Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

You last visited: Today at 18:49

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

[Help] Private Server

Discussion on [Help] Private Server within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
[Help] Private Server

Hi This is my first post here!
I want to make my own private server but i do not know where i should start from, i don't want to leech my source like other people i want to have the fun of creating it myself. All i need is a starting point and ill be on my way. All posts here are valued whether they are positive or negative. Well i'm off to sleep now so ill check back here in the morning.

Peace
Old 12/01/2008, 00:21   #2

Learn to code in c# then
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2008, 00:29   #3

it doesnt have to be c# there are other languages
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2008, 00:40   #4

elite*gold: 20
Received Thanks: 1,000
@Beta Limit

First you need to pick a language you want to program the server in, i'd recommend using C# unless you're that kind of person who wants to figure things out on their own. (If you write a source in C# you'll get the most help, not many servers around that aren't written in C#).

Secondly you need to learn the basics of socket programming, if you may call it that. Which means you have to create (or get from somewhere) a piece of code that will handle the Client->Server communications. (This is a must!)

[Thirdly you need some knowledge on the encryption Conquer server uses, this is only needed IF you're planning on getting the Private server for patch over 5017, anything below that and you should get the crypto from any existing sources.]

Fourthly you need knowledge on the packets, how they work and where is a certain packet sent.

Rest is basically coming up with some math algorithms (dodge, damage etc) and general coding. If you got any questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2008, 09:21   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob9877
Learn to code in c# then
Some C# tutorials were given to me by a friend, he said he got them from here and if i was serious about making a server i should register. I couldn't find the thread myself - was someone called hybrid (i need to thank him).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanelipe
First you need to pick a language you want to program the server in, i'd recommend using C# unless you're that kind of person who wants to figure things out on their own.
I do like to figure things out on my own but i know my limits
I'm choosing C# as i have taken tutorials for it, unlike C++ and VB (VB would probably fail).

I could maybe use Hybrids socket programming, obviously with his permission.

I will be staying under 5017 as my skills with encryption aren't really that good.

And i will have a look through existing sources.

Thanks all for your input - If you have anymore advise or u can direct me to hybrids C# thread its greatly appreciated.
Old 12/01/2008, 10:05   #6

These are the 2 key things I think Hybrid would direct a person too. Both are his threads.

Thanks
1 User
Old 12/01/2008, 12:13   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incariuz View Post
These are the 2 key things I think Hybrid would direct a person too. Both are his threads.

Thanks for the links! Will now thank Hybrid for his tutorial and a Thanks for you for providing the links
Old 12/01/2008, 14:08   #8

lol, no problem. And if after going over the tutorials a few times you still find some things confusing, don't worry about jumping into an already released source and messing with it. I know I found the first couple of Hybrid's tuts handy, but I got confused when up the list. Just messing around hands on in an already released source is helping make a bit more sense of things for me. Of course, navigating to the proper sections can be a pain sometime, but w/e, eventually I'll be able to build a fresh source from nothing. ><
Thanks
1 User