Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:16

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server.

Discussion on Community interest in a seriously hardcore 1.0 server. within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 11/09/2016, 08:34   #16

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Ans what makes you think OP is stupid enough to take a host of some random unknown??
Also, he's opened the same EO server 5 times now over the course of 7 years. Not to add fuel to the fire, but I wouldn't.
Old 11/10/2016, 16:13   #17

elite*gold: 0
You have ***** and need a better class on english, I'm far from unknown.

Beecause regular idiots don't understand why a database gets whipped? It opened 2 times and stayed alive and active for over 5 years thank you.
Old 11/10/2016, 16:39   #18

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieldada View Post
You have ***** and need a better class on english, I'm far from unknown.

Beecause regular idiots don't understand why a database gets whipped? It opened 2 times and stayed alive and active for over 5 years thank you.
That being said, letting someone else host your work is always a monumentally stupid move. The months/years spent building the source, an audience and monetizing it would never be worth risking over the sake of a tiny amount of server hosting fees.

Never, ever give others access to your host or let others host for you. It's just a poor decision to do.
Old 11/10/2016, 19:39   #19

Then fire up a section for secure hosting and private etc networking here on epvp boss, because thats so irritating.

Also, hosting fees are by farr higher than your discussion says. the goal was to discuss building a new source i think, or building an existing one. Otherwise idk i have a network and im leaving it at that, message me or something
Old 11/10/2016, 20:24   #20

Quote:
Then fire up a section for secure hosting and private etc networking here on epvp boss, because thats so irritating.

Also, hosting fees are by farr higher than your discussion says. the goal was to discuss building a new source i think, or building an existing one. Otherwise idk i have a network and im leaving it at that, message me or something
Servers cost between 20-100 USD/mo depending on needs which is nothing. You either over estimate how many resources a CO server takes or you're implying that server owners cant afford that (and if they cant they have no business running a server).

I wasn't flaming you I simply said there's no reason for anyone to EVER have someone else host their project. It's begging to lose your work and earnings.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 11/10/2016, 20:26   #21

Quote:
I have an open host and will do it for free. We should get in touch, i have many friends in old school conquer aswell.
Already have a host setup - thanks?

This is private source hand crafted by Ultimation; managed by myself so our structure, host, and source are all spoken for.

I appreciate your interest but providing us with a host isn't something of value to us - the source runs on linux; so hosting fees are greatly reduced.=P

I doubt your host is part of the InterNAP as well which we like to have.

Not to mention basically verbatim what Pro4Never said - for the security of Ultimation's work of course we gonna keep things under lock and key so to speak.

It's a bit early in our release plan to be drumming up a following with your friends but I'd be more than happy to PM you some links to our facebook, website ETC so you can follow along better than this 'not an advert; who wants it' post.

I dunno if you're just unpopular here or what buddy but thanks for your reply and - thanks also to the P4ns and the Turks and those interested in protecting our work for the moral basis of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Emme_ View Post
Ulti, do you have an estimated time frame for this? I'm more than happy to throw some money at this project to invest in dedicated server(s), social media marketing and more. Let me know!
Late December to Early January is our current projection.

Um - I'm not sure what you are expecting on the rest here - you're welcome to PM me and explain in depth how you wish to be involved?

Ultimation isn't necessarily following this, he's tied up right now - um I mean hes busy - yeah hes busy. Yeah. Busy. =P
Old 11/10/2016, 22:09   #22

I have not seen a server with 200 average online run on less than 2GB RAM or a 3GH/z core clock for 100 USD a month. I'm not sure why these two had an immediate negative response, but i refuse to use my own **** work which is why im chatting because i lost all of my systems 4 years ago and have new ones but have no clue where the development community left off or i might just start my own server seeing as the sources to build are rather secure. I'm in preference to the old school servers though and before BP sounds like a great idea. I might develop a more in depth monster and fighting system for this source. What are your thoughts on a more calculable secure exp/character/fighting/skill system? even if thats all the source can handle.
Old 11/10/2016, 23:26   #23

Quote:
I have not seen a server with 200 average online run on less than 2GB RAM or a 3GH/z core clock for 100 USD a month.
Sounds to me like you're using binaries or some horribly written system.

