Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 18:36

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

CO server in Linux VPS?

Discussion on CO server in Linux VPS? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/20/2016, 23:23   #31

elite*gold: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by KraHen View Post
It's not a hashmap implementation and you know it. I'm all for criticizing code but you're just throwing dirt now.
thread-safe hashmap implementation*. The code is still a joke, though. Even if Bauss made a typo .

Also, just for laughs, reason #261 why Go sucks:

"So how do we implement generic data structures in Go without generics? ... Well, we're gonna fake it."

Faking generics ... so sad.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/21/2016, 03:35   #32

What an idiot.
Old 08/21/2016, 04:16   #33

Just like Fang's projects.
How's the progress going? "Well, we're gonna fake it."

**** the police
Thanks
2 Users
Old 08/24/2016, 16:01   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Coder 2014 View Post
thread-safe hashmap implementation*. The code is still a joke, though. Even if Bauss made a typo .

Also, just for laughs, reason #261 why Go sucks:

"So how do we implement generic data structures in Go without generics? ... Well, we're gonna fake it."

Faking generics ... so sad.
Sounds an awful lot like Java's type-erasure.
Old 08/24/2016, 16:29   #35

Sounds an awful lot like people misusing a language.
Old 08/24/2016, 18:44   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Sounds an awful lot like Java's type-erasure.
Except it's worse - since even shitty Java actually has generics.

If you want to compare it to Java, it's more like using the pre-generics HashMap in Java:
Code:
  public static void goSucks() {
    Map map = new HashMap();

map.put(1, "One");
    map.put(2, "Two");

String one = (String) map.get(1);
  }
instead of the safer, more modern, type-safe, generic approach:
Code:
  public static void evenJavaIsABillionTimesBetterThanGo() {
    Map<Integer, String> map = new HashMap<>();

map.put(1, "One");
    map.put(2, "Two");

String one = map.get(1);
  }
... but apparently, the braindead Go language developers/creators don't mind being stuck in the 70s - well, Java has only had generics since 2004, but C++ had templates in the mid 80s, Ada had generics in 83, ML had it in fucking 73.

Then again, Rob Pike, one of the dumbass creators of Go, even said himself:
Quote:
The key point here is our programmers are Googlers, they’re not researchers. They’re typically, fairly young, fresh out of school, probably learned Java, maybe learned C or C++, probably learned Python. They’re not capable of understanding a brilliant language but we want to use them to build good software. So, the language that we give them has to be easy for them to understand and easy to adopt.
- Basically saying: "Our language is made to be utter garbage, because it's going to be used by garbage programmers". What a joke.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/24/2016, 23:39   #37

You do realize that these are the same authors who made Unix and C, the heart of all good operating systems and programming languages. Do you not understand how idiotic you sound complaining about ******* generics? Do you not understand how golang does pointers and interfaces? (I'm not talking about empty interfaces either). I've used GoLang for a year now and have never run into this problem. I love you guys, but you're ******* idiots.
Old 08/25/2016, 07:24   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaft View Post
You do realize that these are the same authors who made Unix and C, the heart of all good operating systems and programming languages. Do you not understand how idiotic you sound complaining about fucking generics? Do you not understand how golang does pointers and interfaces? (I'm not talking about empty interfaces either). I've used GoLang for a year now and have never run into this problem. I love you guys, but you're fucking idiots.
So, I post a link to a video of Keith Randall talking about how maps in Go work, and you call him an idiot
Quote:
What an idiot.
and you say that he's misusing the language:
Quote:
Sounds an awful lot like people misusing a language.
(Just so we're clear here: Keith Randall is part of the team that works on the map implementation in the Go runtime)

Now you're calling us stupid for bashing on Go? I'm a little confused.
And no, clearly I don't know how interfaces and pointers work in Go, care to explain it to me? I'm genuinely excited to hear your explanation.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2016, 08:18   #39

Quote:
You do realize that these are the same authors who made Unix and C, the heart of all good operating systems and programming languages. Do you not understand how idiotic you sound complaining about ******* generics? Do you not understand how golang does pointers and interfaces? (I'm not talking about empty interfaces either). I've used GoLang for a year now and have never run into this problem. I love you guys, but you're ******* idiots.
Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2016, 11:02   #40

Thanks
1 User
Old 08/25/2016, 15:48   #41

I spoke to you when you complained about the lack of generics. If this is the best argument you have, and all you can do is twist words, then you three really are inept. This is how people become retards of the community. Don't **** on a language or concept you have no knowledge about.

PS: Don't tell me, rather than making a distributed system in Go, you're going to compile Mono C#, C++, D, or Nim. Hahahaha
Old 08/25/2016, 15:59   #42

Quote:
PS: Don't tell me, rather than making a distributed system in Go, you're going to compile Mono C#, C++, D, or Nim. Hahahaha
Wtf kind of drugs are you on?
Old 08/25/2016, 16:11   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
Wtf kind of drugs are you on?
Oh my ***, don't tell me you actually would?!
You realize Go was made for network and thread management. You would be thick not to use it.

Edit: you know what, you do you. The less retards we have in the language the better.
Old 08/25/2016, 17:45   #44

Quote:
I spoke to you when you complained about the lack of generics. If this is the best argument you have, and all you can do is twist words, then you three really are inept. This is how people become retards of the community.
Twisting words? I quoted the EXACT words you used, there's no fucking "twisting" of anything involved.

Clearly, you didn't realize that the guy in the video was talking about the actual hashmap implementation in the Go runtime and not just some random hobby project, hence your comments about him being an idiot and "misusing the language". And now you're trying to make it sound like that's not what you meant, trying to make yourself look like less of a fool.

Quote:
Don't shit on a language or concept you have no knowledge about.
Good one, it's pretty obvious that even I know more about Go than you do - even though you're such a big fanboy. And what exactly are these "concepts" that you're talking about now? Stop pulling random shit out of your ass all the time, please.

Quote:
What the fuck does this have to do with ANYTHING? Again with the dodging by bringing up completely random, retarded stuff.
Old 08/25/2016, 19:18   #45

I'm calling you an idiot for your obsession with generics. Him using a comparison is fine, but after ******* months of you complaining, one would think you'd either give up or get it by now. I honestly think you are a complete ******. I don't fan over a language, I don't obsess over a feature, I understand a topic.