Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 15:37

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

general data packet doesn't update client

Discussion on general data packet doesn't update client within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old 05/27/2013, 01:45   #16

elite*gold: 0
I have no idea, I'll do some testing later. Never actually used the packet xD
Old 05/27/2013, 01:50   #17

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 2,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fаng View Post
Code:
    /// <summary> This enumerated type defines the types of interactions that can be executed by the client. </summary>
    public enum HoldingHandsAction : ushort
    {
        WALK_WHILE_HOLDING_HANDS = 1,
        JUMP_WHILE_HOLDING_HANDS = 2
    }
Correct (but that's for coupled jumps). As I said, I'd really be interested to see what else it could be used for with single jumps. I'm just worried that it would try showing the holding hands action with an imaginary character. That's what I experienced, but the interactions action was applied when I tried. It might as well do a regular jump.
If you're going to use C#, why not write* C# standard code?
Old 05/27/2013, 02:03   #18

Actually only the walk would need a value since the compiler can figure out the value of jump by itself xD

I assume you were referring to caps though?
Old 05/27/2013, 02:39   #19

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Ah, yah. I know - you've told me a lot about how I don't follow C# standards with how I name variables and document things. I've never been criticized for my style though by the industry or my education. I've gotten a lot of positive comments about it actually. I know I won't convince you (and I'm not out to convince anyone), but here's why I name things as I do: it makes scope easier to control. For example,

Constants / Enums: VARIABLE_NAME
Public Variables: VariableName
Private Variables: _variableName
Local Variables (in the scope of a method/function): variableName

Why do I do that? Well, let's say I'm writing a function that uses two identifiers: bodyType and BODY_TYPE. Which one is the constant and which one is the argument I passed / declared in my method? Easy when I name things like I've shown above. It's just a trick from C++ that I follow to control variables. It's a lot more powerful than having three identifiers (a constant, private class scope variable, and local method scope variable) all with the same name. To me, that makes no sense. You tell me what the difference between bodyType and bodyType are (besides the "this" you have to put in front of one of them just to use it). It's just personal preference, and it works really well for me. Industry doesn't care how things are done before they hire you, just how things are done after (and if you can do that change). As long as you can show well organized code, you're good to go, and I've found that the way I do it is far more impressive than Microsoft's C# Garbage Style.
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/27/2013, 02:54   #20

If you're dealing with a type enumeration it's pretty obvious it's a constant, you don't need the uppercase to emphasize it. Also, Resharper? lol.
Old 05/27/2013, 07:33   #21

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,107
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
If you're dealing with a type enumeration it's pretty obvious it's a constant, you don't need the uppercase to emphasize it. Also, Resharper? lol.
I do understand where you're coming from. Your argument is that it might not be necessary with some of the things I do. However, tell me which of these calls is a call to an enumeration type and which one is a call to a variable in a class: Foo.WooHoo & Foo.WooHoo. Now tell me which is the enumeration type and which is the class type: Foo.WooHoo & Foo.WOO_HOO. Also, you now want people to have Resharper just to read your code? Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you, that's just my personal opinion. You're welcome to style your code in any which way you find acceptable.
Old 05/27/2013, 13:58   #22

Hey, at least he's not using PascalCase for private/local variables
Old 05/27/2013, 14:37   #23

elite*gold: 28
Quote:
I do understand where you're coming from. Your argument is that it might not be necessary with some of the things I do. However, tell me which of these calls is a call to an enumeration type and which one is a call to a variable in a class: Foo.WooHoo & Foo.WooHoo. Now tell me which is the enumeration type and which is the class type: Foo.WooHoo & Foo.WOO_HOO. Also, you now want people to have Resharper just to read your code? Don't worry, I'm not trying to convince you, that's just my personal opinion. You're welcome to style your code in any which way you find acceptable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfamousNoone View Post
ReSharper rocks, it probably makes coding about 35% easier. (That stat came from google. )
Old 05/27/2013, 21:24   #24

Quote:
An enumeration type is almost obvious by its name alone, if it's not, you've chosen a poor name for your enumeration, such as Foo (although just an example ). Also, neither of those are "calls", lol. And yes, I'm aware anyone can write code any way they want, and as such I follow the standard of the language I'm working with because it's more likely that others will be following the same standard, and not one I decided was "better" than the standard set by the language itself.