Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 22:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Opinions on luckytime

Discussion on Opinions on luckytime within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/08/2014, 03:07   #31

elite*gold: 0
Received Thanks: 1,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsomniacPro View Post
So I'm still waiting for you to tell me how using a dictionary, which you'd have to enumerate through, is more efficient and smarter than making a tile as blessed, then doing a simple if check.
No let me ask you a question...

Quote:
You are over complicating things

public bool BlessedTile(ushort x, ushort y)
{
return (Tile[x,y].Flags & TileFlags.Blessed) == TileFlags.Blessed;
}
Assume that i am casting luckytime at 10x 10y and another player decides to stand at 11x 11y how are you planing on calling BlessedTile without looping whatsoever.

And to answer your retarded question... The whole tile flagging thing is pointless. Each stupid player HAS to have a boolean or at least the PRAY status flag stored to tell if that player is PRAYING or CASTING PRAY.
And there is no doing it other wise so why waster your fucking time and resources flagging and checking stupid tiles when its a known fucking fact that whenever player X is casting pray his fucking X/Y are the center of the luckytime circle. And any freaking player in distance X from the caster should leech luckytime as long as he is not casting luckytime himself.

So now tell me what is so wrong if each luckytime caster had a list that contains all/any leechers and then whenever you update the caster onscreen luckytime timer you update whoever else is in that list.

If you think it could be done better than that then explain to me and to others... If not then bite on a real hard D*ck and save us your retarded questions...

Quote:
Sure, you'd only enumerate about 10 entities within the collection probably. And then do whatever needs be with each entry. But still, what is faster? Enumerating through a collection of the prayer, or doing ONE IF CHECK on a single tile in a timed manner. Plz.
Fast does not = efficient
And when a single feature such as luckytime has to be spread all over the damn source and intervene even with the map tiles then you better (Shift + Delete + Enter) that source and google the meaning of the word "efficient" first.

I was only trying to help your retarded ass you ungrateful little f*ck.
Old 05/08/2014, 03:16   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by { Angelius } View Post

Assume that i am casting luckytime at 10x 10y and another player decides to stand at 11x 11y how are you planing on calling BlessedTile without looping whatsoever.
Just the way I showed you, a simple if check on the tiles flags, and if it contains Blessed. And it's handled within a timed thread for players.

Quote:
And to answer your retarded question... The whole tile flagging thing is pointless. Each stupid player HAS to have a boolean or at least the PRAY status flag stored to tell if that player is PRAYING or CASTING PRAY.
And there is no doing it other wise so why waster your fucking time and resources flagging and checking stupid tiles when its a known fucking fact that whenever player X is casting pray his fucking X/Y are the center of the luckytime circle. And any freaking player in distance X from the caster should leech luckytime as long as he is not casting luckytime himself.

So now tell me what is so wrong if each luckytime caster had a list that contains all/any leechers and then whenever you update the caster onscreen luckytime timer you update whoever else is in that list.

If you think it could be done better than that then explain to me and to others... If not then bite on a real hard D*ck and save us your retarded questions...

And when a single feature such as luckytime has to be spread all over the damn source and intervene even with the map tiles then you better (Shift + Delete + Enter) that source and go study the meaning of the word "efficient" first.

Hey smart one, tell me what so inefficient about flagging tiles within a 7x7 grid. Then doing one if check. I'm still waiting. Because there's nothing inefficient about it. Now its less efficient to enumerate through values within a collection, than it is to do an if check. That way, everytime a player jumps or makes any movement whatsoever, I don't have to do a check right then and there. Think about it genius. I pray for you. Because as you can see, programmers here with actual experience, not just Trinity based experience, agreed with the idea. I'll take their opinions over yours anyday. Trinity based experience. 'Nuff said.

Edit:
No one said anything was wrong with your way of handling it, I just said there's better ways to handle it.
Old 05/08/2014, 04:22   #33

elite*gold: 20
Quote:

And when a single feature such as luckytime has to be spread all over the damn source and intervene even with the map tiles then you better (Shift + Delete + Enter) that source and google the meaning of the word "efficient" first.

Ah, employing the infamous 'shout down the opposition' tactic, popular within the political system in my country.

It's a bold move cotton, let's see if it pays off.
Thanks
3 Users
Old 05/08/2014, 11:27   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by © Haydz View Post
Ah, employing the infamous 'shout down the opposition' tactic, popular within the political system in my country.

It's a bold move cotton, let's see if it pays off.
+1 for Dodgeball
Old 05/08/2014, 13:04   #35

He lost me at
Quote:
If I have 2 implementations of the same thing, which work both exactly as they should, I'd take the one that executes faster.
Old 05/08/2014, 17:31   #36

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
this argument is hilarious i miss epvp
Thanks
4 Users