Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Reading IP 5165

Discussion on Reading IP 5165 within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 5,291
Reading IP 5165

Well I'm trying to make my ip be read via in source instead of config.ini.
Like example
GameServerIP = MyIP.

Can anyone tell me where in the source it reads config.ini?
Old 01/10/2010, 20:35   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepatitis C View Post
Well I'm trying to make my ip be read via in source instead of config.ini.
Like example
GameServerIP = MyIP.

Can anyone tell me where in the source it reads config.ini?
In the source trying searching for
"C:\OldCODB\Config.ini"
Or just Config.ini
Old 01/10/2010, 20:35   #3

Received Thanks: 5,291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cømbat View Post
In the source trying searching for
"C:\OldCODB\Config.ini"
Or just Config.ini
Lol don't you think I've tried the basic stuff like that?
I just can't find where the server connects if the GameServerIP is right.
Old 01/10/2010, 21:43   #4

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
If I were you I would find somewhere that the game server ip is referenced and then simply do "find definition" which should show where it was originally set (which would be coming from the .ini file) You could then change that to an ip of your choice without causing any problems as far as I know.
Old 01/10/2010, 22:05   #5

elite*gold: 20
Program.cs,
Code:
IniFile I = new IniFile(@"C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Stuffs\Co 'n Stuff\Patch 5165 source\bin\Release\OldCODB\Config.ini");
is where it loads the ini file.
Code:
NewestCOServer.Main.AuthWorker.StartServer(I.ReadString("Database", "GameServerIP"));
Is where it gets the IP.