Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 16:50

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Pvp server

Discussion on Pvp server within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Pvp server

Hi, I'm new in this forum.
I am searching for a pvp server, not leveling server.
Thanks.
Old 01/07/2017, 19:45   #2

Mild generation
Old 01/07/2017, 20:04   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaistheboss View Post
Mild generation
I've searched in the forum and google and couldn't find a website about this server. Can you give me its link?
Old 01/07/2017, 21:04   #4

As far as I know, non exist at this moment. At least no decent.
Old 01/07/2017, 22:35   #5

elite*gold: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danirian View Post
Hi, I'm new in this forum.
I am searching for a pvp server, not leveling server.
Thanks.
I don't think there's a fully PVP server out there at the moment.
There are a couple servers in which you can find plenty of hit based events/dueling systems (FastBlade/ScentSword), skill based events (damage calculated according to the skill you use and not your gears) meaning you can have some fun without actually spending time grinding for items.

If you don't mind or find it too evasive I'll take the opportunity and invite you to take a look at Shannara's advertising thread:

Then again, it's not a pvp server but I believe this kind of stuff that a couple servers provide is the best solution if you're looking to play a bit without having to build a character.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/07/2017, 22:47   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
I'll ***** myself out at the same time then

Classic style

More modern style

Most servers these days offer hit based or non gear reliant events for people who want the feel of a PVP server. The reason PVP servers don't exist is simple. There's no way to keep players interested in the game long enough for it to be a success. Even if you have dozens of events, people will get bored and quit faster than you can attract new players and they are notoriously hard to monetize fairly meaning there's no incentive for the developer to remain active.

In regards to my own servers -

classic offers a bunch of hit based duel options (standard, hitting refunds stamina, unlimited stamina) and over a dozen hit based pvp events.

Modern offers a different option. It still has the hit based events but it also has 'skill' tournaments where all classes and all skills work the same as always but your gear is all equalized and capped at a certain point. These might not be what you are interested in as you'd still need to level up and reborn (few hours/days of work total) but then opens up more than the traditional fb/ss dueling gameplay that the traditional events do.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 01/07/2017, 22:52   #7

Thank you all for your replies. @ is it because people get bored or the admin is unable to maintain it financially due to no items or things to be purchased? In my opinion the second reason makes sense to me.
Old 01/08/2017, 02:39   #8

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danirian View Post
Thank you all for your replies. @ is it because people get bored or the admin is unable to maintain it financially due to no items or things to be purchased? In my opinion the second reason makes sense to me.
Both.

PVP servers are only fun to play if there's a large population of players. If there's no reason for a player to keep playing for months and months then you will soon have your population lose interest making it harder to attract new players. This is a loop which results in the server dying quite quickly.

PVP servers are hard to monitize because anything you sell can be viewed as useless or else it's viewed as selling strength. Either way is harder to make money than doing a leveling server where you can sell convenience and style and other similar features that people desperately want month to month.

PVP servers have a limited number of types of content you can develop... no one cares about some gimmick quest you wrote because no one wants to deal with monsters, it's pvp. There's only so many FBSS events or other tournaments you can write before you burn yourself and your players out and have nothing new to add. Given PVP servers need events to run more often, players get bored of the events that much faster meaning that much more work for developers... it's a losing battle.

TL-DR PVP servers are a bad idea for developers. Yes some players like them but it's the typical player wanting something that they will get bored of fast and never pay for.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 01/08/2017, 12:00   #9

Great answer, thanks again