Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

C# DLL/C++ DLL/Intern -> Best?

Discussion on C# DLL/C++ DLL/Intern -> Best? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,147
C# DLL/C++ DLL/Intern -> Best?

What is the best choice?
-A DLL in C# with the methods.
-A DLL in C++ that is imported with the DLLImport function.
-An intern code.

I want to know what is the best for the time, the memory using, the CPU and the stability...

I think the C++ DLL can be good, but you have to import the DLL...
Old 11/07/2009, 05:23   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
What's it being used for?
I would only use a C++ DLL for either protection of code, need to use inline assembler and other things .NET is incapable of; otherwise I would just use a .NET (or as you said a C#) DLL.
Old 11/07/2009, 05:26   #3

Encryption system and possibly other private things...
Old 11/07/2009, 05:31   #4

Use VC++ if you can't decide.

(loljoke)
Old 11/07/2009, 05:43   #5

I will use the C++ for the private things.
Thanks Hybrid.
Old 11/07/2009, 08:23   #6

Encryption/Decryption would be faster in a c++ dll the difference will be very little but you also could use assembler xD
Old 11/07/2009, 12:24   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSky View Post
I will use the C++ for the private things.
Thanks Hybrid.
You can only "protect" things if you know what you're doing. You're not protecting anything, but deterring less capable crackers from grabbing your code. The more capable the hacker, the less likely you are to protect anything from him.

So I wouldn't waste your time. Whether someone gets your (obfusticated) code via reflection, or basic asm debugging isn't a great difference.
Old 11/07/2009, 16:45   #8

Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownone View Post
You can only "protect" things if you know what you're doing. You're not protecting anything, but deterring less capable crackers from grabbing your code. The more capable the hacker, the less likely you are to protect anything from him.

So I wouldn't waste your time. Whether someone gets your (obfusticated) code via reflection, or basic asm debugging isn't a great difference.
In my opinion, there's honestly next to nobody left in the conquer section (actively) who's active who can disassemble and reverse things other than yourself, Saint (tao4229), Ultimation, and myself. There might obviously be a few individuals who you have contact with (or don't) who just don't post on e*pvp but who're active.

Because of this factor though, I'd use C++.
Old 11/07/2009, 17:48   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
In my opinion, there's honestly next to nobody left in the conquer section (actively) who's active who can disassemble and reverse things other than yourself, Saint (tao4229), Ultimation, and myself. There might obviously be a few individuals who you have contact with (or don't) who just don't post on e*pvp but who're active.

Because of this factor though, I'd use C++.
Same opinion... I am active in the french community, and there is not a lot of people who can understand the ASM and reverse some things... There is more people who can get the C# code of a program...

After, C++ is I think better for the performance that the managed language...