Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 01:46

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

MySQL & PHPMyADMIN

Discussion on MySQL & PHPMyADMIN within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
MySQL & PHPMyADMIN

Hey everybody! Well, I'm new to MySQL & PHPMYADMIN and I don't really know how it works. Can anybody kindly elaborate on how I'm supposed to make it work? Like what I need to do to make a private server. As for username, how am i supposed to make one?
Old 06/06/2009, 02:32   #2

username for phpmyadmin is always root the pass is the pass u make when u install mysql
Old 06/06/2009, 02:38   #3

why is it always root?
Old 06/06/2009, 02:49   #4

elite*gold: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreymills View Post
username for phpmyadmin is always root the pass is the pass u make when u install mysql
Great way to mislead him. >_>

The 'default' or 'first' account name is called 'root'. It is recommended to change this account to something more personal, making it harder for someone to gain access to your MySQL server (if they find the phpMyAdmin directory or you have port 3306 (or your database port) open).

phpMyAdmin is a web-based MySQL-editor client for you to use. There are multiple clients for MySQL editing if you do not like phpMyAdmin or want to use something more advanced (like MySQL GUI Tools offered by MySQL AB themselves for free).
I recommend, if you installed an Apache + phpMyAdmin + PHP + MySQL combo, to relocate phpMyAdmin to a hidden folder that only you and a possibly a few others know, for added security, if you are going to expose your web server to the Internet.

MySQL is a database system that is considered one of the best, and is used by a bunch of people and organizations.
Thanks
1 User
Old 06/06/2009, 03:32   #5

Is there a guide where it teaches me how to use it? lol