Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:40

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Item Finder Project (you guys want it?)

Discussion on Item Finder Project (you guys want it?) within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Item Finder Project (you guys want it?)

i was thinking to make a item finder which will be easier then going into itemtype.dat and searching for it.

So i am making this tool for 5065 version which will help you find your item easily.
all you have to do is pick a item and the level and it will bring that items.

here is a example

Would you guys want me to continue? i am doing this for you guys so if you are not going to use it let me know please.

#note reason i am asking this is that if you think it can be useful to you then i can build more advance one with every item.
Old 12/16/2013, 20:37   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
You sound a bit uncertain. Well, I've always believed that the gift isn't the heart of the holidays, so I would say go for whatever gives you experience as a programmer. If this will give you good experience, go for it. Don't challenge yourself too much though, just build upon what you know. Good luck.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/16/2013, 20:47   #3

yah i guess i can build a basic one for now for weapons from version 5065 if people like the way everything is handled i will upgrade the version every week.
Old 12/16/2013, 23:08   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
yah i guess i can build a basic one for now for weapons from version 5065 if people like the way everything is handled i will upgrade the version every week.
Well, if you read in the file each time, the user can just switch out the file with another one from another patch. Don't limit yourself too much, though if it helps initially, that's fine. It's not good to under-challenge yourself either (if that's a word).
Old 12/17/2013, 02:34   #5

I think if you want to make a project like this it should be pretty simple. I think with the form you have you should make the item clickable and then have a pop up window witch reads the item dat line and puts it in lables like Name: Cost: etc...
Old 12/17/2013, 08:11   #6

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Instead of raw lines of text that are searchable you should try to use a grid view. You can then sort and filter specific fields very easily and it just looks a bit better overall that way I'd say.

Combining it with a DDS viewer could make for a powerful item editor where you can edit/add items really easily.