Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 10:14

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Question about PServer

Discussion on Question about PServer within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Question about PServer

Hi guys.

I want to try create and possibly even host a vanilla conquer online private server for me and a max of 9 other people. Because all us played in vanilla times and we lost all will to play the game when lotto hit the patch we kind of want to relive those memories of classic old school vanilla conquer.

I've tried a few p servers like Classic Conquer, Serenity-CO but they kind of do it wrong. Its not possible to have full 2 soc +9 in vanilla co, it's flipping hard.

So I tried to learn through tutorials but didn't learn much. So I will just ask here:

How to host an alpha co private server?
Is it doable?
Can I also find some sort of free server hosting for 10 people? It shouldn't be hard in my mind so I wouldn't have to host it from my own pc.
Old 01/14/2015, 03:27   #2

Any source can be tweaked to have vanilla rates. Pro4Never's newest redux source is quite capable of your requirements to my knowledge.

Nothing will be bugless, though. Some may be gameplay-affective as well.

But for hosting, Hamachi is used to test servers for small groups. You can download that and host with ease.

However, if you are looking to just play instead of working on a server yourself,
Old 01/14/2015, 04:01   #3

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphy×ia View Post
Any source can be tweaked to have vanilla rates. Pro4Never's newest redux source is quite capable of your requirements to my knowledge.

But for hosting, Hamachi is used to test servers for small groups. You can download that and host with ease.

However, if you are looking to just play instead of working on a server yourself,
Thanks for the shoutout both for my public source that he could host as well as the project I'm involved with

@OP: Any source you decide to host yourself WILL have issues. Public sources are public for a reason. Either they are flawed and abandoned (most of them) or they are incomplete and need large numbers of features added or bugs fixed.

If you are not capable of basic programming (data types, loops and flow of logic) then hosting a server is not something I'd recommend doing. I know that seems harsh but it's the bitter truth. You dont need to understand everything about the source but being able to perform basic calculations or flow of logic is really mandatory.

Now, as mentioned CCO sounds like it's definitely something that'd be up your alley. Max 130, +9, 1st reborn. Rates are higher than TQ but it's still much closer to what you're looking for than I've seen advertised in recent history.

I believe the best player on the server right now is still using +4-5 items with single sockets and he's been powerleveling waters and farming near non stop for almost 2 weeks. Getting basic gear and leveling is pretty easy compared to original conquer but there's no + stones in mall or anything that would let someone drop tons of money and bypass the requirements of items actually having to be hunted by someone.

The server is also one of the more accurate and bug free servers I've seen and the server owners have me on staff writing any needed content patches, bug fixes and new features that are needed. That's not to say no bugs will ever happen but just saying that I'm deploying patches nearly every day to fix any issues player have with the server
Old 01/14/2015, 13:47   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphy×ia View Post

Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I checked the link out. It says it has nothing in but logging in and char creation.

I already tried classic conquer and its not what I'm looking for. Basically any classic conquer server that offers some bonuses for donation isn't up my alley. I want the hard experience, through grinding and leveling up. That's why I think no server will fit my exact list except if I host my own for myself and a couple of friends.

Quote:
Thanks for the shoutout both for my public source that he could host as well as the project I'm involved with

@OP: Any source you decide to host yourself WILL have issues. Public sources are public for a reason. Either they are flawed and abandoned (most of them) or they are incomplete and need large numbers of features added or bugs fixed.

If you are not capable of basic programming (data types, loops and flow of logic) then hosting a server is not something I'd recommend doing. I know that seems harsh but it's the bitter truth. You dont need to understand everything about the source but being able to perform basic calculations or flow of logic is really mandatory.

Now, as mentioned CCO sounds like it's definitely something that'd be up your alley. Max 130, +9, 1st reborn. Rates are higher than TQ but it's still much closer to what you're looking for than I've seen advertised in recent history.

I believe the best player on the server right now is still using +4-5 items with single sockets and he's been powerleveling waters and farming near non stop for almost 2 weeks. Getting basic gear and leveling is pretty easy compared to original conquer but there's no + stones in mall or anything that would let someone drop tons of money and bypass the requirements of items actually having to be hunted by someone.

