Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 14:19

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Time Of Monster

Discussion on Time Of Monster within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Time Of Monster

How Can I make SnowBanche Apear Every xx:30 Min !!
I will Be Thx If U gave Me the Code or tell How to Do That !!!
Old 10/20/2012, 22:10   #2

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Handle timed events in your source.

You've given us zero information to help us give you troubleshooting information so that's as specific as I can get.

What source are you using
How does it handle spawning monsters
How does it handle timed server events (if at all)

Most servers will have some form of thread responsible for controlling AI and re spawning of monsters.

Simply ensure that mob respawn time is not hard coded (loaded per mob type or individual spawn even) and apply it to your bosses so that they only spawn X min after being killed.

I know I did this just fine in albetros (if a touch messy)
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/20/2012, 22:59   #3

Source 5620
Old 10/21/2012, 01:31   #4

elite*gold: 12
Received Thanks: 4,114
That is a patch number, not a source. And you haven't answered all of his questions.
Old 10/21/2012, 01:50   #5

Dude ! Iam Beginner So step by step Please !
i Know No one Need To Help The Beginner ppl but i hope to under stand how to make that !
so what u mean by this question !!!
Old 10/21/2012, 01:57   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by meshoshow View Post
Dude ! Iam Beginner So step by step Please !
i Know No one Need To Help The Beginner ppl but i hope to under stand how to make that !
so what u mean by this question !!!
If you're "just a beginner", then don't attempt it at all. It's painfully obvious that you know nothing about programming... Why are you even doing this when you know you can't understand anything we say? Pro4Never tried helping you. If you can't understand him, then you need to learn how to understand him. Learn how to program.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2012, 02:22   #7

okay here
1- summon banshe once server start
2- once it's killed run a timmer/raise an event after 30 min
3- this event summon another one

or even summon it every xx:30 , use a flag to determine if it's kill or not , once someone kill a monster called banashe u turn this flag to one , else this flag is zero , on every xx:30 u do check , if banashe flag is zero (by default) you don't need to summon another one , else you do summon it

if u didn't get what i've said above then yes as fang said , dun even bother hosting a server
Old 10/21/2012, 09:54   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by go for it View Post
okay here
1- summon banshe once server start
2- once it's killed run a timmer/raise an event after 30 min
3- this event summon another one

or even summon it every xx:30 , use a flag to determine if it's kill or not , once someone kill a monster called banashe u turn this flag to one , else this flag is zero , on every xx:30 u do check , if banashe flag is zero (by default) you don't need to summon another one , else you do summon it

if u didn't get what i've said above then yes as fang said , dun even bother hosting a server
"whats an event or a timer?""what's a flag?and how to use 'em?""how to summon it " then yes u're right at your last part "if u didn't get what i've said above then yes as fang said , dun even bother hosting a server"but such ppls have their own mentality "oh *** i've made a server using C#" then he thought "IAM A C# Coder" even he doesnt know how to write a simple talking npc.

For the guy who wrote the thread how about handling a code that every xx:30 a monster respawn like
if
{
Date.Time.Now(xx:30)
}
monster.respawn

that's the easiest way as u're a beginner.

P.S: itsnt the right code it's just an example as far as i know u'll say "oh dude where to put that code,the code is giving me errors" and i gave up Co until i finish my high school .
Old 10/21/2012, 10:56   #9

yup , u got a point , after everything i've reached and i've done , so far i don't call myself c# coder cuz im not aware of 100% of the language and im not aware of the common techniques real coder use , so until someone really get to this point he can call himself a coder nonetheless , they will never understand that hosting a server with simple edits to the source isn't the **** , isn't even worth it to mention
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/21/2012, 20:18   #10

elite*gold: 21
Received Thanks: 5,376
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slam View Post
"whats an event or a timer?""what's a flag?and how to use 'em?""how to summon it " then yes u're right at your last part "if u didn't get what i've said above then yes as fang said , dun even bother hosting a server"but such ppls have their own mentality "oh *** i've made a server using C#" then he thought "IAM A C# Coder" even he doesnt know how to write a simple talking npc.

For the guy who wrote the thread how about handling a code that every xx:30 a monster respawn like
if
{
Date.Time.Now(xx:30)
}
monster.respawn

that's the easiest way as u're a beginner.

P.S: itsnt the right code it's just an example as far as i know u'll say "oh dude where to put that code,the code is giving me errors" and i gave up Co until i finish my high school .

Or, using about 5 lines of code he could write it PROPERLY.

Your system will start stacking bosses ontop of eachother if one is already there.

Instead of making hacked together solutions that simply are not the correct way, take an hour or two to make sure you're doing it correctly. My initial reply listed exactly how to go about it.

The solution I provided requires virtually zero understanding of programming past basic boolean logic and operators.
Old 10/23/2012, 18:35   #11

system threading, create a new thread for boss spawning, titan, dragon, snowbanshee, thrilling spook, if (client.Entity.Name == TeratoDragon) do something like umm client.Entity.Respawn = 10 idk just an example

if (client.Entity.Name = "TeratoDragon" && client.Entity.Dead = true)
{
client.Entity.Respawn += 10;
}

I think the respawn time is also in the SQL database on impulse base 5517 ?

Or try my example here:
Old 10/23/2012, 20:33   #12

hey fang, i want to ask u something related to this topic. hmmm if wer going to use the kernel to add a timer will it used more memory ? or does it even affect the memory usage>?
Old 10/23/2012, 21:30   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbacor6666 View Post
hey fang, i want to ask u something related to this topic. hmmm if wer going to use the kernel to add a timer will it used more memory ? or does it even affect the memory usage>?
Everything in a source effects its performance. Memory has to be allocated for any new variable being declared and defined by the server. If you want to add a timer for boss monsters, that really isn't a problem. There are other, more efficient, ways of doing it... but timers aren't necessarily a bad way if you only have a handful of bosses running on timers. It makes for poor expandability though.
Thanks
1 User
Old 10/24/2012, 21:18   #14

In trinity source i made this code :

Code:
#region SnowBanshee-RespawnTime
                if (Name == "SnowBanshee")
                {
                    RespawnTime += 1800;
                }
                #endregion
that means that snow banshee will appear after 30 mins of killing it ...

you should put that in MonsterTable.cs at Drop Void .

hope it helps ...