Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 06:20

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

EXP bar issue!!

Discussion on EXP bar issue!! within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
EXP bar issue!!

well, am logging on the latest client and it works fine on Windows7, but on Windows XP it's ****** up , anyclue what would cause that!!?

Old 07/16/2012, 00:10   #2

I've been hearing that some people are having trouble with the new client on windows xp, maybe the new interface isn't supported ?
Old 07/16/2012, 00:10   #3

Received Thanks: 1,142
Running it as admin, with a fresh install? Could be a privileges problem. Another problem could be your graphics drivers, as that could cause overlay issues (since the buttons and all that are actually separate "windows")

I would test it on my WinXP virtual box, but I'm not at home atm.
Old 07/16/2012, 00:20   #4

Windows XP...
Old 07/16/2012, 00:20   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
Running it as admin, with a fresh install? Could be a privileges problem. Another problem could be your graphics drivers, as that could cause overlay issues (since the buttons and all that are actually separate "windows")

I would test it on my WinXP virtual box, but I'm not at home atm.
it's not only meh, it's like all the ppl who are using windows XP service pack 3 having the same issue ,moreover as I believe if you opened the game using a loader that issue will occur otherwise if you opened it by using autopatch.exe and logged in any of TQ servers , it will work fine , so I guess it's maybe a packet or something :-s
Old 07/16/2012, 00:25   #6

There aren't (or shouldn't be) any packets that change that portion of the client. They've had this problem in the past, and it was a conflict between the "absolute" positioning of the control in the INI files in regards to DirectX 9 (the highest supported DirectX version of XP) whereas Windows 7 is DirectX 11 (or sometimes 10) by default. Between Dx9 and Dx11, a lot of things were changed. Some legacy applications no longer worked, and some new applications weren't supported by people still using 9. It was one of the many ways Microsoft pushed Windows XP towards being obsolete.

Anyway, check the official TQ forum. Most likely the complains will cause a patch to be released within the next week or two if it truly is a problem with everyone on XP. And also in that case, there's no real point having this thread here, if it's not something that can be fixed on our end.
Old 07/16/2012, 00:36   #7

I have the same problem I need to close client 2-3 times so after will work fine...
Old 07/16/2012, 00:39   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroxelli View Post
There aren't (or shouldn't be) any packets that change that portion of the client. They've had this problem in the past, and it was a conflict between the "absolute" positioning of the control in the INI files in regards to DirectX 9 (the highest supported DirectX version of XP) whereas Windows 7 is DirectX 11 (or sometimes 10) by default. Between Dx9 and Dx11, a lot of things were changed. Some legacy applications no longer worked, and some new applications weren't supported by people still using 9. It was one of the many ways Microsoft pushed Windows XP towards being obsolete.

Anyway, check the official TQ forum. Most likely the complains will cause a patch to be released within the next week or two if it truly is a problem with everyone on XP. And also in that case, there's no real point having this thread here, if it's not something that can be fixed on our end.
but as I mentioned if they logged to TQ servers , the client will be loaded fine , while if they used the loader that issue will occur..., So I think there is a missing packet or maybe am sending a wrong packet somewhere will check that ...
Old 07/16/2012, 00:41   #9

Well then, you would have to log the packets and see. There have been updates to the anti-bot system recently, so maybe that's it.
Old 07/16/2012, 01:08   #10

elite*gold: 28
well, there is a packet subtype if not sent can cause your problem.

I saw it somewhere, I fail to remember where though, is on E*pvp.
Old 07/16/2012, 01:54   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by _DreadNought_ View Post
well, there is a packet subtype if not sent can cause your problem.

I saw it somewhere, I fail to remember where though, is on E*pvp.
any hints so I can find that thread!!! , coz am trying to send the unknown packets and no use :\
Old 07/16/2012, 04:05   #12

for me it was something related to chat "answer_ok"
Old 07/16/2012, 06:42   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoromeo View Post
for me it was something related to chat "answer_ok"
That would be the auth response.. which doesn't make sense.
Old 07/16/2012, 11:26   #14

elite*gold: 28
It's not a unknown packet, iirc It's a subtype of a known packet.

It was impulse who posted it when he had the bottom-bit-*******-off-problem and sending it or doing something with it made it appear, again, iirc.
Old 07/16/2012, 20:03   #15

it's no use cant figure it out :s