Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 12:38

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

QO3 Coding Team

Discussion on QO3 Coding Team within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
QO3 Coding Team

Hi all.

Not sure if this is allowed here, if it is please accept my apologies and delete this, otherwise cool. If it's classed as advertising then there is a link back to epvpers on my site.

I'm wanting to get a coding team together to accelerate the development of our server source code. Aside from a few minor glitches we have a very stable and lag-free source and its way ahead of anything else atm. I have setup a SVN to the QO3 source to make stuff easier. Please drop me a PM on my forum if you are interested in joining the team.

Many thanks
Steve.
Old 05/07/2009, 12:30   #2

I guess i am interested if u need to kno more bout me add my msn

Old 05/07/2009, 15:19   #3

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
What language is it written on ? Java or C ? (I'd like if someone from QO staff to confirm this; Not random guesses)

Anyways, I don't think either language is very "popular" among this community. It's mainly C#, C++ and VB. Also, what kind of programming assistance is required since, like you mentioned, the current state of the server is far beyond any public servers at the moment. New quests (mainly done via NPCs, ye?) perhaps?

What minor glitch(es) does it have? Could you shortly tell what they're like? (If it doesn't give anyone advantage if they know about it.)

I'd be more than glad to join the team but my java knowledge is very limited. (Well, you can always google if you need to know something about java ) I've taken one java class, and it's not finished yet. I've mainly programmed in C# if you don't count couple weeks of random things in C++ and Delphi. If you think I could someway help, drop me a PM or add me on msn
Old 05/07/2009, 15:26   #4

I would like to help, but I`m not at your level, so I wouldn`t do too well :P
Thanks
1 User
Old 05/07/2009, 17:24   #5

The server is written in Java. I realise that Java is not a "popular" language, but it is not a million miles away from C# syntactically. I am also very conversant with C#, I wrote a full chat room client in it, and I dislike the language for the silly stuff that sometimes has to be done like Thread Marshalling etc.. none of that is needed in Java. The stability and speed of QO3 is proof that java is more than capable of handling it even with 400+ players online it does not have any problems and requires less than 1GB of RAM to handle even upto 600+ players (mainly due to the way I have coded certain repetetive classes). Obviously it has glitches as it is a massive source, a team would help to locate and fix not only silly glitches but develop new features at higher speed.