Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Monsters don't attack / move

Discussion on Monsters don't attack / move within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Monsters don't attack / move

Hello EPvP,

Since i'm studying on CO2 Pserver development the last time, i am asking questions here.
Now i got a new problem. My monsters aren't attackable, they don't move or attack.

What could be the problem? And where do i have to look?! Everything is working fine, so i think its a packet problem.. but i'm not sure.

Sincerely,

Bash.
Old 01/17/2014, 12:35   #2

Monster's not behaving in any way would likely indicate that there is no monster AI handling monsters.
It is possible that there is, and it is not executing, but seems a little unlikely.

And in all honesty, if you are asking here where to look then programming the monster AI is a little above your skillset.

Regardless, monster AI is generally located in the Monster class, or the monster thread.
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/17/2014, 12:39   #3

try to breakpoint there
at screen.cs
Old 01/17/2014, 12:46   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
Monster's not behaving in any way would likely indicate that there is no monster AI handling monsters.
It is possible that there is, and it is not executing, but seems a little unlikely.

And in all honesty, if you are asking here where to look then programming the monster AI is a little above your skillset.

Regardless, monster AI is generally located in the Monster class, or the monster thread.
Well, i'm here to learn this things, i will take a look at it! :-) Thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoumatrix View Post
try to breakpoint there
at screen.cs

Will try ! Thanks :-)
Old 01/19/2014, 17:49   #5

Can't find the error :/ ... there isn't even a timercallback in screen.cs :/
Old 01/20/2014, 02:58   #6

i wanna know what base source you were using? maybe MonsterAI is already coded but you didint call or execute monsterAI thread..
Old 01/20/2014, 07:47   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS 60D View Post
i wanna know what base source you were using? maybe MonsterAI is already coded but you didint call or execute monsterAI thread..
I'm using the source of Abdoumatrix. I think its trinity based.. Not sure though...
Old 01/20/2014, 12:30   #8

Theres your problem right there <_<
Thanks
1 User
Old 01/20/2014, 14:46   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceking View Post
Theres your problem right there <_<
Lol, help would be appreciated, i'm just learning, so if a source is working a bit... i can teach myself how 'systems' are builded and make it better by myself.. and probably making my own source later... So if you got a fix, please help me...
Old 01/20/2014, 21:50   #10

timercallback in screen.cs in older 1.

search for this
Old 01/20/2014, 22:01   #11

EDIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by abdoumatrix View Post
timercallback in screen.cs in older 1.

search for this

I breakpointed, and found the bugs.. it wasn't running over some of the if statements, when i deleted those.. it was running fine..

Got the monsters walking and attacking now... now i only need the possibility to attack them ;D. Then i got it fully working
Old 01/21/2014, 06:27   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashondegek View Post
EDIT

I breakpointed, and found the bugs.. it wasn't running over some of the if statements, when i deleted those.. it was running fine..

Got the monsters walking and attacking now... now i only need the possibility to attack them ;D. Then i got it fully working
Im glad you fixed it. To be honest thats a pretty messed up edited trinity source you are using..i had edited trinity based myself and i had no problem with the monsterAI ..there are some good public source you can use.. good luck with that,,,
Old 01/21/2014, 10:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EOS 60D View Post
Im glad you fixed it. To be honest thats a pretty messed up edited trinity source you are using..i had edited trinity based myself and i had no problem with the monsterAI ..there are some good public source you can use.. good luck with that,,,
Well i think you're right ^^. The only reason i'm trying to set this up is because of the Assassin thats included.

Can't get the attack to work... so i think its better to choose another source xd.
Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Tested most of the things in the source, and it looks like the most things are working, some things got little bugs which i got fixed already... But the attack bug is a big one, and 1 i don't get fixed.
Is the attack handled in: handle.cs ? or even in screen.cs ?
Old 01/22/2014, 13:18   #14

Could it be my client version that the monsters don't move / attack? because @ releases of the source i'm using i see the monsters moving, and the 'releaser' is attacking the monsters... ?
Old 01/22/2014, 13:19   #15

Its the source, not the client