Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 22:43

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[DEV] CoEmu v5156 flatfile based.

Discussion on [DEV] CoEmu v5156 flatfile based. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old 01/22/2010, 21:42   #16

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Honestly mate its entirely upto you, if you put the effort in then you are the only one who has a say in the matter, yeah people might leach it and post it elsewhere, but really isnt the whole point of releasing something so that its available to the public, so ultimately the more its leached the more popular it is, and therefore the more succesful it is.
Old 01/22/2010, 21:45   #17

I don't understand why you would recode CoEmu to be quite honest, that was awful too.

If I downloaded & updated Hybrid's basic source to, whatever version, would people download and use it?

Question above is rhetorical;

Of course they wouldn't, just goes to show, the so called Conquer 'community' would rather use unstable & buggy sources with an average amount of features, than well coded, stable and bug-free sources with less features.

Yes, I know I use comma's a lot.
Old 01/22/2010, 21:54   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
I don't understand what why you'd recode CoEmu to be quite honest, that was awful too.

If I downloaded & updated Hybrid's basic source to, whatever version, would people download and use it?
Most would not.
Old 01/22/2010, 22:23   #19

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
I don't understand why you would recode CoEmu to be quite honest, that was awful too.
Just for the challenge nothing more, and ofcourse getting some people rid of that crappy source.
Old 01/22/2010, 22:51   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmuneOne View Post
Just for the challenge nothing more, and ofcourse getting some people rid of that crappy source.
Write your own, learn and understand how the various sources work and write your own, you will be able to learn greatly from something you write yourself.
Old 01/22/2010, 23:01   #21

Wait...why would you make CoEmu use INIs? D:
Old 01/22/2010, 23:07   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
Write your own, learn and understand how the various sources work and write your own, you will be able to learn greatly from something you write yourself.
You should wright a book i love your wisdom XD
Old 01/22/2010, 23:28   #23

Quote:
What are you on about? You're speaking as I do not have done and have my own base? The only reason why I'm editting conqueremu because I have nothing to do at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterX View Post
Wait...why would you make CoEmu use INIs? D:
Mysql server will not work and I'm too lazy to re-install it.
Old 01/22/2010, 23:44   #24

Quote:
Honestly mate its entirely upto you, if you put the effort in then you are the only one who has a say in the matter, yeah people might leach it and post it elsewhere, but really isnt the whole point of releasing something so that its available to the public, so ultimately the more its leached the more popular it is, and therefore the more succesful it is.
Honestly ImmuneOne is VERY capable of coding his own source
Old 01/23/2010, 01:35   #25

Quote:
What are you on about? You're speaking as I do not have done and have my own base? The only reason why I'm editting conqueremu because I have nothing to do at the moment.

Mysql server will not work and I'm too lazy to re-install it.
Then why would you want to release a 5156 ersion of coemu? The source is a mess =x

@hunterman01:

I dont remember ever saying that he wasnt capable, i dont remember even thinking that he wasnt capable, why did ya say that?
Old 01/23/2010, 02:03   #26

well if u wanna get technical your right u never SAID anything ( i cant say what u were thinking) but thats what it came across as to me
Old 01/23/2010, 11:26   #27

Quote:
Then why would you want to release a 5156 ersion of coemu? The source is a mess =x
I don't see why not?

Update: Screen included
Old 01/23/2010, 14:30   #28

Quote:
I don't see why not?

Update: Screen included
Well like i said in my first post, its entirely upto you, no amount of other peoples suggestions should come into it, its something your working on not them, so ultimately its upto you.

But frankly if you have the ability (which you do), then writing your own would be far better for yourself and others if you choose to release it, coemu is massively ineffcient, and has some horrible naming which makes the code even more difficult to read.
Old 01/24/2010, 06:14   #29

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vultix View Post
If you wanna release it, it is totally up to you.
Me myself wouldn't release something because other people would take credit for it.
They would perhaps rename some of the files within the folders of which you released and take credit for your work.
My opinion is you shouldn't release it.
Anyways, not that much people work with coemu anymore because 5165 source was released, coemu is old just like source 5017, they are dusty and old, lol.
See ya later yashi!
Agreed,
people*Points finger at quotee above.* like to take other people's work and take credit for it.
But even if it is released how is anyone that isn't even a decent coder take credit for it.
Old 01/24/2010, 07:43   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitis C View Post
Agreed,
people*Points finger at quotee above.* like to take other people's work and take credit for it.
You mean how your signature is almost identical to a1blaster's sig but yet there is no credit?

sig stealer =<
Closed Thread