Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 23:17

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Colab] 4267 Development

Discussion on [Colab] 4267 Development within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
[Colab] 4267 Development

So I've been messing around with the 1.0 source that's floating around the last little bit and have made some progress (not added a huge amount so far, just doing some basic stuff mostly) and I figured seeing as there is no real releases or information on the source for people I'd make a lil thread where people who have questions about how to fix things in the source or have problems with their coding can ask for some help.

Disclaimer:
- I am NOT a pr0 coder by any means so don't expect me to be doing any miracles.
- I am well aware that the current public 1.0 source was somewhat leaked. I am not planning to make my server public or make any profit off it. It's simply a project for myself. I enjoy coding it and seeing what features I can tackle, nothing more
- I have no intentions of releasing "full features" in this thread. I have a few things done that I don't really plan on releasing, that doesn't mean I'm being selfish, it means that I put work into them and would rather help you understand how to do it yourself rather then simply have a copy/paste code to leach.

Things I have fixed/have working so far
Feel free to ask for advice on these (again, not gonna give you a copy/paste guide, I'd much rather explain how to do them yourself)

-Fixed AOE magic attack to calculate as magic and not PH dmg.
-Changed some incorrect spells to Arc instead of aoe that should have been (tao xp skills)
-Modified the AOE attacks so it's simple to declare what type of dmg it is.
-Fixed guild dep (super easy minor fix but deputies now save to the database
-Added full met/db bank system using input fields (so you enter the number you want to store/remove instead of doing 1 at a time like older coemu storage systems)
-Custom Pk event system (not finished, got most of the required code working now, using as an example for future features. Seeing as my server is not public and not planning to make it public, there is no real reason to make lots of events right now)
-Other random minor fixes.

As I said, nothing I did was to major or ground breaking, just giving some examples so if you have questions on those I can probably help you a little bit.

If anyone has any releases/fixes they would like to release, give advice on, ask questions about, etcetc, please post.

Ooh also, if anyone knows how to do .dat encryption/decryption that's something that would be really really useful (all the itemtype decryption on here are for 2.0+ and don't work with the old .dat encryption.)

If you wanna flame, go ahead I have no problem with that. Not trying to "show off" or any bs like that, just trying to help people and get some help. Cooperation can be useful for everyone.
Old 11/12/2009, 01:24   #2

elite*gold: 0
Goodluck with project and this will diffenlt be great!
And no one knows who made the 1,0 source first?
Old 11/12/2009, 01:44   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by #*=DarkAngeL=*# View Post
Goodluck with project and this will diffenlt be great!
And no one knows who made the 1,0 source first?
The only credits listed in the version that I have right now is

"Credits: Korvacs & Future"

But that's in the control panel so it could be they worked on the original one and then someone else coded some of the features. I wouldn't know. I saw it posted and was curious so figured I'd give it a shot.

Ps: just tested and event works as planned. All I would need to change to make it functional is have it auto trigger based on times (or random chance) and kick out players when they die. As it is it allows people to enter map via npc when event is activated. No one can pk/use skills on that map till the event fully starts (currently triggered by command for ease of use, again can be done by timer now easily enough)

Once that is triggered people on the map are told the event has started, they are added to a list which will hold their scores (only thing left to do for that is have it display top player scores like guild war, I have it coded just not activated right now)

Event can be customized to last for a time limit or till a certain score.

Event can be customized to start based on time of day, random chance (with a countdown timer till it actually opens to players)

Event can have prize customized or be random (obviously)

Still some work to do on it though.
Old 11/12/2009, 01:46   #4

Received Thanks: 1,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
[...] Ooh also, if anyone knows how to do .dat encryption/decryption that's something that would be really really useful (all the itemtype decryption on here are for 2.0+ and don't work with the old .dat encryption.) [...]
Good luck. For the encryption, on the CO1.0 client and at the start of CO2.0 (I think, but for the french client it's true), the file are in binary. You have to find the structure. It's not very hard.
Old 11/12/2009, 02:58   #5

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4n[CENTER
ever;3428746]The only credits listed in the version that I have right now is
[/CENTER]
"Credits: Korvacs & Future"

But that's in the control panel so it could be they worked on the original one and then someone else coded some of the features. I wouldn't know. I saw it posted and was curious so figured I'd give it a shot.
Yes, because the base of the source is cofuture (v1 or patch 4351), hence why it says Korvacs & Future.

