Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 08:48

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

not receiving certain packets with proxy

Discussion on not receiving certain packets with proxy within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
not receiving certain packets with proxy

well basically i did change everything for this to work but so far i haven't found the solution (re-coded entire socket system, re-coded the splitters and even did try not to use splitters at all)
the issue is that im receiving all packets and not the others
ex. attack/action packet 1022 working fine, jump packet is fine , walk packet is fine
but something like update packet 10017, sometimes i receive it and sometimes i don't

here is a packet dump for the update packets i receive after killing monster and getting cps (yup im developing it for private server)

you may notice without proxy im receiving more packets including those with update type of 0x1d which is 29d aka conquer points update (that's what really happens, it update my cps without proxy and doesn't update it while im on the proxy)

could my socket system or even the way im handling/splitting packets effect some packets and not the others even if they are within the same type and length ? that's why im mind fucked since yesterday trying to work it out :\

thanks in advance

edit: i've removed everything from the proxy to just forward the packets for client/server, just de/en them and sending them without any modification or blocking or anything, traced receiving on handler and even on the socket event, i don't even receive them
Old 07/27/2013, 15:04   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
my guess is improper packet splitting
Old 07/27/2013, 15:25   #3

edit : nvm it's server side and i got it , yup it was at corrupted data im receiving not the splitter
Old 07/28/2013, 04:02   #4

why do you even use a splitter? Receive 2 bytes for the size and then receive that. You may have to call receive multiple times till you have all the bytes though.
Old 07/28/2013, 20:06   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
why do you even use a splitter? Receive 2 bytes for the size and then receive that. You may have to call receive multiple times till you have all the bytes though.
i did try that, updated your async sock release to avoid throwing errors if it can't receive certain bytes due to fragmentation, still didn't work
i've made more tools in the proxy (one of them to check for the packets that i split them manually , found 4/168 packet with wrong length and sometimes not even complete seal or packet length doesn't match sealing)
it ****** me off and gone to start developing my custom source once more
maybe ill go back and write a smarter splitting base to avoid wrong packets

and maybe i've ****** up something at all of them, would give it a try later and post the base if i got it working
Old 07/28/2013, 22:40   #6

That's why you may have to call receive multiple times. The one I released does not work and never updated it with a fix LOL.
Old 07/28/2013, 23:05   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Aids View Post
That's why you may have to call receive multiple times. The one I released does not work and never updated it with a fix LOL.
i did update it, i've even used a better system of a custom queue, but just nvm i would go back to that when i finish a custom server