Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 01:39

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Updating & Effects Problem

Discussion on Updating & Effects Problem within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Updating & Effects Problem

Ive been helping a friend update his impulse based server from about 5730-5790 ish and am having some issues regarding effects like string effects, They work and show on the screen fine but they dont show the correct graphic, For example a fire effect would show a poision effect graphic. Ive tried multiple different effects and they all do the same thing, Been trying to re-trace my path to check all what ive done is correct and i cant see anything obvious that stands out. Anyone got a clue what i might of missed or done wrong to cause this to happen?
Old 10/25/2013, 00:20   #2

So you send a string packet using the type RoleEffect or whatever it is declared as in the source, with a string of "fire" and it shows a poison effect?

Did you breakpoint the packet being sent to check what the value of the string was when it was sent to make sure its not being changed somewhere?
Old 10/25/2013, 16:42   #3

3DEffect.ini contains the string you want to use. Aswell as the ID for C3 3D model object and texture. You can define how many times it loops and how long it also goes on for.

So if you're looking for a fire effect, then go through 3Deffect.ini and test out one and each of them, until you find a fitting fire effect. And then use that string.

There should be nothing wrong server-sided/in the source. That is, if you're not using a function that will always call a poison effect.
Old 10/25/2013, 18:22   #4

Thanks for the replys guys got it fixed it was an error id made in the string packet when updating it to the latest client.