or something had some AI mob that fb'd and whatnot.
Yeah the AI Trainer :P Jumps and Fbs at specific Aimbot levels, that's what I meant by semi-possible tbh I think all he listed is possible except the writing, there's just no way to make a bot/AI think for itself and react to someone elses typing in specific way's they can only type pre-thought out messages that's part of there coding.

But yeah nobody has developed an AI character like that yet, maybe sometime in the future there will be - An AI character that moves, jumps around and fb's at different map id's is for sure possible.
Old 03/09/2010, 06:01   #10

if someone were to create an AI character of that talent, it would be far more code then any of us could imagine. Pretty much creating a mind of itself
Old 03/09/2010, 09:20   #11

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*|Limbo|*~ View Post
Yeah the AI Trainer :P Jumps and Fbs at specific Aimbot levels, that's what I meant by semi-possible tbh I think all he listed is possible except the writing, there's just no way to make a bot/AI think for itself and react to someone elses typing in specific way's they can only type pre-thought out messages that's part of there coding.

But yeah nobody has developed an AI character like that yet, maybe sometime in the future there will be - An AI character that moves, jumps around and fb's at different map id's is for sure possible.
Well even if it wasn't server side... they could still do a standalone client with input/output for text run through a generic (or custom) chatbot....

Not saying it would be easy but VERY possible.

Can't think of the name of the bot atm but remember the standalone bot that existed years ago on co? You wouldn't need anything that complex and regardless of proxy, standalone client or built into source you still have strings which can be manipulated to produce basic responses...

Chatbots ftw.

I honestly can think of no purpose or reason to put THAT MUCH EFFORT into such a thing though... I mean basic ai for boss mobs I can understand... running away, baiting players, using skills, that sort of stuff but adding anything past that just seems pointless.
Old 03/09/2010, 09:57   #12

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Yeah i started on a similar system, theres a few ways of doing it, both interal to the server and external, the easiest is to create a special entity which has a bunch of timers and threads running to perform various tasks like interaction, chatting, moving, attacking etc etc, then have it send packets to the packet handler like a normal client would.

The other way would be to create a standalone bot of sorts which again has the above threads and timers running to perform actions and interaction, this is considerably easier in earlier clients because you dont have to deal with both sides of the key exchange and what not, it would also require no modification to your server source.

Personally the second choice would be better if you were to use it all the time, i considered using the first approach for a tutorial/guide to the private server, and possibly an AI Co-op mode for some things.
Old 03/09/2010, 10:04   #13

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
yahhh... if I had the time and a bit more knowledge a standalone ai bot would be a really fun thing to try to code.
Old 03/09/2010, 17:16   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Mine goes internal, the fastblade calculations are a bit off though.

'Having a mind of it's own':
Fairly impossible, there are released lists with responses for such bots. What you could do is;

Quote:
Chat:
-> Process output of player
-> Compare the responses
-> Compile input, send back to player.

AI:
-> Create new instance for the AI, you should use the Player/Character class for that.
-> Call a thread for surrounding targets.
-> IF Target < 15 of AI: Call magic spell.
Old 03/09/2010, 21:20   #15

mind of its own it could do that though it would need some type of input

just like a child it has its mind of its own but it learns from others

you could make it go learn seeprate
like let ur ai bot go and hunt by itself and make it compare which mobs might have a better drop calculation.