Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 11:18

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

why i cant change the moster name and npc selection to chinese

Discussion on why i cant change the moster name and npc selection to chinese within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0

when i change the name to chinese in server db, the moster name will disapper or in a "%#$%@#$" form...-.-
and i cant change the npc selection to chinese by change the server side 'npc.cs', it dont have any response

can anyone tell me how to solve it??
i'm using
Old 06/14/2013, 20:05   #2

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
the (english) client is utf-8 compliant, not utf-16, the set of chinese characters is not present in utf-8
Old 06/14/2013, 20:53   #3

get a chinese client and change your encoding to utf-16
Old 06/15/2013, 00:56   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
the (english) client is utf-8 compliant, not utf-16, the set of chinese characters is not present in utf-8
I'm not sure if Conquer clients are UTF-8 compliant or just ansi, but what I'm sure is chinese chars are included in UTF-8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuschun View Post
can anyone tell me how to solve it??
If the game client does not display correct chinese words surely it is just ansi, not UTF-8. I play Heroes of Might and Magic Online, from TQ, and the game client I'm using now is the chinese one, using "GB18030" = Page Code 54936: Simplified Chinese. Try saving your texts using that PageCode in ANSI, not UTF-8.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2013, 08:30   #5

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by urgabel View Post
I'm not sure if Conquer clients are UTF-8 compliant or just ansi, but what I'm sure is chinese chars are included in UTF-8.

If the game client does not display correct chinese words surely it is just ansi, not UTF-8. I play Heroes of Might and Magic Online, from TQ, and the game client I'm using now is the chinese one, using "GB18030" = Page Code 54936: Simplified Chinese. Try saving your texts using that PageCode in ANSI, not UTF-8.
sorry, I didn't mean utf-8, I mean ascii extended thanks for correcting me lol; ascii extended does not support (......)
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/15/2013, 15:01   #6

thank you all i will try to change it to ascii
Old 06/15/2013, 20:31   #7

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
The Chinese client was suggested as a solution. I agree with that. Why try making the English client a Chinese client? That sounds like a lot of work when there's one already made for you:

ftp://download1.91.com/zf/
Old 06/16/2013, 01:02   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Why try making the English client a Chinese client?
I think that is not the question. The game client can have hardcoded messages in english or chinese, and still will load text from ini files using certain ascii code page. So you need to write texts using standard ascii set (under 0x80) or use the right code page.
I checked "english" Conquer game client, and it reads ini files using that chinese set.. I have found 2 items with chinese names and descryptions in "itemtype.dat" from english Conquer client:
Quote:
711326 ¶¾ÄÒ ZoneQuest ¶¾»ðÊóµÄ¶¾ÄÒ£¬Ò©ÒýµÄÒ»ÖÖ£¬ÓÃÀ´ÇåÈȽⶾ.ÁúÒ÷´åµÄÒ©Ê ¦ºÜÐèÒªËü.
729024 ÁúÌÚ¾ÅÌì¾ÅÖÝ·çÔÆÀñ°ü ÀñÆ· Ò»·Ý·áºñµÄÀñ°ü£¬ºÄ·ÑÒ»¶¨ÊýÁ¿µÄÌìʯ´ò¿ª£¬¼´¿ÉÒÀ´Î»ñ µÃÁ÷ÐÇ¡¢×æĸÂÌ£¨Ôù£©¡¢À¥ÂØÑ©Ë®£¨Ôù£©¡¢Ô¹ⱦºÐ£¨Ôù £©Óë8Сʱף¸£Ê±¼ä¡£È«²¿»ñµÃ½öÐè19Ììʯ£¬ÓÒ¼üµã»÷´ò¿ ª¡£
Quote:
729024 龙腾九天九州风云礼包 礼品 一份丰厚的礼包,耗费一定数量的天石打开,即可依次获得流星、祖母绿(赠)、昆仑雪水(赠)、月光宝盒(赠 )与8小时祝福时间。全部获得仅需19天石,右键点击打开。
711326 毒囊 ZoneQuest 毒火鼠的毒囊,药引的一种,用来清热解毒.龙吟村的药师很需要它.