I've run 300 online with around 500 MB ram (mostly un-compressed maps), 1-2 mb network traffic and about 6-10% cpu usage on a relatively modest 50$/mo VPS.

That's without trying to do any cost saving, while still running windows vs more affordable linux hosting and without any major focus on server efficiency.

Keep in mind that even for like 30-40/month these days you get a quad core 4-6 GB ram, gigabit connection server. Servers cost nothing.

Anyways, as we've all stated this is a 'non point' as they already have a host. My argument was simply towards those willing to put months or even years of work into the hands of someone else, no matter how much you trust them, it's never worth the risk.
Old 11/10/2016, 23:40   #24

Do you have any other sources as i see you have two open development sources from Patches 4400 and under?
Old 11/10/2016, 23:59   #25

Quote:
Do you have any other sources as i see you have two open development sources from Patches 4400 and under?
I've never worked on a source below 5017 no. I do not release any of my work publicly, that would be stupid of me to do.
Old 11/11/2016, 00:13   #26

As a conquer veteran it does sound like a drag at first to grind for months for gears but then again L2H was the server that I enjoyed the most out of all the p-servers I played and I played alot of them and it was the closest to 1.0 conquer than any of them.

Plus it's all a matter of relativity, a harder server means that instead of the average gears being +5 full 1 socket items or something it will just be full super with 2 socket weaps but yeah, I would totally give this server a try.
Old 11/11/2016, 00:52   #27

Quote:
I have not seen a server with 200 average online run on less than 2GB RAM or a 3GH/z core clock for 100 USD a month. I'm not sure why these two had an immediate negative response, but i refuse to use my own **** work which is why im chatting because i lost all of my systems 4 years ago and have new ones but have no clue where the development community left off or i might just start my own server seeing as the sources to build are rather secure. I'm in preference to the old school servers though and before BP sounds like a great idea. I might develop a more in depth monster and fighting system for this source. What are your thoughts on a more calculable secure exp/character/fighting/skill system? even if thats all the source can handle.
4GB vps with a windows license costed less than $50 a month the last time I ran a server. 2GB with a good host easily ran 100 players back in the binary days.

On a separate note, doubt most have the time to grind for gears but I miss the casual fun and guild wars.
Old 11/11/2016, 12:26   #28

Quote:
I have not seen a server with 200 average online run on less than 2GB RAM or a 3GH/z core clock for 100 USD a month. I'm not sure why these two had an immediate negative response, but i refuse to use my own damn work which is why im chatting because i lost all of my systems 4 years ago and have new ones but have no clue where the development community left off or i might just start my own server seeing as the sources to build are rather secure. I'm in preference to the old school servers though and before BP sounds like a great idea. I might develop a more in depth monster and fighting system for this source. What are your thoughts on a more calculable secure exp/character/fighting/skill system? even if thats all the source can handle.
As stated above - Ulti's source runs on linux and our host costs us $30 a month. This gives us way more resources than necessary to operate - with much better specs than you are specing for 100 bucks.

I appreciate your interest but this is a private development - for the pride of it all. This is Ultimation's big project and it will remain pure in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuDe_eg View Post
As a conquer veteran it does sound like a drag at first to grind for months for gears but then again L2H was the server that I enjoyed the most out of all the p-servers I played and I played alot of them and it was the closest to 1.0 conquer than any of them.

Plus it's all a matter of relativity, a harder server means that instead of the average gears being +5 full 1 socket items or something it will just be full super with 2 socket weaps but yeah, I would totally give this server a try.
Yeah we know it's gonna be a 'Hard sale' but we figured it's better than settling for less; ending up with a server paradigm we don't care about that eventually decays because it's half way to what we want to achieve sort of thing. We feel it's best to be hosting a server we can take pride in and enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyTearZz View Post
4GB vps with a windows license costed less than $50 a month the last time I ran a server. 2GB with a good host easily ran 100 players back in the binary days.

On a separate note, doubt most have the time to grind for gears but I miss the casual fun and guild wars.
We hope to see you try us out sometime - still under development currently but moving swiftly. Still holding to late Dec or early Jan as projected launch.
It's intentionally going to
Old 11/11/2016, 15:32   #29

Allow old school cotobo and I'm sold.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/14/2016, 13:25   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
Allow old school cotobo and I'm sold.
Now you know that won't fly lol.