Justin, Impulse/alexbigfoot, and Junior worked on it to make it 1.0. Korvacs & Future had no part in it except that the base was made by them (and released).
Old 11/12/2009, 04:03   #6

There has(have) been private 1.0 source(s) way before this one.

If you need help, PM me for my MSN.
Old 11/12/2009, 05:47   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by _tao4229_ View Post
There has(have) been private 1.0 source(s) way before this one.

If you need help, PM me for my MSN.
Yah I'm well aware there are a number of 1.0 servers (many of which are quite far along in their development)

This was just a bit of an area for people who wanted to work together on solving problems with the released 1.0 source, similar to the 5095 CoEmu collaboration threads.

As for myself, just got Pk events working. I just need to code systems for them so they can be modified as needed.

Current ideas for variable events:

Types of activation:
- Gm command
- Random event (plan on adding random events to server)
- Time based event (certain day/time)

Types of gameplay:
- Last man standing
- Timelimit (top score wins, already having it printing out score chart during play in top right similar to guild scores)
- Score limit (first to reach x score wins, again have score system working already)

Types of Prizes:
- Preset prize (same prize every time)
- Gm selected prize (for use with gm activated event)
- Semi random prize (prize is loaded from a random prize database)

Any other types I should add for this?

Team death match could be added but that's a different kettle of fish and I don't wanna try to get into that right now.

Hit based death match could be also added but again, not coding that atm.
Old 11/12/2009, 09:05   #8

Received Thanks: 2,518
If i were you i would write a new source from scratch and use that source as a reference, theres alot of bad code in that, made worse by Justin & Co

CoFuture was released because i started work on a new source.
Old 11/12/2009, 10:07   #9

If you need help in any way I would also be intrested on this project.

Goodluck
Old 11/12/2009, 19:37   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
If i were you i would write a new source from scratch and use that source as a reference, theres alot of bad code in that, made worse by Justin & Co

i have to agree that that the source is horrible. it'd advice that no one actually use's it. this source was only made for testing purposes. after we had got most thing's working i dropped the project and formed a new team. which consisted of Me/Ultimatum/Lostsolder05 and a few others. we ended up writing a scratch source for it. but, the team slowly fell apart. because the other team mates were to busy irl,etc. now i've established a new team consisting of me/Haydz/Lostsolder05. we've made abit of progress. and should have a alpha server out soon enough.

good luck,
Justin
Old 11/12/2009, 21:25   #11

Goodluck bro :P
Old 11/12/2009, 21:58   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post

ahah trust me I am not on the level of coding knowledge to really be interested in making my own source, or have the time to do it in between univ projects currently.

Doing this as a way to force myself to learn some new skills and that's about it. Same thing I did with the 5095 CoEmu source over the summer. Tried some shit in it, got working what I could and left the rest for later. Now that my knowledge has come along a little bit I'm seeing what I can add to this source. Figured I'd post the thread incase anyone else was using the source and wanted some help with it.

If you happen to remember, what was some of the stuff that was having problems in it? I've run into a few things but nothing fatally wrong (then again I'm not hosting it for lots of people or doing anything other then testing a few features as I add them). Would be interesting to attempt to fix some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanoCoder View Post
Goodluck bro :P
Thanks ^^.

After I finish this massive pols assignment... and my econ assignment... and w/e the hell else they expect me to try to get done I'm gonna work on coding a customizable random event system for it. Simple stuff but should be interesting to see how far I can go with it.
Old 11/12/2009, 22:04   #13

Received Thanks: 2,518
Nothing Broken or wrong, its just that the processes in it arnt very efficient, the socket server is pretty bad, the encryption is very old and can be slimmed down alot, bad thread handling. Its just...old. Alot can be re-written completely to improve performance.