Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 17:54

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Redux Monster High Ping

Discussion on Redux Monster High Ping within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Redux Monster High Ping

Hello mates, I encounter some problem with Redux V3.05 about monster.
When I am getting near in the monster with a total respawn of 50 or more! and
I get high Ping which reach 20kping and if I use scatter it won't shoot and maybe it will delayed.
How can I fix this or any suggestion about this error?
I appreciate your suggestions.

Here are the image.

Thank You.
Old 02/18/2016, 08:26   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
Hello mates, I encounter some problem with Redux V3.05 about monster.
When I am getting near in the monster with a total respawn of 50 or more! and
I get high Ping which reach 20kping and if I use scatter it won't shoot and maybe it will delayed.
How can I fix this or any suggestion about this error?
I appreciate your suggestions.

latency 46078

Thank You.
1. What does your CPU look like when it lags? Is it maxing out a core of your processor?
2. What does your memory look like? Is your computer paging and causing IO blocking when the server loads multiple maps?
3. Do you have steps on reproducing this problem every time?
Old 02/18/2016, 08:55   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
1. What does your CPU look like when it lags? Is it maxing out a core of your processor?
2. What does your memory look like? Is your computer paging and causing IO blocking when the server loads multiple maps?
3. Do you have steps on reproducing this problem every time?
all of your question is not yet applied. I'll try to look on it and I'll give feedback.
Old 02/18/2016, 09:59   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfly25 View Post
all of your question is not yet applied. I'll try to look on it and I'll give feedback.
Before anyone can help you solve this problem, we need to know the following. So please don't just try to look into it - do look into it and do provide these details with your next response.

1. When the server lags, how much CPU is it using?
2. When the server lags, how much memory is it using?
3. How many processor cores does your computer have?
4. How much memory does your computer have?
5. Do you have steps on reproducing this problem every time?
6. What is your operating system?

If you don't know how to get all of these, I'm willing to team viewer with you to find this information out, as long as you have steps to reproduce the issue.
Old 02/18/2016, 10:42   #5

Quote:
Before anyone can help you solve this problem, we need to know the following. So please don't just try to look into it - do look into it and do provide these details with your next response.

1. When the server lags, how much CPU is it using?
2. When the server lags, how much memory is it using?
3. How many processor cores does your computer have?
4. How much memory does your computer have?
5. Do you have steps on reproducing this problem every time?
6. What is your operating system?

If you don't know how to get all of these, I'm willing to team viewer with you to find this information out, as long as you have steps to reproduce the issue.
Thank You for information sir I know the answer of 1-4,6 I will give you feedback soon. I'm just quite busy today.

Quote:

1. When the server lags, how much CPU is it using? - Cpu Usage reach to 80%
2. When the server lags, how much memory is it using? 120MB
3. How many processor cores does your computer have? 2
4. How much memory does your computer have? 2Gb
5. Do you have steps on reproducing this problem every time? For now there's none as I am looking where to work on it.

6. What is your operating system? Windows 7
Here Sir. My CPU and memory Usage will getting higher if I am getting near with the massive monster spawn with over 50+ monster. and if there's no massive spawn (50+Mobs) it back to normal = 11 Cpu - 50MB Memory Usage.
Old 02/18/2016, 17:19   #6

Find those repeat steps out, repeat the problem, and see if one of your cores is being maxed out when the problem occurs. If you can't reproduce the problem every time, then it's possible that the monsters are not the problem.
Old 02/18/2016, 18:19   #7

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
It's worth pointing out the base version of redux needs a completely re-designed spawn/map/ai system to avoid issues like that. It's not really something you should try to use to host a server with.
Old 02/18/2016, 20:29   #8

Scatter wont shoot on big respawns unless you split the packet. This happens because of the buffer size, client might crash if the packet is bigger than what it is supposed to be. Maybe the socket cut the packet to avoid this and the client is not accepting because the sufix is missing. BTW, the other problems might be because of the monster find path system, not sure, but you might check if it happens when monsters try to move or if it's just random.
Old 02/19/2016, 01:16   #9

elite*gold: 130
If I recall correctly, AceKing mentioned that there was a problem with the AI and pathfinding in the source.

Like pro4never mentioned, you will have to rewrite those.
Old 02/19/2016, 02:50   #10

Regardless, something's been bothering me about the way C# does threading and maxing out of a thread - which is why I'm interested. If we can figure out some repeat steps for replicating this problem in a contained environment, we can better analyze why it's happening (not so much the cause, as we know that - but the result of it possibly being multithreaded incorrectly). Please get back to me on repeat steps or possibly schedule a time with me to take a look over your system.
Old 02/19/2016, 07:06   #11

Quote:
Regardless, something's been bothering me about the way C# does threading and maxing out of a thread - which is why I'm interested. If we can figure out some repeat steps for replicating this problem in a contained environment, we can better analyze why it's happening (not so much the cause, as we know that - but the result of it possibly being multithreaded incorrectly). Please get back to me on repeat steps or possibly schedule a time with me to take a look over your system.
Okay Sir. what's your skype?
Old 02/19/2016, 07:59   #12

I took a general look around, did some system diagnostics. Here's what I found. First, I don't think the system you're running the server on is adequate for server processing. One core is quite horrible for multithreaded systems. It means it's going to block more on system calls and heavy processing. Secondly, I noticed your server was using an STA (single threaded apartment) model. I've changed that for you to MTA. What's left for you to do is move your GUI to its own thread and move the server back to the main thread. That way, your GUI won't block server processing... and if it crashes, the server will still be running.

Lastly, about the server itself. It seems that the primary cause of the lag is in fact the monster AI thread. When looking into the process using some diagnostics from SysInternals, I found that suspending the monster AI thread immediately relieved server stress. If you continue with the source, you're going to need to fix the monster AI or make it simpler (like if in screen, walk towards the player). Anyways, that's the best advice I can give you. In summary, new system to run the server on that's multi-core, and fix up that GUI thread and monster AI thread. Cheers.

Edit: If you can run this on a multi-core system, see if you can replicate the problem and get that CPU back up to 100% like we saw. If you can't, then there's a more serious problem that I'd like to look into.
Old 02/19/2016, 08:09   #13

cheers Sir! Thank You for your valuable time now. I can start to think and work one where the problem is.