Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 00:51

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

A little Help with College Classes

Discussion on A little Help with College Classes within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Closed Thread

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
A little Help with College Classes

Note: I know this is not related to conquer which why i will request to close this in 1,2 days, i just like to get some advice from someone of you since i know there is few nice Programmers here and i would be thankful if you give me a advice about this.

2 days ago i got approved to college and i found out my college have few programming classes and i was wondering if you guys can help me make my mind XD

Its first time me going college for programming and i know that "every language is good and i should choice the one i like" and the thing is i like the ones they are offering but not sure which one to start with.
So here is the official screenshot of the classes.

From this picture which one will you guys tell me to learn ( i love c++ and java to, and i can put my time and learn them, but i wane hear from a programmer and a person who went college to tell me a bit of how he started and what will he advice me to start with. Thank you.
Old 07/18/2013, 03:57   #2

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Like you said... these threads really aren't allowed. You're asking us to choose your college classes for you? That doesn't sound wise at all. You need to sit down with an academic counselor and find out what classes you need to complete your major and graduate (or transfer if you're at a community college).
Old 07/18/2013, 04:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Like you said... these threads really aren't allowed. You're asking us to choose your college classes for you? That doesn't sound wise at all. You need to sit down with an academic counselor and find out what classes you need to complete your major and graduate (or transfer if you're at a community college).
well yah 7/30/2013 Counselor will call me but since i know you guys long time i thow some advice will be good to,

#edit of i see i explained a bit wrong maybe this will help, i am planing to learn c++ i like that language but i was wondering by looking at that list, should i take something else first to open my hand a bit then go c++ or not, i searched on google a bit and some said c++ is bad for starters but i like to get some of your advice first,
Old 07/18/2013, 04:28   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
Alright... well, you're going to Los Angeles City College. I can tell by the names of the classes and the way they're organized. I'm assuming that since you're in this section, you're interested in Computer Science, and that your university of choice is UCI. To transfer, you'll need CO SCI 140 and 141 (for Introduction to Computer Science), CO SCI 136 and 141 (for Introduction to Computer Science II), MATH 270 and 272, and the general education courses (which you should contact your counselor about - since I don't know your college very well). You'll need political science, a biology, a physical science, and English (maybe even speech if you want to go to a cal state). As far as transferring goes... you're going to have a very rough time. That college isn't going to prepare you enough to be competitive (why students come down to Irvine Valley College and Saddleback College). Now please, don't post these things here. This isn't a community forum - we have a forum for that. If you want, I'll make a group for this section. I think that would be appropriate. Cheers.

Edit:
Old 07/18/2013, 04:47   #5

Thank you, yah i took a test on Math and English and thats my general classes, i was confused on the how to start programming, and yah or Introduction to Computer Science will be a big help to take, thx

#Request Close
Old 07/18/2013, 12:42   #6

elite*gold: 83
Received Thanks: 6,036
#closed
Closed Thread