Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 19:04

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[help] Private server from scratch

Discussion on [help] Private server from scratch within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Wink [help] Private server from scratch

Hello guys ...

first, sorry for annoying .. , am the eldest and my little brother need me to make a server to play with his friends and be under they control .. because i was playing real conquer 2 years later

after a lot of search .. i understood many servers, client, patches, and game control over Hamashi and finally got confused..

So, i wonder if there anyone can help me from scratch to make a private server and make it hosted as vps ..

What source, What patch, how to add NPc, how to change game plan !? and so on ..

i'm senior programming engineer, Java programmer - Android - Oracle web developing too. but i knew the game is C# ..

thanks in advance..
Old 12/29/2012, 20:57   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Few things to start off.

#1: Do you care what patch it's running? If so what patch do you want to play on ideally?
#2: How much work are you willing to put into the server?
#3: How many players do you expect to play?

So basically if you just want a simple server to play with friends and don't care what patch and don't want to put any work in then just find one of the horrendously coded servers with a million features (plenty out there including ncos for 5165 and various trinity sources for 5500+)

If you want to write your own server from scratch (can do in java if you like) then that will take plenty of work but allow you to make the game be pretty much anything you want it to be and control every aspect of how the server works. There's plenty of information out there but you'll need to be comfortable with interpreting C# code to give you an idea of what you need to write in java

If you want something fairly stable and are willing to put in some work then I'd suggest one of Hybrid's sources (5130'ish and a 5300 one) or albetros (5518).
Thanks
1 User

Similar Threads Similar Threads
What is the average time to Build a server from scratch & if with some reference
06/21/2012 - CO2 Private Server - 13 Replies
I want to know what is the average time to create a server from scratch and what it would be if somethings from scratch and some others using any source as a reference {Assuming} 9 Hours of work daily ... NOONE COME TELL ME I CANT TELL ITS DEPENDS ON .... CUZ I SAY AVARAGE
[Building] Server From Scratch...
06/19/2012 - CO2 Private Server - 21 Replies
First i know well about c# not expert but i can understand things out Second what i am intended to do using albetros source but building it block by block to see every bug and fix it but what really confusing me that i want to dismantle the server then re assemble it ... so The question comes here , how where is the first block i add to make the server start making connection with the game and then the rest will come ...
[PROGRAM]Scratch
11/15/2009 - Off Topic - 6 Replies
Kennt wer das Programm Scratch?? Das ist diese Katze damit kannst du Spiele etc. entwickeln!! Kann mir wer helfen muss bis morgen ein Spiel entwickeln und in der Schule vorstellen
Making a bot from scratch.
08/08/2009 - GW Bots - 3 Replies
Ok, so I want to make a bot, never done this sort of thing before, I know very little about AutoIt... And I also don't know German, so don't go pointing me to any of the various german guides. Are there any English guides already written for this? If so, can someone provide a link(s) please? It wouldn't just be helping me, I mean, there's so many other people on this forum that could use it. Thanks in advance :)
Scratch hack?
06/25/2007 - Conquer Online 2 - 4 Replies
Hi guys. I need some help with finding out some information bout a hack that seems to be on our server. Nature: Thunder My friend got hacked by this new hack ive never heard of or seen. I guess what happens is that when someone is trading with you, it also gives them access to your char, and what they have on at that very moment and the hacker can take all of your gear right off you as long as the trade window is open.