Register for your free account! | Forgot your password?

Go Back   elitepvpers > MMORPGs > Conquer Online 2 > CO2 Private Server
You last visited: Today at 05:52

• Please register to post and access all features, it's quick, easy and FREE!

Advertisement

Error MySQL Connection and New Database

Discussion on Error MySQL Connection and New Database within the CO2 Private Server forum part of the Conquer Online 2 category.

Old   #1

elite*gold: 0
Exclamation Error MySQL Connection and New Database

My first problem: I'm trying to remake another server using LOTF this time, but now when I try to open up the localhost connection in MySQL I get this error: 2003 - Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10016). I remember this error happened to me before as well, but I forget what exactly I did to fix it because it was working later on. If I can't open the connection then I can't make a new database.

My second problem: When I go here "http://localhost/phpmyadmin"
The page cannot be found/displayed. Is it because my MySQL, localhost connection isn't set up?

Since this is my second server would I have to reset MySQL? Does anyone know how to do it? I've tried reinstalling but would I have to change my password?

Thanks for anyone who can help me.
Old 11/24/2008, 20:02   #2

no but did you restart ur pc after setup of appserver or whatever u use
Thanks
1 User
Old 11/24/2008, 20:06   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma-hand View Post
no but did you restart ur pc after setup of appserver or whatever u use
I use appserver and no I forgot to restart my PC. I'll try to reinstall once more and then restart, and see what happens. Thanks for the reminder.
Old 11/24/2008, 20:29   #4

ya took me along time to figure it out tell me if it works
Old 11/24/2008, 20:52   #5

elite*gold: 1142
Received Thanks: 1,161
First it seemd like you did not install AppServ correctly,but try what plastma said.
Old 11/24/2008, 21:18   #6

omg , why does ppl use phpmyadmin, mysql administrator + mysql gui tools and no more problems :|
Old 11/24/2008, 22:29   #7

I "backupped" AppServ, and then restarted my computer but it still doesn't appear to work in MySQL when I try to connect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmeTheCoder View Post
First it seemd like you did not install AppServ correctly,but try what plastma said.
What would be the correct way to install AppServ? Should I uninstall it completely and then redownload?

EDIT: I got it to work at the moment, but I'll ask for further help if needed. Thanks guys.
Old 11/24/2008, 22:30   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbigfoot View Post
omg , why does ppl use phpmyadmin, mysql administrator + mysql gui tools and no more problems :|
Agreed, Iv been using GUI tools since MySql came more popular than postgres xD

[Edit]
- MySql
- Gui Tools
Old 11/24/2008, 22:45   #9

it is more easy , more than navicat or phpmyadmin.