Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

How Do you get the packet?

Discussion on How Do you get the packet? within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
How Do you get the packet?

I usually just copy the things i want from other source and paste in mine which i feel bad sometimes to not knowing them, i rather pay someone to do it then copy paste.

but i feel its time for me to learn a bit more about packets, just for fun i guess.

can someone tell me how do you get the packets?

like how do you know what 1009 packet is doing?

you get them from conquer.exe? some info about this will be thankful
Old 07/02/2013, 15:00   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGragen. View Post
like how do you know what 1009 packet is doing?
  • Capture packets from the official servers (for working on the latest patch)
  • Reverse engineering
  • EO source(s)
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/02/2013, 15:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nTL3fTy View Post
  • Capture packets from the official servers (for working on the latest patch)
  • Reverse engineering
  • EO source(s)
why from EO?
Old 07/02/2013, 15:57   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,518
EO was built on an older CO source, so alot of the packets are structured similarly or are unchanged...to an extent anyway.
Old 07/02/2013, 16:34   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korvacs View Post
EO was built on an older CO source, so alot of the packets are structured similarly or are unchanged...to an extent anyway.
ah i see well found something about

Reverse Engineering

lets see if that will put in the right track,
Old 07/02/2013, 16:58   #6

Quote:
ah i see well found something about

Reverse Engineering

lets see if that will put in the right track,
you should try lena151, i strongly recommend it to you, however some people think it's "dry" (quoting infamousnone) but i still think it's good to start, for me it was really good plus googling anything you want to dig through ex. "function name msdn" , maybe "pe files formate" also any weird non common instructions and sometimes some packers/protectors
it's a perfect start for non programmers (atleast in my pov), however being good at programmer will help you to rapidly recognize famous routines and code snippets
here you go from tuts4you

there is also more wonderful resources there
and assuming that you are arab here is at4re book (there is 2 available)

first one is not as good as the second one, the forum is full of crackers and expert people at reversing which won't mind helping you and it will be good to talk with someone in your language and find tutorials in your language

this is a good tutorials as well, i find them helpful for the extra details they provide

arteam got a stunning tutorials there but it's about selective subjects but most of them are kinda advanced
edit: you may also have a look at "seek 'n destroy" team which lena151 was member at, they got some useful links at there webpage , here
Thanks
1 User
Old 07/02/2013, 17:05   #7

hey thx, this is some grate stuff, ty. and yah i am not arab so i dont understand anything from that site.
Old 07/02/2013, 17:14   #8

Quote:
hey thx, this is some grate stuff, ty. and yah i am not arab so i dont understand anything from that site.
im sorry but it's not a big loss AS the english resources out there are more effective and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better, but back to that days my english wasn't as good i've had to read something in my language to get a little push to read english resources, so nvm the link ^^

plus about the OP you posted, you can simply use ollydbg , bp on the receive function and see how the client handle the packet, some more guessing and tracing then you will have the packet structure
as EO sources will be pretty useless with new tq packets, but it's great resource to learn through (assuming that it's stolen sources and it's official and not binaries, but i don't really know about that)
good luck trying learning instead of losing time playing online games and masturbating :P
Old 07/02/2013, 17:22   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
im sorry but it's not a big loss AS the english resources out there are more effective and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better, but back to that days my english wasn't as good i've had to read something in my language to get a little push to read english resources, so nvm the link ^^

plus about the OP you posted, you can simply use ollydbg , bp on the receive function and see how the client handle the packet, some more guessing and tracing then you will have the packet structure
as EO sources will be pretty useless with new tq packets, but it's great resource to learn through (assuming that it's stolen sources and it's official and not binaries, but i don't really know about that)
good luck trying learning instead of losing time playing online games and masturbating :P
well i went back, to 5065 since it very low version and its good for starting, i wane code some of the basic things my self such as warehouse, so i will go over some of the tuts you send me.

but i was wondering can anyone for example find me 1 packer on the conquer.exe and show me a screenshot, i wane know how is it going to look like, is it going to say like warehouse packet ex 1054 , or how will it look like.
Old 07/02/2013, 18:32   #10

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
for 5065 you have tq binary servers as a reference. You can use a packet logger to capture all of the packets and then structure them.

I suggest looking at my proxy paradise thread as I did get into some small explanation of how to structure packets before I discontinued it. It's also the logger I'm currently using for any additions to the redux source although it requires some downgrading to work with 5065