Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:25

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Why come back to Conquer?

Discussion on Why come back to Conquer? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Why come back to Conquer?

I'm so curious about this, because I've noticed it a lot in the 7/8 years I've been on this board. People always saying "I'm done with Conquer, blah blah blah" when in reality they just take an extended hiatus, only to come back to this universe. I've seen people actually advance and do other projects outside of Conquer, but in the end you always come back. I've done it once or twice.

The question I pose to those that say they were done with Conquer, why did you come back?
Old 11/15/2015, 23:43   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
It happens with every MMO. Your first/most played is almost always where you end up going back to.

Conquer is pretty unique compared to a lot of other games (yes, it is/was trash but it was a special kind of trash that I've not seen any other game execute as well). I constantly find myself wanting more 'skill' based combat in every mmo I play.

I speak mostly for myself here but it's also an area I'm very competent in and know I can make a meaningful amount of money in. Even if I might enjoy game X Y or Z more, there's very little chance I'm as familiar with its mechanics and its community and so any possible attempts I could make at monetizing it would fall flat compared to what I'm confident I can do with CO.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2015, 01:19   #3

elite*gold: 130
Conquer is like smoking. You have to reduce the amount little by little. Because we all know quitting at once will make you use it again.
Old 11/16/2015, 02:46   #4

Because, Arco, it's like heroine. Maybe you miss the nab as well.
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/16/2015, 11:45   #5

To be fair I quit the game itself a really long time ago (aside for logging in once every year to have a laugh), I only come to this section of the forum because if it wasn't existing, I probably would not be a developer, or at least, a much less skilled one. It's like a technical crib.
Old 11/16/2015, 12:48   #6

same to me. thinking to quit conquer but after 1 month I came back and I don't know why even I am a noob. Even I play any Computer games. I still came back at CO.

but nobody cares HOLA HOLA HOLA.
Old 12/14/2015, 06:40   #7

because this people have free time nothing more if you see this stupid post no problem for me is problem for you so shut up
Old 12/14/2015, 08:51   #8

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedqq1 View Post
because this people have free time nothing more if you see this stupid post no problem for me is problem for you so shut up
I feel like it's trying to communicate with us.
Thanks
7 Users
Old 12/22/2015, 13:42   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammedqq1 View Post

My posts ain't enough to post an image. But honestly, that was my reaction once I read your reply.
Old 12/26/2015, 18:58   #10

elite*gold: 20
I may forget about Conquer for several months but for some reason I always end up typing elit in the url bar and end up here every now and then.
Old 07/04/2016, 18:51   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirited View Post
I feel like it's trying to communicate with us.

You made my day. xD