The server is also one of the more accurate and bug free servers I've seen and the server owners have me on staff writing any needed content patches, bug fixes and new features that are needed. That's not to say no bugs will ever happen but just saying that I'm deploying patches nearly every day to fix any issues player have with the server
I am capable of basic programming. Though it depends in what language conquer is written and how long it would take for my to adapt to it. I'd wish to not bother with coding or learning if I can just find an old version of conquer that at least has:

- monsters work, spawn and drop loot
- class quests for leveling skills and professions work
- NPC's work (like selling stuff, upgrade gear, open/save warehouse etc)
- reborn quest works
- some of the minor quests like bluemouse, house permit, snake king.. those old quests (optional)

Well like I said above, CCO isn't good enough for me. I understand that CCO tries to get people to play and other people don't have the nerves or the time to grind ALL of their gear, but this is basically what I want. 100% no benefits server, which is impossible to find because servers need donations to exist and they offer "faster" means to those who spend their dimes.

EDIT: I checked your redux version but it says that it doesn't have any features in. Then my question is this, if I download a really old version of conquer, like Patch 4217 or Patch 4267 [Conquer Alpha or v1.0] and follow a tutorial to set it up, will it work? Will me and my couple of friends be able to create a char, log in and level up, grind and pk each other?
Old 01/14/2015, 16:07   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentrywiz View Post
Thanks for your reply.

EDIT: I checked the link out. It says it has nothing in but logging in and char creation.

I already tried classic conquer and its not what I'm looking for. Basically any classic conquer server that offers some bonuses for donation isn't up my alley. I want the hard experience, through grinding and leveling up. That's why I think no server will fit my exact list except if I host my own for myself and a couple of friends.

I am capable of basic programming. Though it depends in what language conquer is written and how long it would take for my to adapt to it. I'd wish to not bother with coding or learning if I can just find an old version of conquer that at least has:

- monsters work, spawn and drop loot
- class quests for leveling skills and professions work
- NPC's work (like selling stuff, upgrade gear, open/save warehouse etc)
- reborn quest works
- some of the minor quests like bluemouse, house permit, snake king.. those old quests (optional)

Well like I said above, CCO isn't good enough for me. I understand that CCO tries to get people to play and other people don't have the nerves or the time to grind ALL of their gear, but this is basically what I want. 100% no benefits server, which is impossible to find because servers need donations to exist and they offer "faster" means to those who spend their dimes.

EDIT: I checked your redux version but it says that it doesn't have any features in. Then my question is this, if I download a really old version of conquer, like Patch 4217 or Patch 4267 [Conquer Alpha or v1.0] and follow a tutorial to set it up, will it work? Will me and my couple of friends be able to create a char, log in and level up, grind and pk each other?
Finding a reallly old client can be an issue but yes, there's one or two 'working' 1.0 sources out there that would be a good fit for what you're needing. Take a look at the sources/client lists in the release section.

The public version if redux is a much newer patch (5065) but in its current state does do a good job of accurately emulating conquer (I believe all game systems work in the public version. Been a while since I've used it though).

Totally get where you're coming from. As you said, it's just not something that's feasible when looking to host a public server (server costs and difficulty to keep people interested when the servers gets too hard). Best of luck in your journey though, I'm positive there's some good posts in the release section that'll get you up and running
Old 01/14/2015, 21:04   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro4never View Post
Finding a reallly old client can be an issue but yes, there's one or two 'working' 1.0 sources out there that would be a good fit for what you're needing. Take a look at the sources/client lists in the release section.

The public version if redux is a much newer patch (5065) but in its current state does do a good job of accurately emulating conquer (I believe all game systems work in the public version. Been a while since I've used it though).

Totally get where you're coming from. As you said, it's just not something that's feasible when looking to host a public server (server costs and difficulty to keep people interested when the servers gets too hard). Best of luck in your journey though, I'm positive there's some good posts in the release section that'll get you up and running
Thank you very much.
I'll look into it.

So the answer is yes, its possible to get what me and my friends want with relatively ease?
Old 01/14/2015, 21:24   #7

Yes but you'll need to expect weird bugs to pop up depending on what source you use as well as possibly some systems that wont function well/at all.

for just a few players though most public sources are gonna be juuuustt fine.