Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 14:55

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

local db vs external db

Discussion on local db vs external db within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
local db vs external db and NHibernate inheriting

while learning some about NHiberate i've seen at the tutorial that the one explaining used local db (the one built in vs) using SqlServerCe.dll with NHiberate
i would love to get more information about local db and if it's portable with the project files, also it's pros and cons

thanks and have a wonderful day

edit: i wold love to ask one more question about NHiberate and joined subclasses
assume X is the base and Y is inherited by X
how to map Y with certain properties of Y and X ?

I am using too many classes inheriting other classes, the sub classes should have tables with properties from that sub classes and the main classes
how could i do that with NHibernate

maybe entity class contains properties like (id,coords,flag), inheriting npcs and players
now how could i map the npcs class with it's properties and some of the properties of the entity class ?

edit 2 : do you guys think it's really worthy to use nhib. instead of a custom class to use for database (ex. impulse class at trinity), does it really worth the mapping and remapping each time you add something to a table (even with the mapping generator) ???

edit 3 : sorry im asking alot
would a one timer thread be better than 5 threads or it's actually the same ?
aka if the thread sleeps 1000 ms, and it loops through 100 condition , would it be the same having 10 threads each of same sleep that each loop on 10 conditions ? which is more efficiency ? (adding on a side note that maybe something like worldmsgs would sleep for maybe 20 mins but events would sleep for a min, so adding bother together would be loss looping on worldmsg condition and splitting them would consume memory for the stack reversed 1 mb)
that's kinda confusing, any dope explanation ?

again have a wonderful day and sorry for asking alot