Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 07:27

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

I have an issue with Flags:

Discussion on I have an issue with Flags: within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
I have an issue with Flags:

fixed
Old 10/10/2016, 08:36   #2

well i was going to recreate a new entity.cs, your flaming and negative attitude toward the community is unhelpful. the only reasonable advice i got from your reply was that you have personal issues with yourself. good luck to you and good bye... Can't handle Typo's? or what?

#thread closed. @
Old 10/10/2016, 08:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftp4life View Post
well i was going to recreate a new entity.cs, your flaming and negative attitude toward the community is unhelpful. the only reasonable advice i got from your reply was that you have personal issues with yourself. good luck to you and good bye... Can't handle Typo's? or what?

#thread closed. @

;D
I wasn't trying to correct a typo, my point was that it must be a terrible, ****** *** source you're using if it has an Entity.cs file with +4k lines of code ...
Old 10/10/2016, 08:47   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
There's no denying that you should move away from that source as much as possible. All of those modified Trinity-base sources are terrible and will do you a huge disservice in both deploying a server and learning how to program - free or purchased, it doesn't matter a single bit. Being able to understand the source you work with is a huge requirement for hosting and developing on a server. That's all I'm going to say about that.

Now, from looking at your code, I'd say whoever wrote it (I'm guessing not you) needs a serious refresh on the basics of programming and conventions. Putting that aside though, why aren't you debugging this? You have the full stack trace - run the server with a breakpoint and record its inputs and outputs. Figure out what the length of the array is and what the offset of the writer is. This isn't something you should be asking us as a programmer, especially when you advertise yourself as a developer. In my first week of learning how to program, I taught myself debugging - go do that, seriously. It's going to make all of this so much easier on yourself. And yes, get away from that source.

Edit: Also, don't tell someone they have personal issues. That's not helping defuse the situation, it's just adding to the stupid drama of this section. Keep calm, ignore them, and report the post. When you're done with a thread, report your post to request a close. "#closed" doesn't actually do anything.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2016, 09:10   #5

A patch is not a source. You can work on a server which targets a patch without using a horrible public source from outside our community and leached from others members. People want a working server that's fun to play and gets their mind of the **** that Conquer Online throws at players. Using that source isn't what people want. That's why every single server like that advertised here has been abandoned after a week or two. That's why we don't offer those sources here. Don't fall into that trap, and don't burn bridges by insulting members in every post. You're asking us for help, remember?
Old 10/10/2016, 09:29   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
Keep calm, ignore them, and report the post.
Report the post? What for? As far as I know, I didn't break any of the rules stated . I actually provided genuine help, albeit in a harsh tone ... but I'm pretty sure cursing isn't a rule violation.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2016, 09:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Report the post? What for? As far as I know, I didn't break any of the rules stated . I actually provided genuine help, albeit in a harsh tone ... but I'm pretty sure cursing isn't a rule violation.

I'm not trying to throw people under the bus, I'm just describing how posts like that usually get processed or are expected to get processed. But also, this is literally the first board rule. "be nice / friendly". Also, "try to be helpful", "if you got problems with some members DON'T flame", "if you flame / insult other members you will get an infraction", "Baiting or threatening other members is forbidden", etc.

I'm just as annoyed with this thread as you are, but who does this really affect at the end of the day? Him, not us - so why bother getting heated over something so trivial? You told him off, and that was the right thing to do. If at this point he continues with that source, it'll be on him.
Old 10/10/2016, 10:40   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post

I'm not trying to throw people under the bus, I'm just describing how posts like that usually get processed or are expected to get processed. But also, this is literally the first board rule. "be nice / friendly". Also, "try to be helpful", "if you got problems with some members DON'T flame", "if you flame / insult other members you will get an infraction", "Baiting or threatening other members is forbidden", etc.

I'm just as annoyed with this thread as you are, but who does this really affect at the end of the day? Him, not us - so why bother getting heated over something so trivial? You told him off, and that was the right thing to do. If at this point he continues with that source, it'll be on him.
"Nettiquette", not rule
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/10/2016, 14:11   #9

Please stop being so politically incorrect, sir.
This is Fang's new safe space.
Thanks
4 Users
Old 10/10/2016, 16:34   #10

I have this theory that Fang was not actually unbanned, it's a global mod impersonating him to show us how a previously problematic (hence banned) member can change and impose the rules to have a fruitful and growing society.

On a more serious note, delete that source and try to pick up a better one. I can only recommend CptSkys releases.
Thanks
2 Users
Old 10/10/2016, 16:46   #11

I would suggest you to burn that source along with your house.
Thanks
1 User
Closed Thread