Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 12:31

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CO server in Linux VPS?

Discussion on CO server in Linux VPS? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/25/2016, 19:27   #46

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaft View Post
I'm calling you an idiot for your obsession with generics. Him using a comparison is fine, but after ******* months of you complaining, one would think you'd either give up or get it by now. I honestly think you are a complete ******. I don't fan over a language, I don't obsess over a feature, I understand a topic.
Yes, clearly you understand a topic - proven by your awesome article on why C++ sucks ... that you have now deleted. LOL, enough with the jokes, please.
Old 08/25/2016, 19:36   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
Yes, clearly you understand a topic - proven by your awesome article on why C++ sucks ... that you have now deleted. LOL, enough with the jokes, please.
C++ does suck. Who's questioning that? You?
Old 08/25/2016, 19:40   #48

Quote:
C++ does suck. Who's questioning that? You?
Oh, have you forgotten already? I thought my signature served as a good reminder, but anyways,
Old 08/25/2016, 19:50   #49

Quote:
Oh, have you forgotten already? I thought my signature served as a good reminder, but anyways,
No, my question is, who the **** would defend C++ at this point? You?
Old 08/25/2016, 20:04   #50

Quote:
No, my question is, who the **** would defend C++ at this point? You?
No, I guess I would not "defend" C++ (have I ever done that? I don't think so), but that's only because I actually understand what's wrong with C++ and why it's not a good language.
Old 08/25/2016, 22:13   #51

Quote:
No, I guess I would not "defend" C++ (have I ever done that? I don't think so), but that's only because I actually understand what's wrong with C++ and why it's not a good language.
And you're saying that you must be unique in your way of thinking? Oh genius of programming languages?
Old 08/26/2016, 06:38   #52

Quote:
And you're saying that you must be unique in your way of thinking? Oh genius of programming languages?
No, I really don't see how you came to that conclusion. I'm saying that I don't try to discuss stuff that I obviously don't know **** about ...
Old 08/26/2016, 09:35   #53

You guys are funny. To add my two cents to this conversation, a quote from a teacher I had like 10 years ago when our high school switched from teaching Pascal to C++ and people who had no clue about it started ******** :

Quote:
Programming languages are like tools. You wouldn't screw in a screw with a hammer and you wouldn't hammer a nail with a chainsaw.
Stop the butthurt drama already, it's cringy af.
Old 08/26/2016, 10:18   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
You guys are funny. To add my two cents to this conversation, a quote from a teacher I had like 10 years ago when our high school switched from teaching Pascal to C++ and people who had no clue about it started ******** :

Sure ... but what good is a toy plastic hammer (Go) for anything?
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2016, 14:44   #55

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Sure ... but what good is a toy plastic hammer (Go) for anything?
Children play with those all the time 🙂
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2016, 15:44   #56

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
You guys are funny. To add my two cents to this conversation, a quote from a teacher I had like 10 years ago when our high school switched from teaching Pascal to C++ and people who had no clue about it started bitching :

One of my boss once told me:

Quote:
Programmers tend to be really rational when taking decisions (designs, etc), but when it comes to techs, they become really emotional and take it personal when you don't agree.
I have to agree. Everybody here saying Go is shit, C++ is shit and others don't understand that I know the ultimate truth are showing that. Everybody that will argue in a MySQL vs PostgreSQL thread will probably be proving that point (most of the arguments are not facts, but personal preferences).

Techs/languages are tool to get work done. Everybody has their preferences and all tools have their pros/cons.

I like C++ and I think it's a powerful language when you know it and try to do things properly. But, I've seen awful C++ because a lot of programmers are bad. End of the story, it's not the fault of the language. Go probably has its advantages. Go doesn't have generics? Well, personally I think it's an important feature, but if you can still do something similar... fine. And Go probably has features that other languages with generics don't have. If generics become a necessity, it'll be added as it was to C#. Obj-C had some nice features but I hated the syntax, it does not mean the language is shit...

Anyway, have fun arguing, it's always funny
Thanks
3 Users
Old 08/26/2016, 16:30   #57

At least there is a common ground where we all agree Java sucks *****. And Fang.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/26/2016, 23:00   #58

Java is great for RPC. It's very common in the industry for just that. Google uses it a lot in their analytics department. Go is quickly replacing it though. Again, every tool has a purpose. Even C++, though being a terrible language just as Java is terrible.
Old 08/30/2016, 07:57   #59

Quote:
Oh genius of programming languages?
Best Coder 2014
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/30/2016, 09:04   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post