Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 20:13

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

What's the deal with this scene

Discussion on What's the deal with this scene within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 08/10/2013, 07:23   #31

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
The original tq binaries are 5065 but have been edited and tweaked to work with some newer versions (I assume most if not all of the edits are just client side tweaks though as they have no access to the exe's themselves)

Korvacs and Love2Hate are using binaries but heavily customized and the database absolutely miles beyond any other binary servers out there. They have been working on their own custom 1.0 source for a long time but these things take a while and with the server being so popular in its current state I'd hazard a guess that they don't wish to rock the boat when things are going so well for them so I don't see it becoming their main server for quite a long time of thorough testing (which is a good thing)

TQ handles all skills based on the magictype table which allows for heavy customization and addition of new skills. Additionally all server scripting (server events, npcs, timed actions, item usages, etc) are all simple usage variables all linked together throughout the variables.

Basically each action has a condition to be met and then performs a true or false action which can be linked up to a certain number of events in a row (I believe the amount can be customized but it's simply to avoid infinite recursion)
Old 08/10/2013, 09:15   #32

elite*gold: 0
so am i correct in saying that, once i handle every action type they use, all the quests, item usage actions (potions etc), npcs and other things should all work? is there any current public sources that have this all handled? if i take leech data from a bunch of other servers it makes it a hell of a lot easier.
Old 08/10/2013, 10:25   #33

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChingChong23 View Post
so am i correct in saying that, once i handle every action type they use, all the quests, item usage actions (potions etc), npcs and other things should all work? is there any current public sources that have this all handled? if i take leech data from a bunch of other servers it makes it a hell of a lot easier.
TQ's official Eudemons Online source is out there which is for all intents and purposes a modified CO source which uses a lot of the same structure and database including the handling of cq_action and cq_task. That will be your best bet if you understand C++. If you want a C# version, that will be a bit harder.
There is this: which is a really basic implementation by master15 and RedemptionCO, which is a source released with a partial implementation (cannot remember who released the source, search turns up nothing).
I'll upload a copy of TQ's database and RedemptionCO in case you need them. EO's source is easy to find but I have that too if you cannot find it.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 4267 source - RedemptionCo.rar (2.78 MB, 2 views)
File Type: rar cq.rar (1.84 MB, 26 views)
Old 08/10/2013, 10:36   #34

elite*gold: 130
Or even this, this has the base handled. use the database kiyono uploaded.
Old 08/10/2013, 11:21   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk55 View Post
Or even this, this has the base handled. use the database kiyono uploaded.
I took a look at that and it seems only NPC dialogs are done, no actions past that.

after taking a look at conquers database it's quite interesting, i didn't know binary servers had this much power over the server. i'm now wondering if it would be more efficient to create an awesome program that piece together this database and show a better visual representation of what everything does, as well as the ability to add things.
Old 08/10/2013, 11:38   #36

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
Action types cover 14 or so primary areas of the server:

Code:
Session
Dynamic NPC
Map
Item
Client Item
NPC
Guild
Monster
User
Team
Event
Trap
Unknown
Wanted Character
Depending on which version of the database binary database you have (and there are multiple) will result in different types being used. The user section covers everything from changing hairstyles to handling rebirth, the monster section is used to drop items. The event section can be used to dynamically create spawns, compare attributes, count the number of mobs left on a map, teleport players around to other event maps, the guild section handles all guild interactions, team can be used to teleport an entire team, check if anyone has a specific item id on them, check attributes of each team member.

Just some examples.
Old 08/10/2013, 12:32   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Emil View Post
But doing an entire server with someone that has to offer "marketing", I'd rather not do it. What I meant was I would probably end up doing marketing aswell. Being a GM on a server is a job anyone can fullfil.
Naw being a GM on a server will kill your soul.
Thanks
2 Users